Thaksin Back In UK, Eyeing US

Lite Beer

As a Chelsea fan .... he really makes me want to cheer for Man U on Monday

Now we all know BB knows as much about football as his kid sister does about politics but I hope he knows enough not to wear a red shirt amongst the City fans on Monday night!

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wonderful headline editing there.

Thaksin back in UK, eyeing US
"He will travel more frequently between London and Dubai. He feels comfortable while in England. He has a house in London and the city is a centre of the world's news and information. He is likely to travel more often to England but he will mainly live in Dubai, where people can meet him more conveniently," he said.
Asked if Thaksin had a plan to travel to the US, Noppadon said there was no clear plan. "But in the future, it is possible. He wants to go to every place that he used to go. After a positive political change, he wants to meet Thai people there," he said.

"Oh will he go? Uh, maybe, I dunno - I guess he'd consider it."

Stupid writing like this is why I've been told from time to time by yellow shirt types that Thaksin is hiding in the US who want to know why I and my government support him. Imagine how much more ridiculous the Thai Rath and Manager headlines are. THAKSIN TAKES REFUGE IN US, GUEST OF OBAMA.

Edited by emilyb

IF u or I applied for a UK or USA visa with a 2year sentence on my head from any country - AND being on the run - would we get the visa approved ?

NO F...G WAY ... what a rort this world is ... the English & yanks should be ashamed of themselves

IF u or I applied for a UK or USA visa with a 2year sentence on my head from any country - AND being on the run - would we get the visa approved ?

NO F...G WAY ... what a rort this world is ... the English & yanks should be ashamed of themselves

Not comparable because we are not politicians. There are lots of cases of people in politics being convicted whilst they are out of the country and the whiff of it all being balls for political purposes is enough for them to go where they like. Besides, plenty of people get into all sorts of countries on the basis that they are facing political oppression in their home land, even with convictions. He is no different rightly or wrongly.

Edited by Pseudolus

when was it proved that the charges & conviction was politically motivated ?

Just because Square head said so ?

Just because the his sister got voted into office ?

The thai courts still have him as a convicted crim on the run ...

• Like 1

when was it proved that the charges & conviction was politically motivated ?

Just because Square head said so ?

Just because the his sister got voted into office ?

The thai courts still have him as a convicted crim on the run ...

Doesn't have to be proven does it.

Besides, the Wikileaks from that knob US ambassador admitted it was all a load of balls to oust him and keep him out, and even he hated Thaksin.

The question is does Thaksin have his diplomatic passport back? It does not matter who you are or how much cash you have, a Thai still needs to jump through certain hoops to get their visa from the embassy. Me thinks he has just swanned in on a diplomatic passport. Now who gave him that??

On the whole I couldn't care less what he does but there is one part of this story that makes me mad;

"He has a house in London"

Prick. He and his ilk do so much to try and stop farangs owning a house in Thailand. I would assume all the politicians own houses outside of Thailand. A-holes.

Did you expect anything other than hypocracy,from this meglomaniac? on a scale of 1 to 10 this doesn't rate a one.

oh sure, so IF i was a politician all good then eh ... sure

Apparently it is. As I said, I am not saying it is right or wrong. Mandela was a convict after all.

why doesn't it have to be proven ?

Because when you are convicted by a crack pot 3rd world country where there is no real judiciary, no way of proving anything, it might not actually be a fair conviction and other countries take account of this.

<deleted> does wikileaks have to with it ?

Well, they leaked the confidential report from the US ambassador where he said that Thaksins trial was politically motivated, so in this regard, everything.

He has no chance of ever entering the USA. They know who he is.

Perhaps. But denying him entry would be a diplomatic statement considering the reality of who is the PM of Thailand at the moment. That's why I say if he does enter the U.S. he might as well book a direct flight to Thailand. Edited by Jingthing

He will go there, and be welcomed with open arms. The US is consumed with greed and the prospect of welcoming his ill gotten gains will have the lobbyists in a feeding frenzy.

He will go there, and be welcomed with open arms. The US is consumed with greed and the prospect of welcoming his ill gotten gains will have the lobbyists in a feeding frenzy.

My guess is that the U.S. government will discreetly send him a signal NOT to come until he has "worked out" his legal problems in Thailand. We'll see. As usual, he is testing the waters.

Perhaps. But denying him entry would be a diplomatic statement considering the reality of who is the PM of Thailand at the moment. That's why I say if he does enter the U.S. he might as well book a direct flight to Thailand.

Knowing how corrupt the current government in the US (my home country) is I don't think they would bat an eye. Obama might even bow to him like he does to leaders of other governments.

Not comparable because we are not politicians. There are lots of cases of people in politics being convicted whilst they are out of the country and the whiff of it all being balls for political purposes is enough for them to go where they like. Besides, plenty of people get into all sorts of countries on the basis that they are facing political oppression in their home land, even with convictions. He is no different rightly or wrongly.

The concept that Thaksin is facing political oppression from the Thai government with his sister as PM and deferring to him is just silly.

What would you cal it, self-abuse?

Sorry, maybe it`s in the 4 pages writtern so far and I simply havn`t seen it but why has he not returned until now??

Why now that his sister is in power? Maybe he wasn`t allowed to enter while Thailand was being run by the previous government because the UK government were worried he would claim political asylum or something like that...

Posted A minute ago

The question is does Thaksin have his diplomatic passport back? It does not matter who you are or how much cash you have, a Thai still needs to jump through certain hoops to get their visa from the embassy. Me thinks he has just swanned in on a diplomatic passport. Now who gave him that??

I was just thinking the same

Perhaps. But denying him entry would be a diplomatic statement considering the reality of who is the PM of Thailand at the moment. That's why I say if he does enter the U.S. he might as well book a direct flight to Thailand.

Knowing how corrupt the current government in the US (my home country) is I don't think they would bat an eye. Obama might even bow to him like he does to leaders of other governments.

Obama will NOT meet Thaksin with his current legal status. You can bank on that.

The concept that Thaksin is facing political oppression from the Thai government with his sister as PM and deferring to him is just silly.

It's silly not to realise that the political oppression that he believes happened to him was way before hottie Yingluck was even told to break out her twin set suits and start to cry on cue. I'm not defending him; I couldn't give a toss about him or any of them. We, as farangs living here, can bitch and whine about it all we like but it makes no difference. None at all. So what's the point? The only impact farang Thaksin lovers / haters will actually have on their own lives is how they are treated by Thais depending upon their views. And their views don't really matter unless they are part of the elite. And even then their views are clearly for sale.

Obama will NOT meet Thaksin with his current legal status. You can bank on that.

Thaksin calls up Mr O; says "heh, you know that seat you had trouble with last time, well I am thinking about starting a business there employing 20,000 people. Would you care to meet up and have a chat about it?"

Obama would felate him if he thought it would win him votes. All US politicians would.

Sorry, maybe it`s in the 4 pages writtern so far and I simply havn`t seen it but why has he not returned until now??

Why now that his sister is in power? Maybe he wasn`t allowed to enter while Thailand was being run by the previous government because the UK government were worried he would claim political asylum or something like that...

He didn't have a Thai government passport until his sister gave him one.

So previously he would have had to apply for a visa to visit the UK which might possibly have been refused.

Those holding a Thai Government Passport can visit any country in the west without a visa.

Note: The Thai government passport is not a diplomatic passport, but it's also not the passport normal Thais receive.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Living in Soho for 10 years and buying Freehold, Westminster of all places, Then later selling I found although much was as you say leasehold a vast amount like mine was freehold. If you buy leasehold, who cares you are well and truly GONE before it expires. But before that anyone can sell leasehold if there are above 40 years left on the lease. However Thaksin got his property, is not for me to speculate, BUT looks like money is talkng. Who wants to buy a silly 25 years lease here. All posters are really wanting is a 40 meter x 40 meter or even less to build a house on, thus having no one kick you out. (90% of the time it will go to your Thai partner or the state) so why the hell are Thai authorities so pigged off with us ????? In most cases they don't deserve visitors here.

More to the point they don't deserve the money we spend,and the housing stock improved for them by Farang fortunes.

Thaksin calls up Mr O; says "heh, you know that seat you had trouble with last time, well I am thinking about starting a business there employing 20,000 people. Would you care to meet up and have a chat about it?"

Obama would felate him if he thought it would win him votes. All US politicians would.

You're tripping. No Chance!

It's silly not to realise that the political oppression that he believes happened to him was way before hottie Yingluck was even told to break out her twin set suits and start to cry on cue. I'm not defending him; I couldn't give a toss about him or any of them. We, as farangs living here, can bitch and whine about it all we like but it makes no difference. None at all. So what's the point? The only impact farang Thaksin lovers / haters will actually have on their own lives is how they are treated by Thais depending upon their views. And their views don't really matter unless they are part of the elite. And even then their views are clearly for sale.

what a lot of dribble ...pffft ... it's like talking to a brick wall

You're tripping. No Chance!

Do you seriously believe that an American politician is not for sale? Seriously?