I Am Planning To Move To Nong Prue Area, Is It Safe?

radiola

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know you cannot legally own a house?

Yes you can, just not the land it is built on.

I am not going to be drawn into the whole house/land land/house company name, 30yr lease, Usufruct debate and I am certainly not going to be the one to try to explain it to the OP.

My advice still stands.

Edited by kevkev1888

Do you guys really think that the whole House / Land ownership fight will contribute anything towards the OP's plans ??

It will just end up in a Closed Thread because of bickering.

Remember he is trying to buy / rent a house, but has no idea if there is a BIG C or a market in the area.

RENT, if after a few years when you know your ass from your elbow about how things are in Thailand then buy, but by then you will know that it is in no way going to be an investment YOU will ever see a return from.

I think good advice,

OK to be fair you could change "in no way" to "very unlikely"

The thread has gone a bit silly but some of the advice is solid.

Beware of the street gangs, shootouts, robberies, assaults, burglaries, beatings, murder, crime, escaped crocodiles & snakes, flooding, water shortages, low water pressure & karaoke bars.

As one poster mentioned, it is better than Baghdad.

• Like 1

Heard of the expression you cant find gold in a toilet ,applies here .This guy is a real piece of work ,firstly he asks about razors to shave his balls then wants a serious answer to real estate ??? .I say to this guy go home get some help from either a shrink or you will end up screwed here .Remember an opinion is like an a==hole,everyone has 1 or maybe 2 if its a thai visa member .

• Like 1

Heard of the expression you cant find gold in a toilet ,applies here .This guy is a real piece of work ,firstly he asks about razors to shave his balls then wants a serious answer to real estate ??? .I say to this guy go home get some help from either a shrink or you will end up screwed here .Remember an opinion is like an a==hole,everyone has 1 or maybe 2 if its a thai visa member .

but you have to admit he "expertly" selected his avatar laugh.png

i am glad you remembered my post, it was a joke dude, trying to be funny

Edited by radiola

Flooding can happen after heavy rain, the heaviest rains, probably July - October.

Buy a house as an investment?????? You know you cannot legally own a house?

You sound far too green to be thinking of such a thing, DO NOT BUY ANYTHING!!!!!

RENT, if after a few years when you know your ass from your elbow about how things are in Thailand then buy, but by then you will know that it is in no way going to be an investment YOU will ever see a return from.

Extremely good advice here.

wow, flood? I never thought of that, when can that happen?

But the flood thing makes me vorried, when do these floods occur?

This must be a wind-up.

Is there anyone in Thailand over the age of 2 that doesnt know about flooding?

wow, flood? I never thought of that, when can that happen?

But the flood thing makes me vorried, when do these floods occur?

This must be a wind-up.

Is there anyone in Thailand over the age of 2 that doesnt know about flooding?

Only one - Radiola.

Not had any burglaries in the last couple of years here since I installed my minefield - perfectly safe.

thanks for comments, really helped,

but seriously, i will live in a house community, not really gated inside walls but security nearbye

so many falangs got beaten there and robbed?

Do you have experiecence

I will live 5 min from sukhumvit, near animal hospital and there is a temple nearbye too

Is that what your 1 mil budget got you then

All this bad stuff must be happening whislt i am a sleep, i have no high walls or fences, there are plenty of lotus express, 7/11, topps etc. its quite yet nothing is to far away, bars are way more entertaining than over the other side. For me its perfect, especialy pong area as the 7 express way has a junction right near here with the number 36 dual carriageway so Pattaya Klang is reachable in 15 minutes and arealativly safe route home at night, hopefully the motorbike rule will not be enforced.

As for the ownership bit i never understand why people buy here, i have house in UK rent it and, get a far better rented house here and quite a bit left over, and its mine 100% legal. if as i did when i left Samui its OK bye bye i am off. If i cant own something clear cut 100% i would never buy anything. People would not buy in home countries under the laws here so why do it.

All this bad stuff must be happening whislt i am a sleep, i have no high walls or fences, there are plenty of lotus express, 7/11, topps etc. its quite yet nothing is to far away, bars are way more entertaining than over the other side. For me its perfect, especialy pong area as the 7 express way has a junction right near here with the number 36 dual carriageway so Pattaya Klang is reachable in 15 minutes and arealativly safe route home at night, hopefully the motorbike rule will not be enforced.

As for the ownership bit i never understand why people buy here, i have house in UK rent it and, get a far better rented house here and quite a bit left over, and its mine 100% legal. if as i did when i left Samui its OK bye bye i am off. If i cant own something clear cut 100% i would never buy anything. People would not buy in home countries under the laws here so why do it.

But if you had sold your house in the UK 4 years ago the price was 25% more and with he 50% decline in Sterling also over the same period, you reallly made a boo boo not selling up and bringing your money over here

But if you had sold your house in the UK 4 years ago the price was 25% more and with he 50% decline in Sterling also over the same period, you reallly made a boo boo not selling up and bringing your money over here

So PattayaPhom... you a renter or a buyer?

Buyer...

I know more than a few people here who put x Million Baht into property and are now struggling to sell for half that.

Neither. He's an estate agent.

Hey ...where you been?...even estate agents need to live somewhere and buying for me makes sense...not all of us just crawl under a rock somewhere..

Edited by PattayaPhom
  • Like 1

I know more than a few people here who put x Million Baht into property and are now struggling to sell for half that.

Well...a property should be viewed as a home, not an investment or money maker..yes nice if the value goes up but then it is relative if you need to buy something else anyway...also probably the people ypu know didnt do their research, more than likely paid far too much for somewhere out in the boonies where all you can do is count the buffalos...Buy and build yourselfe in a good location and you will never go wrong.

Take no notice of some of the silly advice being given, we moved here some years back after stints in Afghanistan and Baghdad and find it to be quite peaceful at times.

You just have to have the right attitude to live in Nong Prue and it is off course helpful if you have a back ground in "security" related services and be weapon proficient with a current permit. Bullet proof vehicles really are just not necessary, though some would disagree......

Good luck smile.png

Yes,pretty safe,no iud's yet.

Not had any burglaries in the last couple of years here since I installed my minefield - perfectly safe.

thanks for comments, really helped,

but seriously, i will live in a house community, not really gated inside walls but security nearbye

so many falangs got beaten there and robbed?

Do you have experiece

I will live 5 min from sukhumvit, near animal hospital and there is a temple nearbye too

You should have explained yourself better in your opening statement Radiola,an animal hospital and a temple nearby as you state. You will be perfectly safe there,almost akin to a invisible force field with added protection of a AK 47

You have to go outside into Thailand",sometime".

Radiola - Plenty of jokers on this thread, but you did invite them by not being more specific in your OP. Nongprue is a massive area. Some parts of Nongprue will have high crime rates, others will be virtually crime-free.

I would suggest that you take things slowly.

Visit the area at different times of day to get a 'feel' for general atmosphere of the place.

Rent, for at least a couple of months.

Crime is not the only consideration when choosing a home. If you don't do your homework you could be plagued with noise (calls to prayer, karaoke, etc.), disgusting smells (sewage, chicken farms, abattoir, etc.).

Good luck.

Radiola - Plenty of jokers on this thread, but you did invite them by not being more specific in your OP. Nongprue is a massive area. Some parts of Nongprue will have high crime rates, others will be virtually crime-free.

I would suggest that you take things slowly.

Visit the area at different times of day to get a 'feel' for general atmosphere of the place.

Rent, for at least a couple of months.

Crime is not the only consideration when choosing a home. If you don't do your homework you could be plagued with noise (calls to prayer, karaoke, etc.), disgusting smells (sewage, chicken farms, abattoir, etc.).

Good luck.

I am kind of in a hurry

so is anybody living there in this mooban, actually, the hard part is that I dont know what is true and what is not, so many people making fun out of this situation

By living there for 1 month, definaltey i will not see everything I guess.

I want to buy a house for like an investment, is it hard to rent it out for like 10000 per month?

It is close to sukhumvit, about 5 minutes with motorbike and the house is quiet, neighbours are farangs

just wanted to live there, if not good, I would rent it out to some poor chap that does not know anything about mafia in pattaya

House=investment=Pattaya,5555555.Best laugh all week and it's only Monday.I'm off to a wedding for more frivolity,at my expense no doubt.

there are winners and there are losers. only losers put x million Baht into an asset and then struggle to sell it.