Questions About Lawyer Again

radiola

I have found a lawyer, but how do I know he is real lawyer, i hard from another guy that there are only 5 real lawyers in pattaya, i think that is not possible, that all other are not real laywers,

i mean how can they have an office and practice law if they are not real lawyers.......

i wonder

so is it possible that you buy a condo and lawyer cheats you? What are the things you should be carefull about?

"so is it possible that you buy a condo and lawyer cheats you? What are the things you should be careful about?"

It's certainly possible that a lawyer does a bum job and you blow your money... then you've got to try and sue your lawyer....

Better to find one who has been recommended by other Farang.

Better to find one who has been recommended by other Farang.

Maybe, but the lawyer and the other farang could be in bed together. Stranger things have happened in Pattaya.

After all, this is a town where hardly a month goes by without some luminary being accused and/or convicted of some type of malpractice or deviousness.

so I have another problem here, if i buy a house through company, first the lawyer have 100 % ownership right and after 1 week I get 49% of shares in my company ?

Is that correct? What if he does not sign my shares to me and he keeps my house, is that possible?

Two posts and a quoted reply removed, if you have useful input then please put it up if not then shut up.

Radiola I think you need to ask questions about buying and ownership in the real estate forum not here in Pattaya Forum.

What if he does not sign my shares to me and he keeps my house, is that possible?

If you do it like that then yes, it's possible.

Most people seem to try and get around this possibility by using share structures that separate control from ownership, and/or by making loans between the parties with the property as security. The legality of this does not seem to be very clear.

My personal opinion is that this minefield is suitable only for the very lucky, the very brave or the very stupid.

Whats more OP...you are talking about buying a condo....so why do you even contemplate the company route ??

He seems mostly to be talking about houses, though he did say condo early in this thread and then house later on.

i havent make decision, that is why, i would prefer house, but what if i loose everything, can you trust a lawyer he will do a good job and not take your house and money?

with condo it is easy, but i prefer to have a house really

i havent make decision, that is why, i would prefer house, but what if i loose everything, can you trust a lawyer he will do a good job and not take your house and money?

with condo it is easy, but i prefer to have a house really

See this thread (and disregard the RENT ONLY brigade)

If you do not have a long time wife or gf whose name you can use in the company...do not go the house rotue, get a condo....much much easier.

Google Drew Noyes and the high jinks he gets up to...also Richard Haughton and Colin Vard.

If you do not have a long time wife or gf whose name you can use in the company...do not go the house rotue, get a condo....much much easier.

Google Drew Noyes and the high jinks he gets up to...also Richard Haughton and Colin Vard.

i am not giving shares to my girlfriend, when you break up what happens then? That is foolish

There is no definitive answer and never will be, not least because you are talking about two totally different subjects (farang-name and company name). It all depends on the individual circumstances of the buyer and on what he is thinking of buying. It also depends on the relative value for money of the property.

Show me the right place at the right price and even I might be tempted to buy it. Indeed I already have been several times.

they are all REAL lawyers and no doubt all have law degree.

Their honesty and integrity is another matter.

Also in Thailand having a law degree does not always mean they know anything legal.

In my lawyers office, you will not find even one law book and yet they handle ALL cases from criminal to land/condo sales.

How to trust them?!!! well ...... thats a hard one. This is what i would suggest

While you employ one doing the deal, have another one on the side shadowing him. I know it cost double the first time, but at least allows you to sleep at night