Brit Billionaire's Son Vanishes On Samui – Reward Offered

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope they find the poor boy so he can get his meds... sounds like Miss Sulawang Talungpet age 24 has got herself a good catch indeed. why do so many successful men from western countries come to LOS and marry a homely, black Isaan farm girl or fishermans daughter anyway? clearly this is the case here.

probably wasn't so clever to announce the financial situation of the father! i hope in the end everything will be o.k. sounds like father isn't so clever.

There is seriously something wrong with this story. A UK billionaire? Not many of them around, even less with the name Thompson A google search of the name and Ballymena will come up with an interesting article from a couple of years ago about a guy of the same age and a missing bike and some illegal substances.

Sounds to me that the missing bike is the major interest here.

Maybe I am wrong. But "billionaire son in need of help .... reward ... etc" well, what kind of attention is that going to attract?

Hope the lad is safe and well.

Published on Thursday 13 August 2009 15:09

A BALLYMENA man has appeared in court on drugs and motoring offences.

Marcus Robert Thompson (20), of Larne Road, is accused of taking a vehicle without authority, no insurance and no driving licence on April 15.

He is further accused on April 16 of possessing cocaine and cultivating a cannabis plant.

Thompson’s case was adjourned until September 10, when he appeared at Ballymena Magistrates Court.

Interesting - so a Marcus same full name, same age from same suburb of birth stole a motorcycle (as reported in the local paper - it would have been big news if he was a "somebody's"son and also mentioned in the article.

Now a lady who owns a car(motor bike??????) hire business- who take your passport when you hire one is reporting a reward from her "fiancé" who is a billionaire, yet she doesn't have an expensive engagement ring and the Dad hasn't come forward to say anything and there isn't anything in the English or other press about it and he isnt known. Is she trying to get her bike back?

That article was published on Thursday 13 August 2009 15:09 here:

http://www.ballymenatimes.com/news/local/man_accused_of_taking_vehicle_1_1914021

• Like 1

There is seriously something wrong with this story. A UK billionaire? Not many of them around, even less with the name Thompson A google search of the name and Ballymena will come up with an interesting article from a couple of years ago about a guy of the same age and a missing bike and some illegal substances.

Maybe I am wrong. But "billionaire son in need of help .... reward ... etc" well, what kind of attention is that going to attract?

Marcus Robert Thompson (20), of Larne Road, is accused of taking a vehicle without authority, no insurance and no driving licence on April 15.

He is further accused on April 16 of possessing cocaine and cultivating a cannabis plant.

Thompson’s case was adjourned until September 10, when he appeared at Ballymena Magistrates Court.

Interesting - so a Marcus same full name, same age from same suburb of birth stole a motorcycle (as reported in the local paper - it would have been big news if he was a "somebody's"son and also mentioned in the article.

Now a lady who owns a car(motor bike??????) hire business- who take your passport when you hire one is reporting a reward from her "fiancé" who is a billionaire, yet she doesn't have an expensive engagement ring and the Dad hasn't come forward to say anything and there isn't anything in the English or other press about it and he isnt known. Is she trying to get her bike back?

Nice work, Sherlock.

The Thompsons are a large, protestant, northern Irish family covering the spectrum of wealth and occupations. Seems like our Marcus, living on Larne Rd, Ballymena is not from the wealthier element.

Ballymena is a small country town 20 miles NW of Belfast.

• Like 2

I have Epilepsy, although not inaccurate it's the first time I've seen a reporter insensitive enough to call it a brain disorder. For the record we're perfectly sane individuals.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

It's not insensitivity - it's utter lack of education.

Remember this is a race of people who think fresh juice comes out of a newly-opened can and who put sticking plasters on their faces when they have toothache.

R

Epilepsy can be termed a brain disorder. "Brain disorder" does not infer an IQ or cognitive problem.

i hope they find the poor boy so he can get his meds... sounds like Miss Sulawang Talungpet age 24 has got herself a good catch indeed. why do so many successful men from western countries come to LOS and marry a homely, black Isaan farm girl or fishermans daughter anyway? clearly this is the case here.

probably wasn't so clever to announce the financial situation of the father! i hope in the end everything will be o.k. sounds like father isn't so clever.

Re; marrying a homely black issan girl

Because a black woman with Michelle Obama's resume (or any skin color woman for that matter) likely would not marry a high % of male expats/ tourists seen in Thailand

• Like 1

This case has all the hallmarks of a love smitten farang who has met a much younger Thai girl, set her up in business, status and wealth and has now become ripe for extortion.

I would guess that there is a lot of behind the scenes negotiations going on and that now this has turned into a sort of gold rush whereas the assets of the guy’s father and girl`s so-called future intended are the prize.

I can only hope that the son, who appears to have become a pawn in all this, is well and unharmed

• Like 1

OK.. so its a fake article. The boy is a druggy from northern ireland who stole a bike in Ireland and then in Thailand???? Not a billionairres son. He hasnt gone to malaysia as shes got his passport. Anyway. Its not a Billionairres son, and its clear he hasnt gone to Malaysia and the woman clearly has his passport otherwise why would she have a picture of herself holding it? Bike thief took bike and disappeared. Could be anywhere... new passport and back in the UK possibly who knows. Anyway the report is obviously fake so this thread should be deleted and someone tell pattaya mail its fake

Edited by BuffaloRescue

getting married to a 'Samui-girl".....his troubles are only just beginning!

Can you please explain your remark. here on this board there are various members married to local Samui girls and I'm sure they're very interested what their troubles can or may be. Please enlighten me

• Like 2

i know lots of weahlty people not billionairs but still high end millionairs but no one lets a billionairs kid unprotected , i dont buy into this kinds of storys. especially if the son has a brain dysfunction , its just another sensation hype

Can you please explain your remark. here on this board there are various members married to local Samui girls and I'm sure they're very interested what their troubles can or may be. Please enlighten me

learn to take a joke m8 !!!!biggrin.png we all know what he means with it most of us are married to thais tongue.pngtongue.pngtongue.png

• Like 2

Hang on... if you are awating a court case for drug possession.. are you allowed to leave the country? How did he get to Thailand.