What Is It With Bib

chooka

OP,

Are you kidding me?

You claim to be in law enforcement yourself, when have you ever seen a forensics unit out for a burglary?

latent prints, are you joking?

do you have any idea how much it costs to process that stuff? or how much it costs to send a tech to the scene for a few laptops and the odd tv?

has anyone out there seen a fingerprint unit respond to a petty burglary in their home country, ever?

give me a break officer chooka (ret)

In Melbourne Australia maybe much to your suprise it doe's actually happen. All crime units, CIU's carry crime kits, camera's, Video camera's fingerprint kits, DNA, kits and the list goes on. The Division Vans/cars also carry this very basic equipment and a vast number of police are trained in the techniques. Then there are the Division crime scene units who are tasked to attend all burglaries, thefts from motor vehicles, stolen motor vehicles and the like. On top of this you then have the Forensic Science team who then attend to all major incidents. Yes I have seen these units attend to so called petty crimes in my home country and I can assure you 110% every single scene is checked for prints and possible DNA evidence.

The forensic Science Lab units will not attend burglaries but divisional crime scene units will and do. So nocturn I do not know where you come from but the egg is all over your face.

Having experienced personally or known someone burglarised in the US, Canada, Thailand and the UK and having the police do little better than file a report so insurance could be claimed would suggest you may have managed to spatter some egg on my shoe. For this I acknowledge that down under things may however be different to my experience.

I actually talk to real people on occasion and this topic came up, from these conversations your experience seems to be the rarer.

My post did ask others to state their experience, so i am more than willing to be proven wrong.

Edited by nocturn

Having experienced personally or known someone burglarised in the US, Canada, Thailand and the UK and having the police do little better than file a report so insurance could be claimed would suggest you may have managed to spatter some egg on my shoe. For this I acknowledge that down under things may however be different to my experience.

I actually talk to real people on occasion and this topic came up, from these conversations your experience seems to be the rarer.

My post did ask others to state their experience, so i am more than willing to be proven wrong.

Well your probably not wrong from your experience, I can't speak for other countries and thier standards but I can speak for what happens in Melbourne. I may have been a bit harsh with the egg thing so my appologies.

Well your probably not wrong from your experience, I can't speak for other countries and thier standards but I can speak for what happens in Melbourne. I may have been a bit harsh with the egg thing so my appologies.

quite alright i'm generally quite argumentative as well.

Now you know why people live like prisoners in their own homes here, with bars on everything, huge padlocks, steel doors that come down etc etc. They know they are the only defense against getting burgled cause once it happens nothing will be done.

i went into a station one night to complain that someone had nicked the tax and number plate off my motorbike

3 cops in an otherwise empty station ,keep us waiting for 10 minuutes at reception even though they knew we were there

then invited us into the big room behind reception where they had a enormous plasma tv on the wall nearly as big as a cinema screen

and the 3 of them were watching a movie which ironically was about cops chasing down a bad guy in america (jumping from roof to roof and smashing through glass windows and high speed police chases to catch the suspect cheesy.gif )

all 3 of them glued to the screen ,watching it in fascination biggrin.png

the youngest cop was given the task of writing our report ,with one eye on the movie at all times he asked a couple of questions and them gave us the " official police report "

(a scrap of paper that says a number plate was stolen recently from a motorcycle ,basically worthless )

we said thanks and i left with a smile on my face ,to let them get back to their "police work "

fxxking hilarious !

Well at least they were watching a simulation of what "real" police work is like, even though they have never practiced it themselves.