Honda Big Wing Grand Opening, Bangkok Thailand

BigBikeBKK

Oooow, you can tease me by telling me they have a special deal on one of those big white mothers. I am in Bangkok now...and I wouldn't mind drooling over one!

PS: Or riding one back to Pattaya!

Edited by BSJ

Thanks, Tony,

But say - aren't those white ones straight from the motor pool of the Empire's army? Can't remember which Star Wars, but...

Never mind. I've been thinking of getting a new Bentley in the country, and to be honest, I can't afford both.

It would be nice to have one of those nice new white Goldwings, but then I stop to think a minute. . .

Cost more than both my new car and new turck I have gotten within the last year

Cost nearly as much as my home

My new car gets better KPL

I already have a white Honda with rack and basket that I have been touring Thailand on and cost me 1,160,000 Bt less and gets nearly 4 times the milage

Thanks for the pics, Tony. Too bad I didn't get a chance to meet you last night. Here are some pics from earlier in the day when I picked up my bike.

Congrats on your new Fireblade Brian!

Great party last night- Honda has done an amazing job with their new showroom!

Catch you next time!

It's a definite sign of age but I'm actually starting to think these Goldwing Land Yachts are pretty cool!

525591_3413406606434_1008117020_32625221_281047062_n.jpg

A bit big and pricey for Thailand but back in the US they're really cheap second hand and I can't think of a better bike for a coast to coast ride across America.

Edited by BigBikeBKK

It's a definite sign of age but I'm actually starting to thing these Goldwing Land Yachts are pretty cool!

525591_3413406606434_1008117020_32625221_281047062_n.jpg

A bit big and pricey for Thailand but back in the US they're really cheap second hand and I can't think of a better bike for a coast to coast ride across America.

Those GoldWings are simply amazing and extremely comfortable to ride; they literally float on the road and still deliver driver feedback. They are considered in America to be the best you can get for the money, even the more expensive exotic brands don't compete with them. Love to have one but the price in Thailand is insane and of course the only place to ride it would be out of town which I might add I would personally be doing a lot of touring in Thailand on that amazing machine if I owned one which will probably be never. I would rather purchase another condo and rent it out.

Edited by commande

Anyone know what their website address is? I typed in Honda Big Wing Bangkok and got lots of links....but no Honda!

I really want to know how much the extortion is on a Goldie.

• Like 1

Anyone know what their website address is? I typed in Honda Big Wing Bangkok and got lots of links....but no Honda!

Honda Goldwing GL1800 Front - rear ABS disc brake, 1832cc, liquid-cooled, PGM-FI fuel-injection

Price 1,539,000 Baht

Honda Goldwing GL1800 Front - rear ABS disc brake, 1832cc, liquid-cooled, PGM-FI fuel-injection

Price 1,539,000 Baht

Yup, like I said, rather buy a condo, well maybe 2 cheap ones OR maybe just invest the money - yea that sounds better smile.png - - - dam_n thing cost 67% more in Thailand than in the America - absolutely retarded. Hell a brand new 2012 Toyota Fortuner fully loaded is cheaper.

Before long Thailand will do what India does - 100% tax on all vehicles. Incredibly, the Indians pay and there are ridiculous amounts of vehicles on the road. You car generally in India cost more than your house. Well, maybe that last statement is true her in LOS as well :)

Edited by commande

Price 1,539,000 Baht

Yup, like I said, rather buy a condo, well maybe 2 cheap ones OR maybe just invest the money - yea that sounds better smile.png - - - dam_n thing cost 67% more in Thailand than in the America - absolutely retarded. Hell a brand new 2012 Toyota Fortuner fully loaded is cheaper.

bike prices is depressing in thailand once u start comparing it to europe or even worse,the usa

people buying a new bikes and getting 1000 usd discount because a new colour is about to be realeased etc

massive 2nd hand markets with real deprectiation means you pick up great bikes maybe only a couple of years

old for little more than half the rrp

Price 1,539,000 Baht

bike prices is depressing in thailand once u start comparing it to europe or even worse,the usa

people buying a new bikes and getting 1000 usd discount because a new colour is about to be realeased etc

massive 2nd hand markets with real deprectiation means you pick up great bikes maybe only a couple of years

old for little more than half the rrp

Yup and that is why the Grey Market Import scene here in Thailand was such outstanding business for many a shop - most shops where/are making 120% what it took to bring the bike in, put it back together and even purchase a Green Book. It's outstanding business but is probably going to end soon with the new laws.

You car generally in India cost more than your house.

Mainly the same in Thailand... Shiny volvo outside a wooden shack... nobody at work will get to see your house, your new shiny car though, just imagine the amount of face you would get every day. :rolleyes:

1.6m for a Goldie, bit much considering the riding options, if it was in Europe or North America where you have a whole continent of great touring roads and scenery, it would be a bit wasted in a small, limited country like Thailand.

Price 1,539,000 Baht

'Only' 1,280,000baht from RedBaron http://redbaronbkk.com/products/item.php?id=120419-0000633

Price 1,539,000 Baht

'Only' 1,280,000baht from RedBaron http://redbaronbkk.c...=120419-0000633

It's cheaper because Red baron are selling the GL1800 Glodwing!! the Goldwing is more expensive lol cracks me up how so many things are spelt wrong here!!

Worked with a fella who rode Goldwings for years. He did more touring around the states in a week that a Harley rider would do in a year. He rode up to Illinois on a trip and while standing outside his room a lady asked him is that your bike and he says yes and you rode it from New Mexico he says yes. Then she says I am the president of the local harley Chapter and I cannot get these guys to ride more than 50 miles in a day.Larry got a laff out of that, he died a few years ago but not on his Goldwing. Larry was still touring into his late 60s

Fwiw the grey market importers aren't going anywhere. The new law on second hand imports might drive up costs a bit IF it is even enforced but the big importers can pass along any additional costs to their customers and still sell for less than the official dealers.

Shops like Red Baron and 59 bike will see little impact since they import mostly NEW bikes which, as I understand it, are not affected by the new law.

Nice one Brian! Looking forward to see your reports on it after clocking up some KMs.

Thanks, I was nervous as hell riding it back home. Not to mention it was the hottest day of the year. I'm starting to get my confidence on it now. I'm actually surprised at how easy it is to drive. Changing gears and handling it are a breeze. I also love the extra power and being able to pass just about anything in my way. It's okay through the traffic if it's moving, but it gets a bit difficult when things are completely gridlocked. I'm taking it on a short trip to Ayutthaya tomorrow with some friends. Trip report to follow.

Brian,

Whenever i would get into traffic on the Blade i would just pull the mirrors back out of the way and it would weave through the traffic with ease.

Nice one Brian! Looking forward to see your reports on it after clocking up some KMs.

Thanks, I was nervous as hell riding it back home. Not to mention it was the hottest day of the year. I'm starting to get my confidence on it now. I'm actually surprised at how easy it is to drive. Changing gears and handling it are a breeze. I also love the extra power and being able to pass just about anything in my way. It's okay through the traffic if it's moving, but it gets a bit difficult when things are completely gridlocked. I'm taking it on a short trip to Ayutthaya tomorrow with some friends. Trip report to follow.

You car generally in India cost more than your house.

Mainly the same in Thailand... Shiny volvo outside a wooden shack... nobody at work will get to see your house, your new shiny car though, just imagine the amount of face you would get every day. rolleyes.gif

1.6m for a Goldie, bit much considering the riding options, if it was in Europe or North America where you have a whole continent of great touring roads and scenery, it would be a bit wasted in a small, limited country like Thailand.

i dont know where you get the idea that thailand is small ,its fxxking massive and you can ride around neighbouring countries if thailand isnt big enough for ya

Brian,

Whenever i would get into traffic on the Blade i would just pull the mirrors back out of the way and it would weave through the traffic with ease.

That's the problem with the 2012 model. The mirrors are fixed and shoot out at a 90 degree angle. They also seem to be right at the level of most cars mirrors.

I know guys who do long distance rides on their FJR1300's regularly. Awesome highway machines and surprisingly nimble through the twistsies.

There was a guy named the "Snail" on GT Rider who was legend for regularly riding from Chiang Mai to Singapore in two days on his Ducati. A Goldwing we be awesome for rides like that.

Edited by BigBikeBKK

I spoke with Hans at BIRA last Monday and he said Honda has already sold all of the Goldwing's in stock.

I know guys who do long distance rides on their FJR1300's regularly. Awesome highway machines and surprisingly nimble through the twistsies.

There was a guy named the "Snail" on GT Rider who was legend for regularly riding from Chiang Mai to Singapore in two days on his Ducati. A Goldwing we be awesome for rides like that.

i dont know where you get the idea that thailand is small ,its fxxking massive and you can ride around neighbouring countries if thailand isnt big enough for ya

Don't get me wrong, Thailand's great for mini-riding, though are you going to take your goldwing into Cambodia, Laos and Burma? After a few tours you'll pretty much have done it all.

Being based in N. America or Europe for comparison would offer virtually endless opportunities.

Edited by strollling

Worked with a fella who rode Goldwings for years. He did more touring around the states in a week that a Harley rider would do in a year. He rode up to Illinois on a trip and while standing outside his room a lady asked him is that your bike and he says yes and you rode it from New Mexico he says yes. Then she says I am the president of the local harley Chapter and I cannot get these guys to ride more than 50 miles in a day.Larry got a laff out of that, he died a few years ago but not on his Goldwing. Larry was still touring into his late 60s

Some of Us Harley riders do tend to put a lot of miles on their bikes. Even when I lived in cold snowy Illinois. Sounds to me like a tale to tell other Harley Haters. Us harley riders know better. 1996 Fatboy here in Thailandand I put some miles on it here too. It never ceases to amaze me as to how people want to put other bikes down. I feel right on A Harley but I do not have to talk trash about a guy who rides a Honda or any other brand for that matter. I figure to each his own and would ride with any biker no matter what he rides. Happy riding all and safely please! Peace!

Edited by djvolak
  • Like 2

Some of Us Harley riders do tend to put a lot of miles on their bikes. Even when I lived in cold snowy Illinois. Sounds to me like a tale to tell other Harley Haters. Us harley riders know better. 1996 Fatboy here in Thailandand I put some miles on it here too. It never ceases to amaze me as to how people want to put other bikes down. I feel right on A Harley but I do not have to talk trash about a guy who rides a Honda or any other brand for that matter. I figure to each his own and would ride with any biker no matter what he rides. Happy riding all and safely please! Peace!

Not putting anyone down just recapping the story as my friend told it By the way the trash came from the president of there local harley riders. I donot even think she was talking trash just facts about the people she rode with. Edited by moe666