Time Senstive Food Tip: Bargain Beef Wellington, 2 Days Only!

Jingthing

I think of Beef Wellington as a very expensive dish so when I noticed it on the Jamesons Weekly bargain specials menu, I made a point of trying it there. Two courses for 250 baht or add 15 baht to get a small dessert.

The Beef Wellington that arrived was quite a generous portion, the pastry was well cooked and delicious, the Thai beef was a little tough and probably overcooked but flavorful, and the pate was OK. On the side, garden peas, nicely fried medallions of potato, some tomato, and gravy. I am sure not the most elegant Beef Wellington in town (I think I recall Maggs has it for 650 baht!) but my non-expert impression is that it was serviceable enough.

I also enjoyed the English style (not French) onion soup with cheese bread to start.

Here's the rub. The special is on only through the 28th. The dish is NOT on their regular menu.

Also note pints of Tiger or Heineken for 99 baht before 7 p.m.

I guess most expats are aware of Jamesons but maybe not everyone, and this Beef Wellington special shows its worth a look at their website sometimes to see what's on that week.

http://www.jamesons-...weekly-menu.php

Edited by Jingthing

You guys are so lucky to have Jingthing around to point out good places to eat and give knowledgeable reviews. I wish that we had his equivalent in Chiang Mai, but I'm not sure that it would be worth having to put up with his opinions on American politics as well as the food reviews. tongue.png