Csloxinfo -- Configuring The Billion Bipac 5112s

Michael W

I've been using CSLoxinfo ADSL (1 megabyte connection) for the last couple of months with reasonable satisfaction. One thing I haven't been able to puzzle through (and my one attempt at calling tech support on didn't go anywhere) was setting up the firewall for some Internet apps (WinMX, Azureus, and an FTP server). Neither the setup program nor the manual cover this explicitly, but in following how I did this for another firewall, I went to Advanced Setup -> NAT -> Edit Virtual Server (my NAT translation is already set to 'Many to One'). From the Virtual Server screen I added the ports I wanted to open and gave the local 192.* IP as the IP address. On my previous router, a 2-Wire, there were both TCP and UCP port settings. On this Billion router I don't see this. Anyway, after doing all this, I'm still not getting any of my Internet apps to work. My suspicion is there's something else to set (perhaps on another screen) but so far I haven't been able to find it. Anyone been able to do something like this on this router or a similar Billion model? Thanks.

From what you say I'm pretty sure you are doing it right, I don't have your router but I had a similar Billion device in the UK, no other screens to set up for your virtual server.

BUT

Many if not all ISP's in Thailand block the default ports used by the common P2P applications, time to adjust your port settings in the app. and of course your virtual server settings.

Have a look at http://www.portforward.com/ your exact router is not mentioned but there are similar Billion units, should get some idea what's occuring.

Edited by Crossy

U sure you have a router? The Billion that they give away is a usb modem, not a router, and so there is no port forwarding to do.

And in that case the only firewall is your software one.

Abandon. Yes, it is most definately a router (as a quick google search would have told you).