Brit Billionaire's Son Vanishes On Samui – Reward Offered

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please keep this going.I have never laughed so much in my life. When I saw the photo of the House, well I almost fell off the chair. Good story.

Haha.. i suggested they close the thread.. but dont! Its an amazing story. Also funny how things can sometimes unravel themselves on Thaivisa!

"Miss Sulawan Talungpet, age 24, the owner of a clothing store and a large car rental company on Koh Samui contacted the Daily News journalist in Koh Samui regarding her missing future stepson."

The overall situation seems a bit odd. The girl in the photograph looks pleasant enough but doesn't look like some one who would normally own a fleet of rental cars and a clothes shop in Thailand. She doesn't have a lot of poise for a business owner and looks like she has been pushed into holding up the passport by a photographer from a low grade Pattaya news publication. She looks more like the type of naive, uneducated Thai girl that a common or garden British tourist or retiree might pick up from a bar at a beach resort. So why would an ultra high net worth billionaire waste time on some one like that and finance a business empire for her when his ultra billions would give him access to all kinds of educated, beautiful women of different nationalities who also would be willing to help him spend his cash without making him feel embarrassed in polite society with her pijjin English and requests for Mama noodles at a posh London dinner party. Something doesn't quite add up.

You havent read the whole thread here. Its a fake. The boys a motorbike theif from ireland on trial there. Hes stolen a bike in Thailand. The storys just fake.. for one reason or another.

Hi everyone i am the father of marcus I would just like to say that this story your are all reading has been blown out of the water for one thing I'm not a billionaire (I wish) I work for a painting firm in London also Marcus returned home on the 28 th safe and well why have Thia visa put this billionaire story up well maybe to get a reaction I have signed up to this forum just to set the record straight thanks for all your concerns and thoughts ( very interesting )

Thanks, like your nick.

• Like 2

British Embassy - usually unable to "intervene" in cases where British people are in trouble... very strange policies they have at the British Embassy.

That is right. Their function is to try to promote trade and tourism through porkless, alcohol-free receptions at the embassy, while keeping Thais out of Britain and ignoring the low class feckless British oiks who deliberately have heart attacks without medical insurance, get banged up by corrupt Thai police who planted drugs on them and have all their money stolen by ladyboys they fell in love with thinking they were female. The UK government sold half of its land plot on Wireless Road due to "security concerns". It is far safer to be overlooked by a giant retail, residence and hotel complex with leaky security and open multistorey car parks on the embassy side than to control the land yourself and keep it low rise. For good measure they moved all the embassy families into the compound and made them easy targets to guarantee maximum points achievable by terrorists when they choose to fire rockets from car park of the new tall buiding next door.

HAHAHAHA they cant even issue a passport in less than 6 weeks.

Edited by BuffaloRescue

Hi everyone i am the father of marcus I would just like to say that this story your are all reading has been blown out of the water for one thing I'm not a billionaire (I wish) I work for a painting firm in London also Marcus returned home on the 28 th safe and well why have Thia visa put this billionaire story up well maybe to get a reaction I have signed up to this forum just to set the record straight thanks for all your concerns and thoughts ( very interesting )

Thanks, like your nick.

Yeah nice sense of humour. A happy ending for everyone! Oh and a few laughs along the way....biggrin.png

So, are you marrying her? ermm.gif

• Like 1

It was published in a Pattaya newspaper (i think?). If you are who you say you are... what is the real story please?

Edited by BuffaloRescue

learn to take a joke m8 !!!!biggrin.png we all know what he means with it most of us are married to thais tongue.pngtongue.pngtongue.png

Sorry, I don't think this is funny.

I think its hilarious but then I'm married to a Thai Chinese White Skinned dek thep ex super model 20 years my junior who against all odds loves me and my deficiencies

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Must be your fresh, young clean good looks and your boyish sense of humour. Agree, we all know what the joke meant crying.gif

Marcus is on medication at the moment he went through a though 2 years but he is on the road to recovery my girlfriend owns a small motorbike rental and a t- shirt shop on the island Marcus took one of her bikes and left the island he said he just wanted to get away for a few days and so he jumped on the ferry to the mainland it's true he had no money but he did have a bank card he did the normal thing that most of us do when we first see Thailand bars girls well you all know how it is ! But to be fair to my girlfriend she did more than enough to help get him back Marcus will be on a plane back to Ireland on Friday as planned thanks for all your comments again it's been a laugh also I agree the larne road is a shit hole !

• Like 2

So, are you marrying her? ermm.gif

• Like 1

learn to take a joke m8 !!!!biggrin.png we all know what he means with it most of us are married to thais tongue.pngtongue.pngtongue.png

Sorry, I don't think this is funny.

I think its hilarious but then I'm married to a Thai Chinese White Skinned dek thep ex super model 20 years my junior who against all odds loves me and my deficiencies

Must be your fresh, young clean good looks and your boyish sense of humour. Agree, we all know what the joke meant crying.gif

Cough yeah cough exactly that :ph34r:

Good to get closure and follow up on a TV story. Cheers for that notrich

British Embassy - usually unable to "intervene" in cases where British people are in trouble... very strange policies they have at the British Embassy.

Kinda bad journalism saying billionaire father. I see noreference to that amount of money he had other than "

Mr. Thomson is a ultra-high-net worth computer businessman from the UK"

$101,000,000 could be considered ultra-high-net worth.

A simple reward offered would have sufficed.

But what the heck it is a newspaper and money is all that counts people's lives don't figure into their thinking.

Yes getting married for the money side of it well her family are well off her dad is French so she speaks French also English not bad for a common thai girl her father moved out to Koh Samui 25 years ago after selling his fleet of 120 quarry lorries to a large based French mining group then he started buying land so the family are ok like I said on my last post she has a shop and motor bike rental which is all hers cheers lads

• Like 1

Yes getting married for the money side of it well her family are well off her dad is French so she speaks French also English not bad for a common thai girl her father moved out to Koh Samui 25 years ago after selling his fleet of 120 quarry lorries to a large based French mining group then he started buying land so the family are ok like I said on my last post she has a shop and motor bike rental which is all hers cheers lads

On a slightly more serious note you might consider getting Marcus a new passport now that his details have been plastered all over TV.

shouldnt this thread be closed down , and a lesson learnt that Thai Journalism is a joke as well as the article?

No,no,no,no,no ........ think of the publicity! All those billionaires in the UK will be flocking out here to meet the girl of their dreams!!

Or at least to rent a car.laugh.png

now he is in a danger of not only being lost somewhere, but also kidnapping by some gangs, trying to make not 10k baht, but 100mln gbp.

with him, needing daily medication, he should be reported missing as soon as he was discovered missing, so sometimes on or after 23.4.

ps marcus has not vanished on samui, but somewhere else in thailand

My point exactly, why wait one whole week with this outcry?

Secondly, why mention that his father is a billionaire?

Last, if he's sane enough to drive a motorbike, why didn't he carry a cell phone and ATM card?

Baht billionaire at best.

But still that's more than enough to cause a sizable ransom demand.

If papa was blowing smoke up his lady friends tush about his cash reserves,

but she turns around and alerts the wrong people to a possible cash cow running loose, she may well have caused a real kidnapping to take place, not a pissed off 20 something on a joy ride. And THAT could cause demands that can not be met in reality.

Epilepsy is a brain dysfunction, but not a mental illness, as in a brain that doesn't process.

As noted by the poster above, this is wildly insensitive reporting. TIT, par for the course.

Epileptics when properly medicated can safely drive, and do most all normal functions, except in the very worst of cases. The medicine is available in most all pharmacies.

I somehow doubt the kid only had 200 baht,

he may will have grabbed a stack as he left and no one noticed.

He also may well have been pissed off watching Dad with a girl

more suitable to be his than dads squeeze.

Paragraph 1 - This happened in Mexico more or less. A guy that was trying to be a big shot and climb the social ladder in Mexico City was on the fast track of conspicuous consumption and was mortgaged to the hilt. Banditos had no idea the guy was a four-flusher, thought he was as wealthy as he pretended and kidnapped his teenaged son and made the typical demand, 1.5 million dollars in 24 hours or else. The guy's creditors couldn't help him, All of his assets were on paper. His credit was already shakey. The banditos gave him an additional 12 hours and sent the son's pinky finger to emphasize their seriousness. The guy couldn't raise that kind of money. The banditos didn't believe it, not that it would have made any difference, because they executed the teenager after 36 hours.

Paragraph 3 - You don't need baht in your pocket. All you need is an ATM card, credit card, or computer access to a bank account. The rest of paragraph 3 is idle speculation.