Best Way For Thai Gf To Have Baby In Uk?

can anyone help.

i married my wife in bbk 2 years ago

we got a spouse 2 year visa

she has now been in the uk 1 year

she is pregnent and expecting in december

does she have to return to thailand after the 2 year visa expires ??

since she has been in the uk i have struggled to find much work (im self employed)

im worried as i might not have money for english test which cost 1400 ?

can she stay indefinate becouse you cant seperate mother and baby ???

please help thanks

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse my ignorant question ... but what's all this about can't seperate the mother and the baby?

Both can return to Thaliand!

Mother can return with the baby when the appropiate Visa is secured and the bub has (usually) the automatic right.

• Like 1

A friend of mine appealed to futher his Thai wifes stay to the Home Office and UKBA after discovering his wife was pregnant on a tourist visa.

The grounds for the appeal where -"DVT" flying whilst pregnant can harm mother and child.

Unfortunately the back log of immigration tribunals at the time meant his wife stayed in the UK on "deemed leave" for nearly two years (they popped two children out in this time). They eventually went to court and were informed by the judge that they had to return to Thailand to apply for a spouse visa which took about 3 months over there.

It was a stressful uncertain time for them but their children where born in the UK.

If she does not apply for and receive either ILR or FLR when her current leave to remain expires she will have to leave the UK.

Having a child will not change this as she and the child will not be forcibly separated; she could take the child with her.

The LitUK test does not cost £1400, and I don't think many ESOL with citizenship courses do either!

If applying for ILR before October 2013 she will need to have passed the Life in the UK test or progressed at least one level on an ESOL with citizenship course, see here.

If applying for ILR from October 2013 she must have

If she cannot satisfy this in time she will need to apply for FLR for a further two years. For that she will need an A1 pass in speaking and listening, but the certificate she used for her initial visa should suffice.

If she does not apply for and receive either ILR or FLR when her current leave to remain expires she will have to leave the UK.

Having a child will not change this as she and the child will not be forcibly separated; she could take the child with her.

The LitUK test does not cost £1400, and I don't think many ESOL with citizenship courses do either!

If applying for ILR before October 2013 she will need to have passed the Life in the UK test or progressed at least one level on an ESOL with citizenship course, see here.

If she cannot satisfy this in time she will need to apply for FLR for a further two years. For that she will need an A1 pass in speaking and listening, but the certificate she used for her initial visa should suffice.

thank you for replying can they actualy force her to leave the country even though we are married and have a baby and would it help if we married in the uk ??? we married in bbk

thank you for replying can they actualy force her to leave the country even though we are married and have a baby and would it help if we married in the uk ??? we married in bbk

You can't get married in the UK, you are already married and it is legally recognised there.

That she is married to you and you have a child together is a reason for her to remain in the UK, but she still has to obtain the appropriate leave to remain in order to do so.

If she doesn't then she will either have to remain in the UK illegally, with all that entails, or leave.

Sorry I can't be more positive.