Kawasaki Mini Gp (Bonanza Circuit, Khao Yai)

karlos

******Guys, the event is on Sunday 6th May NOT the 5th.******

Kawasaki's dealership at Ramkhemheang so 146 will be heading off to Bonanza Circuit on Sunday 6th May 2012.

Kawasaki owners that are interested to join the trip and either watch or take part in the racing in this cracking circuit will be asked to meet outside Real Motorsport, Soi 146 Ramkhemheang before the departure time of 6:30am.

The ride there is fantastic and i'm going purely for the ride out there, there are some truly stunning roads heading up through the mountains and if i had some sticky rubber i would consider having a blast around the track, instead i'll be taking some photos.

It would be great to see other members from this forum tag along.

FAO Tony, If interested how will you take your ER up there, chuck a plate on and take it, i'm guessing it would be too much of a risk if it rains with your slicks smile.png

Edited by craigt3365
Changed Date

I'm taking my ER6n over to APShop tonight to have the tank fixed up and switch it back to my street bike, hopefully everything will be finished up this week and i'm in for a ride to Bonanza if i'm not working.

• Like 1

My 2012 Ninja 650 will be having it's 12,000km service this coming Wednesday, so she'll be fresh for the blast up there.

If i had intentions of joining in with the track events i'd change the rear tyre, as it's in no shape (literally) for a track attack but will do fine for another couple of thousand K's on the road :)

My 2012 Ninja 650 will be having it's 12,000km service this coming Wednesday, so she'll be fresh for the blast up there.

If i had intentions of joining in with the track events i'd change the rear tyre, as it's in no shape (literally) for a track attack but will do fine for another couple of thousand K's on the road smile.png

The MPC (korat club kawasaki go there regularly) i`ve never been, where is it exactly, i wouldn`t mind going to view as a spectator...or is it only kawasaki owners. i`ve owned two here but have moved on and up...

If i had intentions of joining in with the track events i'd change the rear tyre, as it's in no shape (literally) for a track attack but will do fine for another couple of thousand K's on the road smile.png

The MPC (korat club kawasaki go there regularly) i`ve never been, where is it exactly, i wouldn`t mind going to view as a spectator...or is it only kawasaki owners. i`ve owned two here but have moved on and up...

Anyone is allowed to come along, but the track is reserved for Kawasaki bikes only, normally KSR, Ninja 250 and the 650 machines, with a modified and stock class of each :)

Anyone is allowed to come along, but the track is reserved for Kawasaki bikes only, normally KSR, Ninja 250 and the 650 machines, with a modified and stock class of each smile.png

Might ride through for a look. i`ve been to Khoa Yai with mpc but not to the track , where is it in the park?

Khoa Yai for me is about 1hr 30 mins ride,,,regards

Edited by rizla

Anyone is allowed to come along, but the track is reserved for Kawasaki bikes only, normally KSR, Ninja 250 and the 650 machines, with a modified and stock class of each smile.png

Might ride through for a look. i`ve been to Khoa Yai with mpc but not to the track , where is it in the park?

Khoa Yai for me is about 1hr 30 mins ride,,,regards

Here's a link to directions from Bangkok, but that should get you close enough to be able to follow the signs

http://maps.google.c...&glp=1&t=m&z=10

Edited by newf

To find the track just look up Bonanza Resort on Google Maps

They're hardly pushing their race track at the moment, i couldn't find anything directly connected to their circuit when searching on Google with the key words "Bonanza Circuit Khao Yai"

I guess results would have been more plentiful if i had written in Thai :D

Edited by karlos

In two minds if i should change my rear tyre before this event.

It's good for another 1000-2000km in the center of the tread and will do me fine for the ride there and back.

However with 90% of the wear being in the middle of the tyre i'm concerned how it would handle at the track when leaning the bike over?

On the road i'm comfortable with the tyre in it's current conditions, however the last thing i want to take to the track would be a brand new tyre that has hardly been scrubbed in.

What are your thoughts??

New tyre but stay off the track?

Continue with the old tyre that's scrubbed in and have a half hearted blast around the track?

It's good for another 1000-2000km in the center of the tread and will do me fine for the ride there and back.

However with 90% of the wear being in the middle of the tyre i'm concerned how it would handle at the track when leaning the bike over?

On the road i'm comfortable with the tyre in it's current conditions, however the last thing i want to take to the track would be a brand new tyre that has hardly been scrubbed in.

What are your thoughts??

Continue with the old tyre that's scrubbed in and have a half hearted blast around the track?

Go with the old tyre on the track providing you don`t back it in to the corners too much it should pull up on the front ok, maybe push it a little before the track and see what you think, and drop the rear pressure down a few PSI.

• Like 1

What are your thoughts??

I say get new tires for the track day so you can actually get out and enjoy yourself. Riding on shagged tires is no fun.

Takes only a lap or two to scrub them in.

Pirelli Supercorsas are a fantastic road / track tire.

I'm thinking I might throw some on the Versys and ride that to the track this weekend since the ER6 is in no way road legal.

See you there!

Tony

I say get new tires for the track day so you can actually get out and enjoy yourself. Riding on shagged tires is no fun.

I'm thinking I might throw some on the Versys and ride that to the track this weekend since the ER6 is in no way road legal.

See you there!

Tony

Just keep a few hundred baht tea money in your pocket and you will be fine for the BIB on the ER6. ;)

What are your thoughts??

See you there!

Tony

Are you planning to race the Versys? I might see if they'll let me do a few laps in the morning practice session but no racing for me.

See you there!

Tony

Just keep a few hundred baht tea money in your pocket and you will be fine for the BIB on the ER6. wink.png

True, but it's wearing race slicks right now, and I'm assuming we're taking the road through Khao Yai National Park.

No problem if it's dry, but rain + slicks + elephant poop really don't mix well hit-the-fan.gif

Better to just take the Versys methinks smile.png

• Like 1

I might come as well ( as a spectator)

If i understand well the track is located at the Bonanza golf and country club?? ( next to the 2049)

At what time the track is open?? Is it nessesary to sign up somewhere?

I might come as well ( as a spectator)

If i understand well the track is located at the Bonanza golf and country club?? ( next to the 2049)

At what time the track is open?? Is it nessesary to sign up somewhere?

These Kawasaki events usually kick off around 10am, with registration open an hour or so before. Sometimes possible to pre-register at the dealerships. If coming as a spectator no need to register.

What are your thoughts??

See you there!

Tony

I'll only be replacing the tyre with another stock tyre until the front needs replacing. another 12,000km and the front and rear will need replacing together, then it's time for some Pirelli Supercorsas :)

I was supposed to go to a wedding with the mrs for one of her colleagues on 5th, but she just told me that the bride has asked me not to wear my kilt for some reason, so I'm thinking I may send the wife to the wedding and go to Bonanza for a run, then meet her later to watch the FA cup final. Think I may be in the doghouse for a week or so, but weddings are shit boring anyway, so worth it! :)

I was supposed to go to a wedding with the mrs for one of her colleagues on 5th, but she just told me that the bride has asked me not to wear my kilt for some reason, so I'm thinking I may send the wife to the wedding and go to Bonanza for a run, then meet her later to watch the FA cup final. Think I may be in the doghouse for a week or so, but weddings are shit boring anyway, so worth it! smile.png

Ummmm, will you wearing your Kilt at the track? If so keep your balls out of my mirrors! :D

I went to have my bike serviced today and was talking to the guy that misinformed me previously, he was confused between Saturday and Sunday.

I asked several others and they also confirmed SUNDAY 6th meeting outside the same place at the same time and arriving at Bonanza around 8:30.

Please excuse the google translate;

Hello Brothers Kawasaki.

Activity around me, then my Kawasaki MiniGP 2012 Course 2 of this year.

On May 6, 2555 at The Bonanza Khao Yai on me.

I invite you to join the Kawasaki all trips. To win a competitive edge in the field.

It does not cost anything like me then.

Well then it's a Kawasaki MiniGP of this year. Fierce competition with me for Kawasaki in this range.

Because of the many races that they are a single 650cc 250cc 110cc go for it. The car is small. I really satisfied.

The BRC's more, since it closed. We had to move the court to manage the competition at The Bonanza Khao Yai it.

It is a great opportunity. The rookie driver in the series. Will have to slog it out in big drops that I Ti๋gๆ course.

This information is based on me. What strikes me is that I have a train ride to me.

But the details are different. I like to have breakfast, lunch, drinking water, bitter at all, absolutely free. On the same schedule.

8:30 am Registration for the race.

- Select Lottery Games.

- Put the car into the inspection.

10:00 am at the race.

- Meeting / rules.

- The driving / driving directions.

- Training.

12:00 am Lunch.

12:50 am I to do before the race.

13.00 at the start of the Kawasaki MiniGP.

- Relay Pro - Stock (D-Tracker125).

- MiniGP - Stock (KSR).

- MiniGP - Modify (cool.png (KSR).

- Relay Novice - Stock (D-Tracker125).

- MiniGP - Modify (A) (KSR).

- Ninja250R - Modify (Ninja250R).

- Ninja250R - Stock (Ninja250R).

- D-Tracker - Modify (D-Tracker250).

- Kawasaki 650 (ER-6, Ninja650r, Versys).

16.30 for each match won.

Edited by karlos

FA cup final on the night before, so not sure if I will be alive at 06.00 on the Sunday. Will have to see what happens. If you see a black Harley come say hello.

Will do :)

I went to have my bike serviced today and was talking to the guy that misinformed me previously, he was confused between Saturday and Sunday.

I asked several others and they also confirmed SUNDAY 6th meeting outside the same place at the same time and arriving at Bonanza around 8:30.

Please excuse the google translate;

Hello Brothers Kawasaki.

Activity around me, then my Kawasaki MiniGP 2012 Course 2 of this year.

On May 6, 2555 at The Bonanza Khao Yai on me.

I invite you to join the Kawasaki all trips. To win a competitive edge in the field.

It does not cost anything like me then.

Well then it's a Kawasaki MiniGP of this year. Fierce competition with me for Kawasaki in this range.

Because of the many races that they are a single 650cc 250cc 110cc go for it. The car is small. I really satisfied.

The BRC's more, since it closed. We had to move the court to manage the competition at The Bonanza Khao Yai it.

It is a great opportunity. The rookie driver in the series. Will have to slog it out in big drops that I Ti๋gๆ course.

This information is based on me. What strikes me is that I have a train ride to me.

But the details are different. I like to have breakfast, lunch, drinking water, bitter at all, absolutely free. On the same schedule.

8:30 am Registration for the race.

- Select Lottery Games.

- Put the car into the inspection.

10:00 am at the race.

- Meeting / rules.

- The driving / driving directions.

- Training.

12:00 am Lunch.

12:50 am I to do before the race.

13.00 at the start of the Kawasaki MiniGP.

- Relay Pro - Stock (D-Tracker125).

- MiniGP - Stock (KSR).

- MiniGP - Modify (cool.png (KSR).

- Relay Novice - Stock (D-Tracker125).

- MiniGP - Modify (A) (KSR).

- Ninja250R - Modify (Ninja250R).

- Ninja250R - Stock (Ninja250R).

- D-Tracker - Modify (D-Tracker250).

- Kawasaki 650 (ER-6, Ninja650r, Versys).

16.30 for each match won.

Count me in (as a spectator) ( on the 6th) thanks for the PM.

Will arrive somewhere in the morning ( coming from the north east) driving a KLX 250

found some pics and it looks like a nice track.

See you guys there.

post-143096-0-66284500-1336100265_thumb.

post-143096-0-80364900-1336100293_thumb.

Yes, Bonanza Circuit is in a beautiful spot, surrounded by mountains and forest. It's still a work in progress but has great potential.

Here's a lap around the track-

They keep saying they're going to fix the access road, but last time I was there is was still in really rough shape-

I'm planning to go as a spectator but is it possible to just have a spin around the track before the festivities start? I'm still breaking in the Versys so don't want to push it.

I'm sure there will be laps where people can have a little spin around before the events begin. Many would never have ridden this track including myself, so i'm also hoping for some test laps :)