Mayor Of Pattaya Sets Out His Achievements Since Taking Office 4 Years Ago

Rimmer

Mayor of Pattaya sets out his achievements since taking office 4 years ago

PATTAYA:--The Mayor of Pattaya, Khun Itipon, has presented his achievements since taking office 4 years ago, to heads of communities as he prepares for the upcoming elections where he is hoping to win a further 4 year term as Mayor of Pattaya.

At Pattaya City Hall on Wednesday, Khun Itipon presented his initial 14 point plan which he presented to voters 4 years ago and demonstrated to the gathered community leaders that he had achieved his objectives and according to a survey conducted by the Burapa University revealed that 78.12% of Pattaya residents were satisfied with Khun Itipon’s performance.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/53874/mayor-pattaya-sets-achievements-office-4-years/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-04-26

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

As we whizz around Pattaya in air conditioned comfort in the skytrain he built, and wonder what the Jet Ski scammers boys are doing for business these days, we realise we have much to thank him for. As far as I remember, they were both personal crusades.

according to a survey conducted by the Burapa University revealed that 78.12% of Pattaya residents were satisfied with Khun Itipon’s performance.
The 6 people participating in the survey were 2 Jet Ski operators, 1 Baht Bus driver, 1 BiB and 2 Bar Girls. The girls rejected the mayor outright but were not considered worthy of a full vote so they were only deemed to represent 21.8% of the 33.3% they actually did.

BTW wonder what sort of kickbacks the Burapa University pick up for associating them selves with this sort of nonsense?

Jeez....youse guys....

Didn't your Granny's ever tell youse.....

If you can't say something nice about someone

Don't say anything ??

Jeez....youse guys.....!!

Edited by Rimmer
Fonts AGAIN

The 14 point plan as presented 4 years ago:

1. Community council with feedback from the 27 communities

2. 24 hour security inside the city and in rural areas

3. Sufficient water and electricity supplies

4. Resolve flooding problems

5. Trolley-car project

6. Easing traffic flow, parking lots at beach areas and Sukhumvit underpasses

7. Support for school children; lunches, transport and better skills training

8. Free home medical care for people unable to visit clinics.

9. More greenery planted in the city

10. Ban on digging up five key roads

11. Housing security project

12. Firm policy on sports development

13. World Tourism Festival in Pattaya

14. Clean beaches, public restrooms and a clean environment to promote tourism

Acknowledging the ambitious quality of this extensive program, the new mayor said that most of these problems impact tourism, which is the lifeblood of the city, and that to ignore or delay any of them would have a detrimental effect on Pattaya, its image, its economy and the quality of life of its inhabitants.

The 42 traffic lights blinking yellow was a great move.

I have an idea. Rip out the beach footpath and trees and pave it over for more cars and vendors. Tourists will just love it!

I've noticed squads on Beach Rd over the last few weeks marking-up sections of the road and pavement.

I had a sinking feeling that the widening of the road was being put into effect. What planet are these guys on ?

Surely he won't get in again ???? Lord Buddha help us all if he does.

I have an idea. Rip out the beach footpath and trees and pave it over for more cars and vendors. Tourists will just love it!

I've noticed squads on Beach Rd over the last few weeks marking-up sections of the road and pavement.

I had a sinking feeling that the widening of the road was being put into effect. What planet are these guys on ?

Since his family control the whole province do you really think he has any serious competition??

Hopefully that's just for this weekend's Music Festival and not the road widening? Daft idea that road widening.

. . . . Surely he won't get in again ???? Lord Buddha help us all if he does.

Do you honestly believe that anyone that might replace him would do any better? Is he worse than the present Thai PM? I hope the answer to that question is obvious and not in dispute. The problems here (as elsewhere) are driven my money and greed, which are promoted by the Government and not controlled by it. I don't see this changing, ever. Lord Buddha protect us from our protectors, full stop.

i think the road widening is a terrific idea ,it could be widened and raised right to the waters edge ,this would allow the motorbike vendors to park all the way along beach road ,then wide enough to double park tour buses , this also gets rid of all the hookers and drug dealers along the footpaths and if a jetty was built it would allow the jet skies to tie up alongside ,job done. another complete f-ck up.to celebrate the next 4 years.

i think the road widening is a terrific idea ,it could be widened and raised right to the waters edge ,this would allow the motorbike vendors to park all the way along beach road ,then wide enough to double park tour buses , this also gets rid of all the hookers and drug dealers along the footpaths and if a jetty was built it would allow the jet skies to tie up alongside ,job done. another complete f-ck up.to celebrate the next 4 years.

laugh.png he he he - are you thinking of running for the post ?

Think back before this present mayor, don't know even who it was but certainly he was a do nothing mayor, not often in the paper and not trying to make Pattaya a note worthy family tourist destination. Surely he has not accomplished all of his political promises but I believe he is a noteworthy mayor and if I could vote he would get my vote in fact if it did any good I would campaign for him.

Sure he is in the papers all of the time because that is news and he must need 2 social secretaries and a chauffeur and one clone to keep up with his schedule. Politics in Thailand is generally just a bunch of broken promises, (oops, same as in US).

He is very popular and regardless of his family's political influence I think no one could run against him and have a chance of winning. I still pray that is not the same thing for the presidential race in the US.

Surely he has not accomplished all of his political promises

Fair play to you for sticking-up for him, but which ones do you think he has accomplished ?

I for one am sick of the sight of him - his constant appearances in all sections of the media, plus the billboards spread around town are almost Orwellian.

I also don't understand why he appeared to claim credit for the introduction of the traffic light scheme and then he and his administration have quietly forgotten about them and they are never on - well apart from blinking amber 24 hrs of the day.

Think back before this present mayor, don't know even who it was but certainly he was a do nothing mayor, not often in the paper and not trying to make Pattaya a note worthy family tourist destination.

You seem to be suggesting that making Pattaya a noteworthy family tourist destination is in some way desirable. Personally I suspect that this is what made the place so crowded with Russians that it is impossible to walk anywhere most of the time. And it gets worse every year.

The current mayor is actually quite a decent guy, and very aproachible (despite family history!), i wonder how many of the responders here have actually met him and had a chat with him, he has a job to do like everyone else, and not so easy in his case - he has to keep the residents happy, the government happy and the tourists happy!!

Just saying like, flame on!!

The current mayor is actually quite a decent guy, and very aproachible (despite family history!), i wonder how many of the responders here have actually met him and had a chat with him, he has a job to do like everyone else, and not so easy in his case - he has to keep the residents happy, the government happy and the tourists happy!!

I have no doubts his father was also a very decent and aproachible man if you just had an occasional chat with him,but look at the facts.

he has to keep the residents happy, the government happy and the tourists happy!!....and his pockets lined.Please look at post #9 and tell us which of the 14 points that were his election program, he even came close to attempting to realise them.

I have no doubts his father was also a very decent and aproachible man if you just had an occasional chat with him,but look at the facts.

he has to keep the residents happy, the government happy and the tourists happy!!....and his pockets lined.Please look at post #9 and tell us which of the 14 points that were his election program, he even came close to attempting to realise them.

If you ever make a point of having a talk with him, he is at every public event..much to some peoples irk, just ask him, he will be happy to chat with you, or would you rather continue to comment "uninformed" , don't badger me, find out for yourself, it's not difficult.

If you ever make a point of having a talk with him, he is at every public event..much to some peoples irk, just ask him, he will be happy to chat with you, or would you rather continue to comment "uninformed" , don't badger me, find out for yourself, it's not difficult.

I already made clear that he might be a nice guy to chat with,but that are not the qualifications why someone is elected as mayor. but you didn't answer the question.

Which point of his 14 point program as set out in post #9 he has even come close to attempting to realising.

Or was the only point of your post to boast that you had a chat with the great mayor.Maybe you can add it above your avatar.

I already made clear that he might be a nice guy to chat with,but that are not the qualifications why someone is elected as mayor. but you didn't answer the question.

Which point of his 14 point program as set out in post #9 he has even come close to attempting to realising.

Or was the only point of your post to boast that you had a chat with the great mayor.Maybe you can add it above your avatar.

I never said his 14 point program had been realised or not, just saying he is a decent guy with a job to do like everyone else, i would be interested to know who you would favour as his replacement and why though, an informed opinion is always welcome.

Was there really any need for the childish remark in the last line of your post?

Edited by LennyW

I'm not interested in politics and I have no voting rights in Thailand,so I have no opinion in who would be the next mayor,but it is in the interest of everyone concerned that it should be someone who will keep his promises,or at least the majority of them,which is clearly not the case here.

Nobody has to gain anything with a mayor who just spend taxpayers money on useless, and unused since day one, projects.Or would you say that installing 42 traffic lights,at a cost of almost 5 million each, and which are switched off 24/7 is a respectable achievement?

The topic title was " Pattaya mayor sets out his achievements since taking office " which are actually not existing.

Think back before this present mayor, don't know even who it was but certainly he was a do nothing mayor, not often in the paper and not trying to make Pattaya a note worthy family tourist destination. Surely he has not accomplished all of his political promises but I believe he is a noteworthy mayor and if I could vote he would get my vote in fact if it did any good I would campaign for him.

Sure he is in the papers all of the time because that is news and he must need 2 social secretaries and a chauffeur and one clone to keep up with his schedule. Politics in Thailand is generally just a bunch of broken promises, (oops, same as in US).

He is very popular and regardless of his family's political influence I think no one could run against him and have a chance of winning. I still pray that is not the same thing for the presidential race in the US.

You do realise that our curent mayor was an advisor to his predecessor? Maybe he advised him to do nothing so that he could take over the job!!