I Am Planning To Move To Nong Prue Area, Is It Safe?

radiola

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nong Prue is also known for big dangerous snakes. it if was not for my brave dogs that big Anaconda would have settled in my pond.

That would be from when they shut the snake show place down by the animal hospital and just let all the snakes go. I see they are building houses there now.

My friend lives there. His next door neighbor was murdered and later the house robbed.

his wife and daughters were sold into slavery.

No, the wife had him killed.

They owned allot of property and he wasn't going to die naturally soon enough.

Edited by pauljones

this thread is useless so many jokers making fun out of serious situation

sad

Radiola,

I'm sorry but you ask a question which deserves these kind of answers.

Let's break down your question:

Question : I Am Planning To Move To Nong Prue Area, Is It Safe?

Lets consider I Am planning to Move to:

I am planning, can mean that you have already been there, but in the OP you ask:

Does it have any markets, fresh markets, tesco, big c in the area?

So the question arises. Have you been to the area where you want to move to, or did you just search on the Internet for a House. First thing when I look for a house, is make a list what I want, and when I find a house I again make a list where everything is, is it close, is it far, is there a market etc etc, just Pros and Cons.

I check everything out before I commit myself, maybe you should do the same.

Now lets consider : Nong Prue Area

As one member clearly described, Pattaya is Nong Prue, Nong Prue is Pattaya.

Now lets consider: Is it safe ?

Nowhere in Pattaya is 100% safe, even very expensive estates have their problem with Crime / Burglaries.

Edited by MJCM

Looks like someone is trolling. If the OP ain't, then many subsequent posters are. Are we really expected to answer the first question about supermarkets and markets from someone who is PLANNING to move somewhere, without ever having seen the area he is talking about? Too many Changs with an addition of a prospective teerak, methinks

When I drive to my house located upper Soi Khao Noi I pass a sign that says "Welcome to NongPrue". I have lived here for a few years now and have never experienced any kind of violence (hear plenty of guns being let off though).

It is an easy drive to both Foodland and Makro (Bout ten minutes to get to either) or if the missus want's Thai style over we go to the Market on Plub Wan, there is also a few "Thai" markets on Khao Noi albeit a bit small, an alternative is the large one on Khao Talo either or are within a 5 minute drive, there is a new deli on Khao Noi that seems promising.

There is plenty of "after dark" action in the way of adult entertainment (infact plenty of daytime action as well if you so choose).

For me living here on the Darkside there is no need to head "Bright side" (outwith Foodland and Makro) unless Iam after computer stuff or clothes.

Edited by Spoonman

Legally most of Pattaya is Nongprue, but I suppose the OP means Nongprue village, near the Croc-farm? Yeah it's not a bad area, there's a fresh market, several 7/11, pharmacies seems to be mushrooming up everywhere this year, there's a Lotus express near (corner of SSCC and Nongprue road). I'll say it's as safe as anyplace on the dark side, but of course a lot depends on the village/moo-baht you're in.

this thread is useless so many jokers making fun out of serious situation

sad

Radiola,

I'm sorry but you ask a question which deserves these kind of answers.

Let's break down your question:

Question : I Am Planning To Move To Nong Prue Area, Is It Safe?

Lets consider I Am planning to Move to:

I am planning, can mean that you have already been there, but in the OP you ask:

Does it have any markets, fresh markets, tesco, big c in the area?

So the question arises. Have you been to the area where you want to move to, or did you just search on the Internet for a House. First thing when I look for a house, is make a list what I want, and when I find a house I again make a list where everything is, is it close, is it far, is there a market etc etc, just Pros and Cons.

I check everything out before I commit myself, maybe you should do the same.

Now lets consider : Nong Prue Area

As one member clearly described, Pattaya is Nong Prue, Nong Prue is Pattaya.

Now lets consider: Is it safe ?

Nowhere in Pattaya is 100% safe, even very expensive estates have their problem with Crime / Burglaries.

look i was looking to buy a house there, it is near the small animal hospital and i think there is a entrance to the temple there, you can come there from sukhumvit side across the big c, but little bit further towards bkk and you turn right.

Then you drive 5 minutes and you are there.

The location is ok, village seems peaceful too, but I have heard many houses got broken in.

why these peope dont install sound alarm or something to go of is somebody breaks in?

Is the police near or it will take 30 min so the arritve?

Are there really many people being robbed and killed in that area.

i am not sure where the croc farm is

The area is called BOON SAMPHAN,

there are many houses there, i havent asked around if it is safe though,

I am not used yet to be afraid being burglarized or killed

in my country, we never have experiences like that, you dont hear nothing weird, guns being shot etc.

also in bkk i felt very very safe....

i lived in la and people left their houses unlocked.......

and than that old guy mentions that he know a guy who was killed there

the crime rate here cant be compared to bangkok in any way

Radiola,

Just one warning / or advice

Please before you going to live somewhere try to look around and see what's around you.

Do try it for a couple of months (couple I mean 2-3 or 4 Months) and if you don't like it move away, but don't as another member suggested "sign a 10 year lease".

:wai:

Ok, I am just back from a very peaceful Bangkok trip, I have enjoyed it, far away from the Nong Prue's everyday trouble.

I don't live far away from the animal hospital, and I know the mooban, the OP is talking about.

Radiola seems to be a very brave person, if he really wants to move into this mooban.....

But, seriously..it seems to be a relatively quiet night tonight.

yeah ok, the gangstas are on Beachroad tonight, because of the festival, but....

My 3 pitbulls are only slightly fed, the electrical fence is ready, everything is locked, cameras on, Baseball hitter and some other "equipment" is near by me, so lets go for another peaceful night on the Nongprue darkside!

Nongprue folks, take care of yourself!

thumbsup.gif

so why are there many falangs living there; I wonder?

So their wives / g/f can send them to the animal hospital to be treated - cheaper than the normal hospital and that means more money in the future for the wife / g/f / sick buffalo.

Edited by pattayadingo
  • Like 1

Well, please don't joke about this animal hospital.

They are very competent and I can recommend them highly!!

I remember, recently when I had a slight stab wound (resulted from a confrontation with a street gang at the 7/11), they fixed it perfectly for small money.

A "real" hospital couldn't have done better, so thumbs up!

Edited by vel_tins

Do try it for a couple of months (couple I mean 2-3 or 4 Months) and if you don't like it move away, but don't as another member suggested "sign a 10 year lease".

wai.gif

He's way past that.... he's looking to buy.

Very safe with use of common sense, if you read the papers or listen to the radio, (does anyone) you will just read the hyped up rubbish they print to dramatize the so called news to sell the papers as they do all over the world,

Radiola - Plenty of jokers on this thread, but you did invite them by not being more specific in your OP. Nongprue is a massive area. Some parts of Nongprue will have high crime rates, others will be virtually crime-free.

I would suggest that you take things slowly.

Visit the area at different times of day to get a 'feel' for general atmosphere of the place.

Rent, for at least a couple of months.

Crime is not the only consideration when choosing a home. If you don't do your homework you could be plagued with noise (calls to prayer, karaoke, etc.), disgusting smells (sewage, chicken farms, abattoir, etc.).

Good luck.

Ok, I am just back from a very peaceful Bangkok trip, I have enjoyed it, far away from the Nong Prue's everyday trouble.

I don't live far away from the animal hospital, and I know the mooban, the OP is talking about.

Radiola seems to be a very brave person, if he really wants to move into this mooban.....

But, seriously..it seems to be a relatively quiet night tonight.

yeah ok, the gangstas are on Beachroad tonight, because of the festival, but....

My 3 pitbulls are only slightly fed, the electrical fence is ready, everything is locked, cameras on, Baseball hitter and some other "equipment" is near by me, so lets go for another peaceful night on the Nongprue darkside!

Nongprue folks, take care of yourself!

thumbsup.gif

the sad story is that you dont lie and that you are really missing some screws in your head obviously

Edited by radiola

Radiola - Plenty of jokers on this thread, but you did invite them by not being more specific in your OP. Nongprue is a massive area. Some parts of Nongprue will have high crime rates, others will be virtually crime-free.

Visit the area at different times of day to get a 'feel' for general atmosphere of the place.

Crime is not the only consideration when choosing a home. If you don't do your homework you could be plagued with noise (calls to prayer, karaoke, etc.), disgusting smells (sewage, chicken farms, abattoir, etc.).

Good luck.

Good luck.

I am kind of in a hurry

so is anybody living there in this mooban, actually, the hard part is that I dont know what is true and what is not, so many people making fun out of this situation

By living there for 1 month, definaltey i will not see everything I guess.

I want to buy a house for like an investment, is it hard to rent it out for like 10000 per month?

It is close to sukhumvit, about 5 minutes with motorbike and the house is quiet, neighbours are farangs

just wanted to live there, if not good, I would rent it out to some poor chap that does not know anything about mafia in pattaya

Edited by radiola

My friend lives there. His next door neighbor was murdered and later the house robbed.

his wife and daughters were sold into slavery.

No, the wife had him killed.

They owned allot of property and he wasn't going to die naturally soon enough.

did she sell the daughters into slavery?

look i was looking to buy a house there, it is near the small animal hospital and i think there is a entrance to the temple there, you can come there from sukhumvit side across the big c, but little bit further towards bkk and you turn right.

Then you drive 5 minutes and you are there.

The location is ok, village seems peaceful too, but I have heard many houses got broken in.

why these peope dont install sound alarm or something to go of is somebody breaks in?

Is the police near or it will take 30 min so the arritve?

Are there really many people being robbed and killed in that area.

i am not sure where the croc farm is

The area is called BOON SAMPHAN,

there are many houses there, i havent asked around if it is safe though,

Sounds like you got there by going up Soi Khao Talo.

There's a big 7-11 at the intersection of Soi Khao Talo and Soi Wat Boon Samphan (also known as Soi Khao Noi).

The temple you mention would probably be Wat Boon Samphan at the end of Soi Wat Boon Samphan.

There are several 7-11s in that area and a mini Tops supermarket, along with several mini Tesco Lotuses in the area.

There are several small villages in the area. Some are gated, some aren't. So it's hard to figure out what village you are talking about.

If you noticed, the area is hilly, so one of the drawbacks is that the homes on the lower side of the hill get flooded with about 60cm of water when it rains. You should be able to spot this by the condition of the Soi.

There are also several beer and karaoke bars around. On the Soi that I lived on a farang bought two houses and converted them into an illegal gambling den. So you might have to deal with the noise and traffic even though it seems peaceful during the day.

Some areas are safe (we never had to lock the doors) and some aren't. Some have woken up to find that their water meters had been stolen.

The area is serviced by the Banglamung Police. You would be lucky if they responded within an hour.

One time while driving up Soi Wat Boon Samphan late at night on my motorcycle, my mobile phone was snatched by two teenagers on a motorbike.

Some houses don't have water when there is a water shortage, some do. Depends on how high you are on the hill. I recall once of having no water for 2 months! Had to have water trucked in.

Houses rent at kinds of rates depending on location. I paid ฿15,000/mo for a fully furnished two bedroom house.

Some places get a breeze and are cool, some don't so it's an oven this time of year.

So overall, it's a mixed bag. Like they say location, location, location.

Edited by BB1950

wow, flood? I never thought of that, when can that happen?

There is a water tank installed, i need to go there and ask people around about the flooding.....

The are that I am talking about is near the entrance to the temple, just before the road turns left at the temple gate, you have to turn left near the hospital and drive like 200m inside.

There is security house there, but it is not gated. So I wonder what will happen. Also there are bars on windows and dors, but that might not help right?

So for renting it out it should be ok?

I need to go there and really ask around.

The area seems peaceful, I visited it 2 times and there were no noise whatsoever.......

my goal is to rent it for 1 year like 10000 per month, the house is around 80 sqm furnished.

But the flood thing makes me vorried, when do these floods occur?

Flooding can happen after heavy rain, the heaviest rains, probably July - October.

Buy a house as an investment?????? You know you cannot legally own a house?

You sound far too green to be thinking of such a thing, DO NOT BUY ANYTHING!!!!!

RENT, if after a few years when you know your ass from your elbow about how things are in Thailand then buy, but by then you will know that it is in no way going to be an investment YOU will ever see a return from.

Flooding can happen after heavy rain, the heaviest rains, probably July - October.

You sound far too green to be thinking of such a thing, DO NOT BUY ANYTHING!!!!!

RENT, if after a few years when you know your ass from your elbow about how things are in Thailand then buy, but by then you will know that it is in no way going to be an investment YOU will ever see a return from.

Since when?

Ok I am not going to be drawn into the whole house/land land/house company name, 30yr lease, Usufruct debate and I am certainly not going to be the one to try to explain it to the OP.

My advice still stands.

Edited by kevkev1888

Nong Prue is also known for big dangerous snakes. it if was not for my brave dogs that big Anaconda would have settled in my pond.

I also hear tell that during the recent floods many crocodiles escaped from croc farm and are now thriving in Mabprachan Lake. At least one valiant Thai fisherman power day perishes there, and recently a whole longboat full of training oarsmen disappeared without trace.

Then there are the giant lizards that occupy a vast swathe of land near Siam Country Club golf course, but most dangerous of all are the hairy, potbellied Neanderthals that stagger from one cheap Charlie bar to another, spreading fear and dread to all who dare cross their paths.

My advice to any budding farang home seeker is to give the entire Darkside a very wide berth, or you may live, (or not as the case may be), to regret it...

• Like 1

people who consider the roof of their heads to be an investment and expect a return have my sympathy. that applies especially to the ignorants who claim that foreigners cannot own a house.