Final Cremation For Mother And Child Electrocuted At Their Sattahip Family Home

Rimmer

Final Cremation for mother and child electrocuted at their Sattahip family home

SATTAHIP:--The cremation ceremony for a Mother and her child who were electrocuted in their family home took place on Wednesday despite the Police investigation into their deaths which is still ongoing.

The case is headline news on national Thai TV at the moment with an added complication of the mother and grandmother of the victims who has become possessed by the spirit of her daughter. Khun Chanitar aged 29 and her 5 year old daughter were found dead on 4th April at the rear of their family home.

Khun Chanitar was putting wet clothes on a line connected to a TV aerial when she was electrocuted. Her daughter attempted to help but was herself electrocuted when she touched her mother. Electrical experts and Police forensic teams are sure the death was caused by a third party and prime suspects in the case, the victim’s neighbours are still denying any involvement in their death. Khun Chanitar’s husband has now entered the Monkhood and presided over the funeral of his wife and daughter at a Temple in Bang Saray,

Full story:http://www.pattayaon...ip-family-home/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-04-26

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Is it only me who finds Pattaya Ones headline to this story in bad taste ?

It made me wonder, also, why "Final" was in the headline.

Suppose it was a very poor attempt a black humour, eg when someone is electrocuted, common phases that could be used could be someone was cooked, smoked, BBQed etc..and I guess that was what was implyed by saying "final cremation"....that certainly how I read it

Suppose it was a very poor attempt a black humour, eg when someone is electrocuted, common phases that could be used could be someone was cooked, smoked, BBQed etc..and I guess that was what was implyed by saying "final cremation"....that certainly how I read it

Not having a shot at you but

do you think this news item warrented humor?

I don't.

I think they need to take more care with their headlines or am I "just old fashioned"?

Edited by kevjohn

Not having a shot at you but

do you think this news item warrented humor?

I don't.

I think they need to take more care with their headlines or am I "just old fashioned"?

Agreed I dont think it was warrented..but then again Pattaya One is not know for its professional journalism skills..

Agreed I dont think it was warrented..but then again Pattaya One is not know for its professional journalism skills..

I don't think they are that clever.

I would guess it refers to the final act of the funeral rites.