Letter Of Residency At Immigration

YoungBrit

I am buying a bike and need to get proof of residency at immigration. My question do I have to go through the normal ticket and queing system or is it a seperate quicker procedure?

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

YoungBrit

Proof of residency at immigration……..Am I missing something? I thought you get that from your embassy or consulate.

Tell me more.

Most folks obtain that paper from Immigration. It's free compared with a large fee if you get from your home country embassy. Yes I know, Immigration will 'demand' 500 baht. But I just tell them there is no charge and walk away (with the paper). I don't make any friends with immigration rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

Proof of residency at immigration……..Am I missing something? I thought you get that from your embassy or consulate.

Tell me more.

Most folks obtain that paper from Immigration. It's free compared with a large fee if you get from your home country embassy. Yes I know, Immigration will 'demand' 500 baht. But I just tell them there is no charge and walk away (with the paper). I don't make any friends with immigration rolleyes.gif

Well, 'I live and learn' thumbsup.gif

Tell me more.

I bet there's not many that have the balls to do that...good on you!!

I in fact do pay, though I feel bad about it. I guess I know how vindictive they can be.

Tell me more.

I bet there's not many that have the balls to do that...good on you!!

I in fact do pay, though I feel bad about it. I guess I know how vindictive they can be.

If you have your own home just get yourself a Yellow Book sorted at the Amphur and you won't need to keep getting ripped off for 500 Baht. You'd be surprised how useful it can be.

If you have your own home just get yourself a Yellow Book sorted at the Amphur and you won't need to keep getting ripped off for 500 Baht. You'd be surprised how useful it can be.

Also if you have a Work permit then that's accepted at the Vehicle License Office.

Tell me more.

I guess they experienced you already at the Pattaya immigrations as they ask for the fee upfront,doesn't really make sense to walk away in that case.

Thanks for all the help and replies. Using the information supplied here I went and did this today. I had to give the paperwork stated above aswell as 2 photos and 2 copies of passport, visa, departure card and stamp copies. I also waited a while and paid the 500baht.

Thanks again for all the info and help, much appreciated.

YoungBrit

I have received 2 letters of residency from cm immigration in the past. The first time I waited about an hour for it. The second time I had to come back the next day. Nice to hear they are processing them much faster now.

Both times I was on non-o visas. Has anyone had success with a tourist visa?

I have received 2 letters of residency from cm immigration in the past. The first time I waited about an hour for it. The second time I had to come back the next day. Nice to hear they are processing them much faster now.

Both times I was on non-o visas. Has anyone had success with a tourist visa?

I got mine on a tourist visa and my drivers licenses (car and motorbike) the same day, which is why I got the letter of residency in the fist place. I just moved so I guess I'll have to do everything all over again...

Did somebody say faster now? Got there today and handed in my paperwork right at 1pm. Said it would be ready at 2pm so I left and came back at 2pm. Place wasn't that crowded so thought I wouldn't have to wait long.. Sure.. A few minutes before 3pm they called my name. Two hours and 500 baht for a form that used to take 10 minutes and cost nothing. Real progress.

• Like 1

Must have just missed you....

Got there before lunch yesterday and picked up res paper about 2-00pm

Had to get a new 5 year driving License but was too late for the "session"at the DLC so went back this morning and did the tests...red-green-yellow,then the break stop and finally had an hour watching the video in accord with the Driving act 1979.....

Finally paid,got photographed and now have a nice new 5 year jobby which actually lasts for just under 6 years(expires 2018)...legal again....where did that last 5 years go...

Great. So now when I renew my license tomorrow I get to do an extra test that wasn't required 5 years ago PLUS I get to sit through a dam_n one hour video. Can't wait.

Only reason I'm renewing my license is to make sure my auto insurance stays in force the next few months before I get out of this country once and for all. Finally something I can look forward to.

Great. So now when I renew my license tomorrow I get to do an extra test that wasn't required 5 years ago PLUS I get to sit through a dam_n one hour video. Can't wait.

Only reason I'm renewing my license is to make sure my auto insurance stays in force the next few months before I get out of this country once and for all. Finally something I can look forward to.

Sometimes they make you watch the video and sometimes they don't. Depends how busy they are.