Student Ed Visa Valid Till July 2006

Hello all,

I checked some of the previous posts on ED visas, but am not sure about the answer to this one.

My partner's son, who is 15 and studies at the International School of Pattaya, obtained a non-immigrant ED visa in Singapore on 24 August. Upon arrival in TH his passport was stamped till 23 November. On 10 November, we got got an extension for him at the Pattaya immigration office till 12 July 2006 (for the remainder of the course year).

When my partner got a 1 year extension on her non-immigrant O visa, she got a note in the passport about the 90 day reporting obligation. Her son didn't get such a note, and the officer only said that he should go back there in time next year to get another extension.

So, the question is: does her son need to report every 90 days as well, yes or no? If so, are we now too late and will we get fined, or worse?

Edited by Levent

He is not late. He should make report 90 days from the Nov. 10 extension of stay.

Quote from immigration web site:

The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.