I Am Planning To Move To Nong Prue Area, Is It Safe?

radiola

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you move to an area that you have never seen is my first comment. -and are you going to live in a "village" (walled housing community) with good security or into a house standing by itself in the countryside? Department stores and such is only 20 minutes away. I am sure a Seven Eleven would be nearby.

Save? If you want safety, stay away!

I moved recently to the "Nong Prue" area, because I am an adventurously guy.

Street gangs, shootouts, robbery, illegal street racings everywhere.

You can't go out after sunset, because of beeing assaulted.

The next 7/11 is near Sukhumvit, about 5 Km.

No Tesco, BigC, restaurants, markets, just nothing!

It's an undeveloped, "wild west area", so beware.

But I would suggest, swing your ass on a motorbike and have a closer look.

But be careful, you have been warned!!

wai.gif

Edited by vel_tins

wai.gif

wai.gif

A friend lives there and when we visit ,we take an armed guard!!

wai.gif

wai.gif

A friend lives there and when we visit ,we take an armed guard!!

Agreed; and in addition, the most popular sport of the local Thai lads in the area is taking swings at ting-tong ferengs cruising around the area on their motobikes so it's most definitely an area you would want to avoid.

Take no notice of some of the silly advice being given, we moved here some years back after stints in Afghanistan and Baghdad and find it to be quite peaceful at times.

You just have to have the right attitude to live in Nong Prue and it is off course helpful if you have a back ground in "security" related services and be weapon proficient with a current permit. Bullet proof vehicles really are just not necessary, though some would disagree......

Good luck smile.png

Edited by CGW

Not had any burglaries in the last couple of years here since I installed my minefield - perfectly safe.

thanks for comments, really helped,

but seriously, i will live in a house community, not really gated inside walls but security nearbye

so many falangs got beaten there and robbed?

Do you have experiece

I will live 5 min from sukhumvit, near animal hospital and there is a temple nearbye too

Not had any burglaries in the last couple of years here since I installed my minefield - perfectly safe.

but seriously, i will live in a house community, not really gated inside walls but security nearbye

Do you have experiece

I will live 5 min from sukhumvit, near animal hospital and there is a temple nearbye too

You should have explained yourself better in your opening statement Radiola,an animal hospital and a temple nearby as you state. You will be perfectly safe there,almost akin to a invisible force field with added protection of a AK 47

My friend lives there. His next door neighbor was murdered and later the house robbed.

near animal hospital in house community?

and where are those guys who claimed how the pattaya is super safe place, this is just crazy crime here

Edited by radiola

so there must be one street in pattaya where it is safe to live right, near beach rode is not safe, away from beach road is not safe too, duhhhhhhhh

There's nowhere safe in Pattaya. Stay away!

If it's "The Ninja" temple" you are close too, which I believe is close to the Animal rescue hospital you should be ok - if you pay protection off course! Personally I would be more frightened of any of the animals escaping as only confirmed rabies cases that have previously attacked are housed at this hospital..

Good Luck - you are going to need it! :(

I suppose if you ask silly questions you can except silly answers.

Pattaya IS Nongprue.

... and then you ask if there are any Tescos or Big-C's or markets in the area.

Edited by tropo

One of the 'idiots' raised the very valid point that Nongprue covers most of the Pattaya area. It really does depend on exactly where you mean. I have lived on the East side of the Sukhumvit Road for 7 years plus, on and off, and never had any problems. As we all know there are burglaries and robberies etc but no more than anywhere else. I wouldn't want to ride a motorbike out round the Mabprachan area at 2 in the morning as it's a bit exposed and quiet but I imagine many do just that every day live to tell the tale. Getting involved in trouble is largely a matter of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Take a little care wherever you live and you improve the odds in your favour drastically.

Do you have experiece

Should be perfect, especially if you are a light sleeper. By all means, sign that 10-year lease now!

If you are a basically a normal guy with the right attitude to Thailand and Thais, drive carefully and use common sense, you can live anywhere here without ever being involved in accidents, fights, murders, burglary etc. Maybe I have been lucky but in 45 years here I have seen no problem for myself or family. And I live in Nongprue.

Edited by petercool

If it's "The Ninja" temple" you are close too, which I believe is close to the Animal rescue hospital you should be ok - if you pay protection off course! Personally I would be more frightened of any of the animals escaping as only confirmed rabies cases that have previously attacked are housed at this hospital..

Good Luck - you are going to need it! sad.png

You are touching on a good point there that the Crocodile Farm pay good money to catch the ones that escape and it can be a lucrative income with the right training and equipment.

Be comforted in knowing the Pattaya Police are just moments away if you encounter problems.

Be comforted in knowing the Pattaya Police are just moments away if you encounter problems.

Reminds me of the time a few years back when I was thinking about installing some security for my house in Pong, not far from the local Pong market. I called a well known farang security company to come out and give me a quote. The price was outrageous, but the pièce de résistance was a quote to hook up my landline phones with the company's 24 hour emergency service in downtown Pattaya.

he expained to me that if therewas a break in, his emergency staff would be alerted and they would call the police.

'But the police won't do anything,' I protested, and they certainly won't bother to come all the way out to Pong.'

'Oh yes they will,' he reassured me, 'you see, we have many cops on our payroll and I can assure you that as soon as we call them,they will be on their way to your house'.

'But even if they come straight away, they will take at least 30 minutes to arrive - assuming they can find the house... By that time the thieves will be long gone, and I'll probably be dead'

Of course it was a load of old b..locks, and he knew it.