Pea Electricity Rate

Does anybody knows what is the eelctricity rate that PEA applies for a temporary meter in a residential building (condominium)?

The information I have is 4.3 THB/unit + 7% VAT. Is that correct?

Thank you

Mikkihiiri

That's actually pretty ok, certainly for a temporary (construction) meter. PEA uses a sliding scale, the more you use the more each unit costs.

There are tariffs on the PEA website, but I'm not sure how accurate (recent) they are.

I only know the current Prices per unit for direct billing by the PEA for a House with a 15(45)amp Meter.

0 - 150 Units 2.7628 THB Per Unit

151 - 400 Units 3.7362 THB Per Unit

More then 401 = 3.9361 THB Per Unit

38.22 Service Fee

But as Crossy already said it's a sliding scale. Example if you use 280 Units. Your bill will look like this.

Total Used Units : 280

150 * 2.7628 = 414.42 THB

130 * 3.7362 = 485.71 THB

Sub Total = 900.13 THB

Service Charge = 38.22 THB

VAT 7% = 65.68 THB

Total Amount = 1004.03 THB

Price Per Unit = 1004.03 THB / 280 Units = 3.59 THB Per Unit

Edit: //

If you wanna know the actual price per unit for your meter just email. [email protected]

Edited by MJCM

Thanks a lot for the document!!

There is still some confusion because I have another document by PEA (attached) that says 4.3093 THB/unit.

The usual confusion I guess. I have no idea which number is correct.

This is what PEA replied:

For about a current rate of TEMPORARY METER of PEA electricity is 6.4369 THB per unit. For about a rate 4.3093 THB per unit is the old one.

So it seems that the current rate is 6.4369 THB per unit.

Anyway I will try to get a PEA bill for the temporary meter used by the Developer in the Condo where I own an apartment. At the moment the Building Manager refused to show me one.

Yesterday we had quite nervous meeting with the Developer on several Accounting topics. Anyway, they showed us the PEA electricity invoice of August 2011 for the temporary meter. Almost an A4 paper full of calculations.

Grand Total (including a low 3.something %VAT) was 55,000THB. Total consumption 16,000 Units. That makes 3.44THB/unit.