Brit Billionaire's Son Vanishes On Samui – Reward Offered

Brit Billionaire's Son Vanishes on Samui – Reward Offered

1112.jpg

A future Thai step-mother reported to the police that her 23-years-old British son to be had disappeared on Samui island. She believes he has left for Malaysia. The young man has a brain dysfunction. The future step mother is worried.

SURATHANI: -- Miss Sulawan Talungpet, age 24, the owner of a clothing store and a large car rental company on Koh Samui contacted the Daily News journalist in Koh Samui regarding her missing future stepson.

She informed the journalist that she has a boyfriend: Mr.Robert Thomson a 46-years-old British national whom she is going to marry to in June. Mr. Thomson is a ultra-high-net worth computer businessman from the UK.

In March, Mr.Robert Thomson arrived in Thailand with his son Markus Robert Thomson, age 23, for their holiday in Samui. Markus suffers from a brain dysfunction and needs daily medication otherwise he will have epileptic seizures.

On April 23, Markus disappeared from his residence, he was wearing shorts, a T-shirt and a green jacket, riding a black and gray Honda motorcycle, registration number (KorThorChor) คธฉ-776 Surat Thani.

He was carrying 200 THB in cash and a gold necklace. Markus disappearance was reported to Pol.Lt.Col. Thawatchai Promtep, Borpood police station, Koh Samui island.

After checking the CCTV footage at the port of Sea Transferry company on Koh Samui island. The CCTV footage showed Markus on April 23, at 17:00 hours after he had bought a ticket. He rode off on his motorcycle and has not been seen since.

Miss Suawan asked her boyfriend, the father, he said he had not received any call from his son. One of Markus’ friends said that Markus had told him that he wanted to go to Malaysia, but his passport was at his house.

Miss Sulawan pleads to contact her if any one knows the whereabouts of Markus her telephone number: 087-470-7607 or 083-796-6295

Mr.Thomson will pay a cash reward to anyone who can provide information on Markus Robert Thompson who is in urgent need of his neurological medication.

Source: http://www.pattayada...reward-offered/

-- Pattaya Daily News 2012-04-30

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now he is in a danger of not only being lost somewhere, but also kidnapping by some gangs, trying to make not 10k baht, but 100mln gbp.

with him, needing daily medication, he should be reported missing as soon as he was discovered missing, so sometimes on or after 23.4.

ps marcus has not vanished on samui, but somewhere else in thailand

Edited by londonthai
  • Like 2

Why would you endanger your son by annoucing to the world how rich the family is? More than one brain damaged individual in that family !

The sad truth being that the son would be equally at risk, if not more, once they get the local police involved...bah.gif

• Like 1

Why would you endanger your son by announcing to the world how rich the family is? More than one brain damaged individual in that family !

Exactly. "Ultra High Net Worth". What sort of crap is that, and as LT said, the ransom has just gone up. So many questions as usual. He has regular seizures but rides a motorbike? And why the prominence of the "step mother to be"?

I hope the lad is ok but who the hell is advising these people?

I have problems understanding how he can book a ticket with only 200Thb. furthermore he can not go very far without any Passport, I think. hopefully everything will work out fine

Why would you endanger your son by announcing to the world how rich the family is? More than one brain damaged individual in that family !

Exactly. "Ultra High Net Worth". What sort of crap is that, and as LT said, the ransom has just gone up. So many questions as usual. He has regular seizures but rides a motorbike? And why the prominence of the "step mother to be"?

I hope the lad is ok but who the hell is advising these people?

I have problems understanding how he can book a ticket with only 200Thb. furthermore he can not go very far without any Passport, I think. hopefully everything will work out fine

Good point. Don't know about Samui, but in Phuket he'd only be 1 tuk tuk fare away from being stoney. I suppose he could sell the bike?

It's not making much sense, best wait for an update. Buchholz (spelling?), where are you?

This website publishes information about British people who have come unstuck/died/murdered/missing in Thailand. Keeping an eye on what the British Embassy does to assist people and families is such circumstances (usually nothing!) http://godsaveus.co.uk/markus-robert-thomson-missing-in-thailand/

Edited by BuffaloRescue

Sad story, but all a little confusing.

The boy vanished a week ago having possibly left on the ferry from Koh Samui. The CCTV footage shows him buying a ticket, did he catch the ferry?

As noted saying that the boy's dad is a billionaire is none too smart. This billionaire tag seems to be a wild-ass guess (based on what dad told his girlfriend (people don't fib about such things do they, especially not to girlfriends?!), and that, coupled with a photo of the boy, is a dream come true to any potential kidnapper.

Future step mother to be. Would I want someone with a brain dysfunction to marry my daughter? nah

I don't care how freakin' rich they are. Talk about priorities. ermm.gif

The missing boys father is the one due to marry the 23 year old Thai lass, who is allegedly as sane as you or I.

//edit/must type faster

Edited by Thaddeus

Its not the lad that's gone missing who is marrying the girl, it's his dad I thought?

It says A future Thai step-mother reported to the police that her 23-years-old British **son** to be had disappeared. She being the future stepmother.. means she is marrying the 23yr old boys father. Or did i miss something?

Future step mother to be. Would I want someone with a brain dysfunction to marry my daughter? nah

I don't care how freakin' rich they are. Talk about priorities. ermm.gif

the girl is marrying the father...not the brain dysfunction son...

but in any case, the father might have a dysfunctional brain too, planning that!

Edited by tingtong
  • Like 2

The OP is a little jumbled, but come on some of you, understand it properly. It's not difficult to 'un-jumble' it ermm.gif

seems more of us can 'un-jumble' better than others rolleyes.gif

Edited by MaiDong
  • Like 1

Let's hope the young man turns up safe and sound, wherever he may be.

Father should have considered that a 24 year old girl may be too young to be a (step) mother... whistling.gif

Hey, if she can run a clothing store and a "large" car rental company........just saying. :rolleyes:

There is seriously something wrong with this story. A UK billionaire? Not many of them around, even less with the name Thompson A google search of the name and Ballymena will come up with an interesting article from a couple of years ago about a guy of the same age and a missing bike and some illegal substances.

Sounds to me that the missing bike is the major interest here.

Maybe I am wrong. But "billionaire son in need of help .... reward ... etc" well, what kind of attention is that going to attract?

Hope the lad is safe and well.

• Like 1

I find this all a little far-fetched. Why is this 'billionaire' going to marry such a dark skinned woman? He could get a much more beautiful woman in thailand. I suspect that either the husband or her is lying about his wealth to win face, which is now very bad news for the son considering she has just published his passport and photo for everyone to see.