Can Anyone Recommend A Reasonably Priced Lawyer In Pattaya

Asiacat

I need to have a lawyer witness my signing of two documents relating to my mother's estate and confirm it with the appropriate stamp.

This service would cost 7 pounds (B350) in the UK.

I went into one lawyer's office and was quoted a price of b2000 per document.

This seems terribly expensive for what after all is 10 minutes work at the most.

Has anyone had this service done cheaper and if so where?

i had a lawyer witness ''a swear on the holy bible statement'' for a deceased estate document and the signing

he charged 500 baht

Kuhn Vissan , attorneys house|? i think on left side of pattaya nua headed to sukhumvit

in the middle of the shophouses before tesco lotus

i had a lawyer witness ''a swear on the holy bible statement'' for a deceased estate document and the signing

he charged 500 baht

Kuhn Vissan , attorneys house|? i think on left side of pattaya nua headed to sukhumvit

He's the man but I thought his shop house is past Tesco Lotus heading away from the beach? It's just before The Balcony.

I'm told that Drew Noyes might be prepared to offer a discount at the moment.

On a more likely note, 500B is par for the course but do bear in mind that all these prices are negotiable. I had two documents witnessed and notarized by a lawyer at the beach end of Soi Post Office for 800B the pair. He wanted 1200B but I wasnt having that. Subsequently I talked a lawyer in Thappraya Rd down to 300B for certifying a copy (same thing as witnessing really). And I had 5 photocopies certified for free by my branch of TMB bank, though I appreciate that this isnt what you need.

Even so, lawyer's prices are a complete rip-off here so dont be afraid to negotiate hard and to walk out if they dont drop the price.

If you have your own transport, head out of town and the rates will drop sharply. Just like dentists and photocopies and everything else.

he charged 500 baht

He's the man but I thought his shop house is past Tesco Lotus heading away from the beach? It's just before The Balcony.

yes we are on the same page but he is definitely before Tesco lotus and the little soi where you get to the back entrance of the Balcony

Vissan speaks good english and is a nice guy too

Bargaining for few hundreds ?!

Certainly, when the asking price is clearly a rip-off. 500B is two days' wages for many people here. Any lawyer who thinks he is worth that for 5 minutes' work is dreaming and needs to be woken up.

Bargaining for few hundreds ?!

Certainly, when the asking price is clearly a rip-off. 500B is two days' wages for many people here. Any lawyer who thinks he is worth that for 5 minutes' work is dreaming and needs to be woken up.

Just for the sake of comparison, I had to have some documents notarized at the Australian Embassy last week for my Australian driver's license renewal. 1500 baht - but I had 3 separate pages and a photo notarized.

Just for the sake of comparison, I had to have some documents notarized at the Australian Embassy last week for my Australian driver's license renewal. 1500 baht - but I had 3 separate pages and a photo notarized.

As far as I know the British consulate charges 2500B per document. Not that I would even think about going to them for such a task as they are renowned for being a rip-off.

I was quoted 2000B or 2500B by an Indian lawyer near Tukcom for certifying a passport copy. Needless to say I didnt pursue that either.

I think 300B is reasonable and if a lawyer/notary wont do it at that price I would just keep looking until I found one that would.

As far as I know the British consulate charges 2500B per document. Not that I would even think about going to them for such a task as they are renowned for being a rip-off.

I was quoted 2000B or 2500B by an Indian lawyer near Tukcom for certifying a passport copy. Needless to say I didnt pursue that either.

I think 300B is reasonable and if a lawyer/notary wont do it at that price I would just keep looking until I found one that would.

apparently charges at the British consulate vary, they are dependent on the document required

as to looking around to try to find one at 300baht, its clear you do not put much value on your time

if i knew of a lawyer at 500 baht, i would not spend hours of my time, energy, depreciation of my vehicle, fuel and all the inherent frustrations in looking around and bargaining trying to save 200 baht

i value my time much more than that

as to looking around to try to find one at 300baht, its clear you do not put much value on your time

if i knew of a lawyer at 500 baht, i would not spend hours of my time, energy, depreciation of my vehicle, fuel and all the inherent frustrations in looking around and bargaining trying to save 200 baht

i value my time much more than that

Bully for you.

It's costs me nothing to call into a few lawyers' offices whilst I'm walking around town and it adds some entertainment to my daily exercise. I wouldn't go out of my way or incur any expense to do this though.

As I'm (mostly) retired I have plenty of free time, and strolling around town is a good way to spend some of it. Checking the prices of things is something I have always done since I was a child, and is probably one reason why I'm financially secure now.

Many people here seem to find nothing better to do than to sit in a bar drinking night and day, and I cant see myself doing that.