Visa To China

I have to head to Beijing for business at the end of the month and curious if anyone has gone through the visa process for China? (I am a US Citizen)

Can I get a visa on arival or have to do at Chinese embassy in BKK?

If you have to do at the embassy, how long does it normally take?

Yes, you will need a visa and you will need to obtain it in advance of travel. You can apply at the Consular Section of the Chinese Embassy in Bangkok: note that this is not in the same building as the Embassy itself - the Consular section is in a building on the southwest corner of Ratchadapisek Road and Ratchadapisek Soi 3. You can download application forms from this site - as you are applying outside your country of citizenship, you will need to complete both Form A and Form B. I have a vague recollection of US citizens having to complete 2 copies of each form, but that may be outdated information.

There are at least three options available for processing speed: from memory, the "standard" application, which is the least expensive, takes 5-7 working days. The fastest (and most expensive) "rush" option gets a visa in your hands the next business day.

Edited by KamnanT

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks all... Finished the visa process and processing time for standard service is 4 working days

The consulate is just past fortune town on the corner of Ratchada soi 3

You should go early as the only hand out queue tickets until 10am (this is what I was told)

I would recommend filling out all application form(s) before showing up as they are quite long

Also if you are US citizen, you need 2 Sets of everything and the fee is much higher (1000 thb for Thai and 4650 for US citizen)

Also Thai nationals can use a visa agent to handle whole process and they do not need to go personally, but if foreign national, you must go on person, so no need to hire an agent to help (if you were considering it)

There is also an Extra form needing to be filled is you are a foreign national applying for visa while in Thailand

Also they wanted copies of my work permit and a letter from my employer advising salary, length of time with the company & permission for vacation

They also needed info on my Thai visa and proof that visa would not expire while I was in China and that I could legally return to Thailand

They also requested copies of plane ticket / itinerary and hotel reservation

I submitted all required info and received a single entry visa valid for a stay of 7 days in China

I submitted all required info and received a single entry visa valid for a stay of 7 days in China

Is that what you requested? I usually get a 12 month multi-entry with 60 days per stay, but I've never done one in Thailand. Used to do business visas (with proper letter of invitation, etc), but last few years I've been just a tourist.