Pattaya Traffic Jam

poanoi

It was pretty bad last night. Took me about 25 minutes from Pattaya Tai to Soi 4 on 2nd road. Klang was barricaded heading towards Suk. And the traffic on Suk heading into Pattaya was UNREAL. I probably got on it right after they opened it back up after closing it for royalty? Really bad backups.

That's why i won't own a car in Pattaya. The traffic is bad at the best of times and parking is next to impossible in the places you want to go, Soi Buakhau etc. Better to use a bike or public transport or sometimes even quicker to walk.

Agreed for getting around town, but you need a car to escape Pattaya. If I lived there I know I would *need* to get out at least a couple times per month for a reality/sanity check. That's not as easy/convenient/safe/dry on a motorbike. Also on a motorbike you're limited to transporting one (or at most two) girls.

There has been a traffic jam all week-end as they switched the traffic lights on Sukhumvith to a very long cycle time

Do you know why BIB are doing this?

No idea why they do it but it happens every week-end with holiday week-ends seemingly even longer.

There has been a traffic jam all week-end as they switched the traffic lights on Sukhumvith to a very long cycle time

Do you know why BIB are doing this?

Yes they are doing it deliberately to piss off the OP :)