Record Marijuana Haul Seized In Saraburi

webfact

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a few potsmokers in the UK who are like wine-experts, they don't take other drugs at all except cannabis. A lot of them are now increasingly turning away from indoor-grown plants, and from brain-frying super-strains. Outdoor-grown plants from traditonally pot-growing regions are becoming more popular once again among some of the purists. "Under the sun, where plants belong" is a phrase I heard recently. I don't smoke though so idk.

My angle on all this is that I'm just 24/7 disgusted that police globally are ordered to use their working days to round-up naturally growing shrubs, when theres rapists and paedophiles etc.etc. running around free.

The strongest drugs are legal in bars, & even harder drugs are available in hospitals & in prescription drugs, stuff from the hospital is way stronger than anything you'll get on the streets. I've been on 'Depakine' for twenty years & that is legal & they even give it to kids, but it makes you walk in slow-motion like the Stay-Puft man in ghostbusters.

That looked like compressed brick weed, the harshest shittest tasting low grade crap. If you think 'purists' are turning to that dirt weed...lol

The police could have allowed the delivery of decoy packages to the address in the UK after confiscating the real stuff and liasing with the Brittish police, then the recipient could have been nabbed as well.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

The Thai police could have done that, but that would have meant, thinking outside the box and using some police initiative.

Na, lets just parade boxes of marijuana and say we stopped the shipment, but do not know who the delivery was for.

Chris.

Surprised no-one noticed it being grown. At a rough guess 3.5 tonnes of dope would be a plantation area of 2 or more hectares (more than 12 Rai), which with all the associated irrigation etc. is a little hard not to notice.

Including all the pickers, sorters, guards, paid of locals & officials; there must literally be 100's in on the deal.

Sure, many are in on this one. Not a single man operation.

This is a quote from CKR website. They seem to be able to handle the goods.:

"When importing or exporting consingments to/from the UK, it is imperative that the correct procedures are followed and that all documents are presented to H.M.Revenue & Customs, completed in accordance with their regulations - Failure to do so may result in prosecution.

CKR Services are pleased to advise that we are able to take the headache out of this aspect of your business by offering you our port agency and Customs brokerage services.

I'm assuming you're being sarcastic with your comment, so in light of that, have you ever shipped anything overseas? That's how FedEx, UPS, DHL, all of them operate. They have their own customs brokerage services.

Thai police seize 3,000kg of marijuana packed up in boxes and marked for delivery to UK haulage company

Dartford firm CKR Services denies all knowledge of the packages

'We are nothing to do with the illegal drug trade'

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

Thai police have seized more than 3,000kg of marijuana which was packed up in hundreds of boxes destined for the UK.

The packages - worth a total of £1million - were ready to be sent to haulage firm CKR Services' warehouse address in Galleon Boulevard, Dartford, Kent.

The firm told MailOnline it had 'nothing to do with the illegal drug trade and was appalled that the stickers were addressed to its warehouse'.

Full story/pictures: http://www.dailymail...ge-company.html

-- Daily Mail Online 2012-04-28

footer_n.gif

But did'nt this guy say that he had done it before, if so, how can the UK company say with truth that they are appalled that the stickers are addressed to their warehouse.

I hope the UK customs look a little further than this.

Tos and Tong - Chalit said he will "investigate further."

Ahhhh..HaH!

I knew it! These are the Grandsons of Two Famous Americans!!! "Cheech and Chong"

Back in the Seventiescoffee1.gif They had Referenced to, being in Thailand... When they had talked about "Thai Stick" and needed sooome Mooore. Who could blame them getting involved with Thai Beautieswub.png ... While they were here... wow!biggrin.pngtongue.pngsmile.png

Well this should get them all death including the driver. I know it sounds hard but it is the only way to stop this problem.

No it isn't! The majority of this planet has been forced to follow the US's religiously motivated drug policy for the past 90 years. The alcohol and tobacco lobbyists love guys like you buddy. This is weed for Christs sake, nobody should be murdered by the state for dealing in it. This whole phoney drug war would go away if we decriminilised a medicinal issue and regulated it. End of story.

• Like 2

It is pity that Thailand classifies that stuff about the same as heroin and meth. The law is the law but it doesn't seem nearly as harmful as other class A drugs.

It's classified as a Schedule 1 drug at # 16

Psychotropic Substances Act

B.E. 2518 (1975)

Schedule 1

1. CATHINONE ((-)-a-Amino-propiophenone)

2. DET (N,N-Diethyltryptamine)

3. DMHP (3-(1,2 Dimethylheptyl)-1-hydroxy-7,8,9,10-tetrahydro-6,6,9

trimethyl-6H-dibenzo [b,d] pyran)

4. DMT (N,N-Dimethyltryptamine)

5. MESCALINE (3,4,5-Trimethoxyphenethylamine)

6. 4-METHYL AMINOREX ((+)-cis-2-Amino-4-methyl-5-phenyl-2-oxazoline or

(+)- cis-4,5- Dihydro-4-methyl-5-phenyl-2-oxazolamine)

7. N-ethyl MDA or MDE ((+)-N-Ethyl-a-methyl-3,4-(methylenedioxy)phenethylamine)

8. N-hydroxy MDA or N-OHMDA ((+)-N-[a-Methyl-3,4-(methylenedioxy)

phenethyl] hydroxylamine)

9. PARAHEXYL (3-Hexyl-1-hydroxy-7,8,9,10-tetrahydro-6,6,9-trimethyl-6H-dibenzo

[b,d] pyran)

10. PCE (N-ethyl-1-phenylcyclohexylamine)

11. PHP or PCPY (1-(1-Phenylcyclohexyl) pyrrolidine)

12. PSILOCINE (3-(2-Dimethylaminoethyl)-4-hydroxyindole)

13. PSILOCYBINE (3-(2-Dimethylaminoethyl)-indol-4-yl dihydrogen phosphate)

14. STP or DOM (2-amino-1-(2,5-Dimethoxy-4-methyl) phenylpropane)

15. TCP (1-[1-(2-Thienyl) cyclohexyl] piperidine)

16. TETRAHYDROCANNABINOL (1-Hydroxy-3-pentyl-6 a, 7,10,10 a-tetrahydro-6,6,9-trimethyl-6H-dibenzo [b,d] pyran)(2)

17.ETRYPTAMINE (3-(2-aminobutyl) indole)

18. METHCATHINONE (2-(methylamino)-1-phenylpropan-1-one)

http://www.thailawforum.com/database1/Narcotics-Act-part1.html

This is a quote from CKR website. They seem to be able to handle the goods.:

CKR Services are pleased to advise that we are able to take the headache out of this aspect of your business by offering you our port agency and Customs brokerage services.

3.5 tons of pot will take away a lot of headaches. ;)

Well this should get them all death including the driver. I know it sounds hard but it is the only way to stop this problem.

Chalerm agrees with you. He even wants to expedite these death penalty cases.

He was all over this drug bust scene. Him and the National Police Chief.

It is pity that Thailand classifies that stuff about the same as heroin and meth. The law is the law but it doesn't seem nearly as harmful as other class A drugs.

not really tbf, it's a category v drug... so they do differentiate it, for example you can't get the death penalty for it if caught for possession or with intent to sell, though i'm not sure about smuggling in or out.

also the maximum for possession is 5 years whereas heroin and yaba is ten.

but get this, you can have as much as ten kilo's of marijuana for it to be classified as personal use! lol

I think an important point of relevance, disregarding the main topic, are the words in the post:

"Meanwhile, Corrections Department director-general Suchat Wong-ananchai announced that his department had found nearly 60,000 methamphetamine tablets, 9,513 cell phones, and 5,834 SIM cards in prisons across the country during the past six months.

"We have dismissed 28 prison officials for allowing these banned items in the correctional facilities," Suchat said."

In essence, the officials were simply dismissed after their good and impressive financial take. That is an importnat point, and it STINKS.

Dismissed?

Anywhere else they'd be in court and serving time after a trial.

Nothing else to add.......

-mel.

This is the most inteligent thing I've heard in the thread so far, to be dismissed would mean they had either suspicion or proof, that said of course there would be charged brought against them anywhere else. It stinks and like you said Mel. I too hate how the police in Thailand are ABOVE the law.

Christ on a surfboard ...yeah, well, luckily enough blunt still makes it to the streets (while they can seize and tap their shoulders one each other as much as 'em want) as not everybody can grow it on their own like me for the last 40 odd years ... 3.45 tonnes - so what, nice package however, would fit in my bigger bong lets say in 5 or 6 hits - lol -

Just burn that shit and let me know before so i can post myself in wind-direction and take some deep breaths ...!!

> Just imagine how the fight the weed -

even harder than they fight coke and speed -

but still we continue smoking weed -

'till our eyes bleed, 'till the eyes bleed ...!

Christ on a surfboard ...yeah, well, luckily enough blunt still makes it to the streets (while they can seize and tap their shoulders one each other as much as 'em want) as not everybody can grow it on their own like me for the last 40 odd years ... 3.45 tonnes - so what, nice package however, would fit in my bigger bong lets say in 5 or 6 hits - lol -

Just burn that shit and let me know before so i can post myself in wind-direction and take some deep breaths ...!!

> Just imagine how the fight the weed -

even harder than they fight coke and speed -

but still we continue smoking weed -

'till our eyes bleed, 'till the eyes bleed ...!

When will you be released ? blink.png

The police could have allowed the delivery of decoy packages to the address in the UK after confiscating the real stuff and liasing with the Brittish police, then the recipient could have been nabbed as well.

And why would you want them nabbed? Do you actually think there's something wrong with smoking marijuana?

If there's nothing wrong with smoking marijuana, why don't you go smoke it in front of a police station.

I know a few potsmokers in the UK who are like wine-experts, they don't take other drugs at all except cannabis. A lot of them are now increasingly turning away from indoor-grown plants, and from brain-frying super-strains. Outdoor-grown plants from traditonally pot-growing regions are becoming more popular once again among some of the purists. "Under the sun, where plants belong" is a phrase I heard recently. I don't smoke though so idk.

My angle on all this is that I'm just 24/7 disgusted that police globally are ordered to use their working days to round-up naturally growing shrubs, when theres rapists and paedophiles etc.etc. running around free.

The strongest drugs are legal in bars, & even harder drugs are available in hospitals & in prescription drugs, stuff from the hospital is way stronger than anything you'll get on the streets. I've been on 'Depakine' for twenty years & that is legal & they even give it to kids, but it makes you walk in slow-motion like the Stay-Puft man in ghostbusters.

That looked like compressed brick weed, the harshest shittest tasting low grade crap. If you think 'purists' are turning to that dirt weed...lol

A lot of people went to a lot of trouble to provide a lot of product that a lot of people evidently want.

• Like 1

One of the concerns I have about moving to NE Thailand in a couple of years is that I don't drink , but I do occasionally like to smoke marijuana.I imagine that is a no no if you are a farang in Thailand-instant 'shakedown' potential? One would have to be very subtle. My wife told me you go 'into the bush' to smoke in Thailand, al fresco-and strangely enough I have seen in portrayed twice that way in Thai comedy/soapies- partaking of the herb with a long bamboo bong in the scrub..Any Isaan readers like to share experiences of NE Thai stoners? Thai stick was famous here in Australia in the 70s/early 80s, apparently originating in Khonkaen district? Production booming in the vietnam war years? True?

#29 said "anything that puts a dent in the profits of organised crime, and this is obviously the work of an international syndicate, is worth persuing"... well, if you really wanted to put a dent in organized crime then you would legalize it, because it's illegality is the only reason it's worth so much money. I'm surprised you couldn't figure that out.

And why would you want them nabbed? Do you actually think there's something wrong with smoking marijuana?

If there's nothing wrong with smoking marijuana, why don't you go smoke it in front of a police station.

I don't wanna ruin your day, but there are myriad examples throughout history of things that were illegal, but not morally wrong...and plenty of things that are legal, but could be considered morally wrong.

Example 1... if you are a muslim in some countries, for you, drinking alcohol is illegal, but most on this forum would say it isn't morally wrong.

Example 2...during the inquisition in Europe, practice of a pagan (non christian) religion was illegal but I'm sure Buddhists wouldn't say it was wrong.

Example 3...driving without a licence is illegal but not morally wrong.

Example 4...owning a bible has been (and may still be in some places) illegal, but it's not morally wrong.

Please try to think logically...no matter how much it hurts.

Edited by toooa

I don't wanna ruin your day, but there are myriad examples throughout history of things that were illegal, but not morally wrong...and plenty of things that are legal, but could be considered morally wrong.

Example 1... if you are a muslim in some countries, for you, drinking alcohol is illegal, but most on this forum would say it isn't morally wrong.

Example 2...during the inquisition in Europe, practice of a pagan (non christian) religion was illegal but I'm sure Buddhists wouldn't say it was wrong.

Example 3...driving without a licence is illegal but not morally wrong.

Example 4...owning a bible has been (and may still be in some places) illegal, but it's not morally wrong.

Please try to think logically...no matter how much it hurts.

Unfortunately for your argument, morals are not only very subjective, but also subject to change with time. Slavery, public executions, religious wars and opium smoking have all been morally acceptable at various times. In the future, damaging your lungs by inhaling toxic products of combustion way well be seen as reprehensible.

Hmm, why would you have that much stuff delivered to where you live? Hey just put it in the corner over there nobody will notice the smell.

And he had bank accounts? What the hell! If you're going to do something illegal you don't put the cash in the bank where the government can confiscate it, or question why a someone of limited means has 10 million baht in the bank.

Wasn't there a politician a few months back that had 5 or 10 million in cash stolen from his house and the robber said there was substantially more cash in the house then what he stole but the politician said nope the robber got all of it. That's how you do it if your going to do something shady. 5555

oh, great argument...