Limewire Pro Not Completing D/l - Disk Problem

JustAnotherFarang

Hi guys

Thought I would try out Limewire Pro ver 4.9.9 and after initially being impressed with the searches I was then very disappointed to see that when most of the downloads reached 100 per cent, it then said disk problem and does not save the file. Out of 20 files, mp3 and mpegs, only 3 saved.

I have no problem with disk space, over 20 gb available for my shared folder and have encountered no problems with other p2p programs so whats this stupid error all about ??

JAF

Limewire has built in corruption detection - is this what you mean?

nope, its an intermittant error and from what I can see, its a major bug in the software according to the forums I have checked out....... but no answers on how to fix this problem. Was wondering if anyone else had this problem and what version are you using

JAF

I'm using the plane Jane free limewire, and never had any issues with it!

I am using the plain jane version of Limewire ver 4.10 and the problem disappears. Seems its a bug with 4.9.9 so I will wait to get the pro version when it appears online

BTW beware of "Limerwirepro 4.10 please share" on both Kazaa and Limewire. It is a batch file (looks like a little white box with a blue stripe at the top) and if you are stupid enough to click on it, say bye bye to your windows installation and hello to Mr Reformat and start all over again..........

I know, I was the stupid one to click on it :o

JAF