60-Day Double Entry Tourist Visa

Hi there,

I entered Thailand on a 60-day double entry tourist visa. I have recently extended my stay by 30 days at immigration in Bangkok. I have just over 2 weeks left in the Kingdom and would like to stay longer. If I ran to a nearby border and crossed over into a country, eg. Laos and crossed straight back into Thailand would I automatically have another 60 days because my tourist visa was double entry? (It seems it used to work this way in the past, I'm not sure if it still works like this?) Or would I have to visit the Thai embassy in Laos and get another 60-day tourist visa?

Thank you,

Jason

I think it goes like this the first 60 day entry visa is on entry ,then it can be extended by 30 days at the imm office ,the second 60 day visa you have to exit the country (I think ) to activate it as a visa then you can extend that one by a further 30 days ,effectively giving you 180 days in Thailand

P.S Not sure if you can do the second visa at the imm office,

dose anyone know if this can be done in country

All info helps all

An entry can not be made at an immigration office so to use any visa for a new entry you must exit the country and return for a new stamp during the validity of the visa (before the use before date on the visa itself). Normally a two entry visa issued in region will be valid for 90 days from date of issue.

On your first entry you get 60 days permission to stay which can be extended at immigration for 30 days (1900 baht) Then you must leave Thailand to activate the second 60 day period. You must leave and reenter Thailand on or before the "must enter by" date on your VISA, not the permission to stat stamp in your passport. It can be extended for 30 days at immigration (1900 baht). You cannot activate the the second entry without leaving Thailand either by land or air.

Thank you Wayne,

At the moment, when I look at my visa, I don't see a re-enter by date. Will you only get that upon exiting the Kingdom? And is there a certain amount of time you have to be outside the Kingdom for? I literally want to cross the border and come straight back to activate the second 60 days! Could you recommend a good area or border post to do this at? I will be doing it by land. Using either a train or bus.

Thanks again.

If still in Bangkok, most people go to Cambodia, maybe you can combine it with a visit to Angkor wat.

There are several companies that organize daily border runs and will guide you to the whole process.

Hey Mario, thanks man.

Could you please tell me how far the Angkor Wat is from the Cambodian border? And what the cheapest way to get to the Wat is? I think I will have to spend a night near the border. Will probably take the train from Hualampong to Aranya Prathep, apparently it's only about B50? I've been told though that the Cambodian visa at the border is B800, is that correct? Thanks.

Victory Monument <Vans are on the far right hand side towards Mo Chit under the freeway right hand side of the Skytrain> 160Baht to Poi Pet. Cross over 1000 Baht or 20US <Do not listen to any of the touts and read the border sign carefully there is a fake BS border building that touts try and get money from you.60m before the border> Once you are across take a free shuttle to the bus terminal on the Cambodian side. You have two choices get in a van for around 150 Baht or share a taxi for 40$ between 4 people. Siam Riep is about 4 hours away easy ride. Siam Reap is cheap I suggest a quick view at Trip Advisor to pick a nice place to stay. I have stayed at a couple different places and Motherhome<18$ Plus breakfast buffet and superior staff> was by far the best<Even nice enough to arrange a shared car if you need it. Ankor Complex is 20$ a day or 3 days for 40$ the Tuk Tuk cost 10$ for the day there are two loops that cover most of the touristy stuff like Ankor Wat, Bayon and the minor temples. The action in Siam Riep is pretty low key but fun you can smoke there they do not care and the night market is semi decent. I hope that helps.

hi,

are you clear as to when you need to do your border run to activate your next 60 days ?

you can't just do it on the last day of your 30 day extension, immigration will have stamped a date in your passport but that's not the date you need to goto cambodia, you need to look on the visa itself and there will be a enter before date shown that's the last day or ideally go 1 day before that date,

if your going to siam reap you'll need to go for a minimum of 2-3 days earlier to make it worth while so you can come back into thailand on the enter before date.

if you get your dates wrong and make a mistake you'll only get 15 days on your next stamp,