Those Lovely Thai Police

allanajt

i have been a regular visiter to phuket for 10 years with my thai wife we always hire a bike and i always wear a helmet and carry my u.k driving license adimitly it is the standard car issuse which has always been fine for me to escape a fine at the numerous checkpoints around the island .but not today they where at the bottom of the karon to patong hill karon side in there droves i wasnt the only disgruntled farang today i explained that previosly my license was good enough for me to drive around before to a couple of those happy chaps and the response was this thailand not same same europe. in others words give me your money its the end of the month the coffers are running low . did anyone else experiance this as very annoying handing over 500 bath and not even getting a thanku and telling me what i should have next time as not a resindent so cant get a thai driving license or can i ? ? . this is my first post thoses lovely chaps promted me to this

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you've been coming here for 10 years, you have a Thai wife, you think the Thai currency is Baths, and you get all hissy because you have had to pay a measly 500 baht because you couldn't be arsed to actually comply with the legal requirements necessary to drive here. Then you post here expecting everyone to be supportive. How juvenile is that?

You must be what the TAT refer to as a "Quality Tourist" then. Perhaps I'm too critical, maybe you are here to learn the Thai Language, and then intend to return home to learn English!!

Welcome to the forum.........

• Like 2

Honestly i do not know why people even bother to complain.

When you break the law you pay the fine.

Did OP have bike licence?-NO, so the other times he was lucky, this time he was not.

Once i was pulled over in the back of the soi and asked for licence and green book.

I had my THAI car licence and rego which expired 2 weeks prior.

I was issued with 1000 baht fine and had to go to police station to pay it(long ride away), police officer agreed for me to accidently drop the money on the floor and for him to coincidentally find it once i was gone.

NO doubt was rather a shake down, but i did break the law and i did not have correct papers.

Fair is fair, no need to whine about it.

Why do you think you can drive safely to protect ALL civilians because you have a car license on a motor cycle ???

In UK l took 3 different tests to be safe for YOU and YOURS. rolleyes.gif

AAAAAAAAAAAAAh, my avatar has gone, and l have not had a sherbert dab. w00t.gif

i got pinged in Hua Hin on the way back from Isaan on my bike for excessive noise .... pay it and move on, not worth arguing or posting about it on the dirty laundry forum .....

Yeh, talking to loud in transit perhaps. They don't care about the kids in transit,ermm.gif but you, few baht. Sadly that's LOS.

It's not what you know it's who you know!! my mate on his Kawa 250 got stopped just before karon beach I just drove through, police never stop me!!! he got a ticket which was for 500bht, straight round my police friends house, "no need to pay I will sort" great police here, in 3 yrs never had a problem only once paid a fine, my fault so fair cop guv!!! break the law and expect to pay!!

i got pinged in Hua Hin on the way back from Isaan on my bike for excessive noise .... pay it and move on, not worth arguing or posting about it on the dirty laundry forum .....

Yeh, talking to loud in transit perhaps. They don't care about the kids in transit,ermm.gif but you, few baht. Sadly that's LOS.

Right attitude have a <deleted> noisy bike which I hate and expect to pay!!!

better than a sewing machine with wheels thumbsup.gif

Z1000 is a sewing machine with wheels???? I don't honestly see the point in changing the stock exhaust for something that sounds like a car with a blown exhaust!! why do people like big noise, does it make you more of a man!! does it frighten other road users!! is it an extension of your small situation lol

Interesting first post. But yes, you need to have a m/cycle licence in the UK and a legitimate International Driver's Permit (obtained in the UK) in order to drive in Thailand. It seems you may be already aware of these requirements. You really have no reason to complain, and the tone of your complaint is probably part of the reason that you copped a bit of a sledging from other posters. Most of us who live here have valid licences in our home countries, obtained IDPs and then obtained Thai licences when we decided to live here. Accordingly, you may understand that you could hardly expect much sympathy for your situation. But in any event, welcome to TV. Let's hope your next post meets with a more positive reception. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Z1000 is a sewing machine with wheels???? I don't honestly see the point in changing the stock exhaust for something that sounds like a car with a blown exhaust!! why do people like big noise, does it make you more of a man!! does it frighten other road users!! is it an extension of your small situation lol

your plastic z1000 has no soul ...... yes for sure it frightens other road users , the stats show that loud bikes are less likely to be hit by another vehicle simply because they are aware you are present and about to overtake ....back to your measly 1000cc recycled plastic singer ..i hope you didnt buy it new ...hate to think of its value now lol ..... actually thinking of a reduction rather than extension ..regards Jeb lol

your plastic z1000 has no soul ...... yes for sure it frightens other road users , the stats show that loud bikes are less likely to be hit by another vehicle simply because they are aware you are present and about to overtake ....back to your measly 1000cc recycled plastic singer ..i hope you didnt buy it new ...hate to think of its value now lol ..... actually thinking of a reduction rather than extension ..regards Jeb lol

ha ha jealously is a terrible affliction,oh dear!! what a load of rubbish, your bike is loud so it makes other road users know you are there!! other road users like me think people with sooo loud exhausts are prats!! yes bought new and just like my 6 month old Mazda 2 which I sold for 15k less than what it was bought for the same will apply to my Z which you obviously could never afford!! no offense intended!!

As for a bike having soul well no it's a bike not a person!!

I'm interested in bikes that have no plastic parts, would you be so kind as to enlighten us to which models contain absolutely no plastic parts, explain how and why a motorbike has or has not got soul? does the bike you own have plastic parts, do you after a ride out look lovingly at your bike and say "you have soul" when I get back I clean the bike including the plastic parts re-fuel it put it to bed and forget about it until the next time lol

Edited by kawapower

ha ha jealously is a terrible affliction,oh dear!! what a load of rubbish, your bike is loud so it makes other road users know you are there!! other road users like me think people with sooo loud exhausts are prats!! yes bought new and just like my 6 month old Mazda 2 which I sold for 15k less than what it was bought for the same will apply to my Z which you obviously could never afford!! no offense intended!!

always pays to do your research bros ... i will bet you your bike for mine that its worth about half of what u paid if , thats if you could sell it .....as for the noise google it you may get an education ...

As for a bike having soul well no it's a bike not a person!!

thats why u ride the cheap plastic bike , bad attitude ....

I'm interested in bikes that have no plastic parts, would you be so kind as to enlighten us to which models contain absolutely no plastic parts, explain how and why a motorbike has or has not got soul? does the bike you own have plastic parts, do you after a ride out look lovingly at your bike and say "you have soul" when I get back I clean the bike including the plastic parts re-fuel it put it to bed and forget about it until the next time lol

your right most bikes have some plastic ,but some are made from plastic , look like plastic , smell like plastic and thats why they are cheap and have zero re sale value .... you will find out when your bike has soul once you ride it a lot, not just along the beach...... yes i park mine in my lounge actually ... hang on she wants to say something .... oh she said its not too late for you , to get a real bike made from metal that is .... lol ......w00t.gif

Shish I am taking my bike back to Kawasaki they did not tell me the engine was plastic lol I ride my bike a lot but still I can not say it has soul, it is a bike!!! sorry did you say what your bike is(is it a 795 made out of scaffold poles or maybe the ER6n completely made of plastic!! or have I missed that post? your bike talks was that an optional extra!! lol I have no worries about re-sale value when the time comes it will sell for a very decent price!!

I will google inconsideration to other people because that is exactly why you have a loud exhaust, you don't care about anyone around you, you obviously believe that having a loud exhaust will keep you safe, which of course is a load of pish!!!

Waiting to know what great bike you have!!!

Edited by kawapower

So they are not good cops for letting you break the law without penalty all the past times where you have been riding with an invalid licence of the wrong class, but they are pr$#s for giving you a ticket this time when you again have an invalid licence of the wrong class...

You are right, they are useless, they should have been fining you all along.

Edited by necronx99

Shish I am taking my bike back to Kawasaki they did not tell me the engine was plastic lol I ride my bike a lot but still I can not say it has soul, it is a bike!!! sorry did you say what your bike is(is it a 795 made out of scaffold poles or maybe the ER6n completely made of plastic!! or have I missed that post? your bike talks was that an optional extra!! lol I have no worries about re-sale value when the time comes it will sell for a very decent price!!

I will google inconsideration to other people because that is exactly why you have a loud exhaust, you don't care about anyone around you, you obviously believe that having a loud exhaust will keep you safe, which of course is a load of pish!!!

Waiting to know what great bike you have!!!

check out the re sale on your bike you will be shocked ..... i have had first hand experience with this here on Phuket , ..... my avatar shows one of my bikes just imagine you could have a real bike too lol ......that bike in the pic has gone up in price , yes correct because it has soul lol ........have a good one mate , going for a ride to scare some mazda drivers lol

they were out in force by chalong circle yesterday as well. i have thai bike and car licenses but i don't want the hassle of getting stopped so i slow a bit and wait for a few bikes to get ahead of me, the cops will typically pick 4-5 bikes max and the rest drive thought no problem.

Sheesh! Where's LiK when you need him?

prob riding his plastic bike too ...10 . 9 , 8 , 7 6 ........cheesy.gif

ha ha you own a bike that looks like someones sofa!! you own a bike with plastic bits lol nice bike if you like something as big as a car!! cheesy.gif

Is LiK a breed of dog? never seen a dog riding a sofa let alone a bike completely made of plastic!! laugh.png

Edited by kawapower

Sheesh! Where's LiK when you need him?

prob riding his plastic bike too ...10 . 9 , 8 , 7 6 ........cheesy.gif

ha ha you own a bike that looks like someones sofa!! you own a bike with plastic bits lol nice bike if you like something as big as a car!! cheesy.gif

yes it is big ....500kg loaded.... and a whole lotta soul ha ha ha cheesy.gif and appreciating ....... go on google the resale on your silent fart machine .... coffee1.gif