Chiang Mai Among Top Global Destinations

webfact

Rio should be in the top 25.

I thought the same thing having lived in Brazil and stayed in Rio at my then girlfriend's parents pad on the Avenida Atlantica which is right in the tourist centre on the beachfront. But that's just the point, we didn't venture far from there and sticking insurance money in your shoe every night is a bore!. Rio make look spectacular but it is not a traveller friendly city. Plenty of better and safer places to explore in Brazil.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the same thing having lived in Brazil and stayed in Rio at my then girlfriend's parents pad on the Avenida Atlantica which is right in the tourist centre on the beachfront. But that's just the point, we didn't venture far from there and sticking insurance money in your shoe every night is a bore!. Rio make look spectacular but it is not a traveller friendly city. Plenty of better and safer places to explore in Brazil.

Agree, Rio is way too scary. My pick for S.America would be Salvador (Brazil), Cartagena (Colombia), Cuenca (Ecuador), Cuzco or Arequipa (Peru), Antigua (Guatemala). But I like that whole colonial style thing!

Agree, Rio is way too scary. My pick for S.America would be Salvador (Brazil), Cartagena (Colombia), Cuenca (Ecuador), Cuzco or Arequipa (Peru), Antigua (Guatemala). But I like that whole colonial style thing!

I agree with you on Salvador. I used to live in Porto Alegre which I loved and being a bit of a yachtie we once drove down to Punta de Este and then decied on spec to go to Montevideo. Now there's a gem of a city you hear little about.

It must be the health restoring qualities of the air I guess.

Don't think you've quite got the gist of the poll, old chap!..... though I musty admit living in CM I am a bit surprised myself at where it showed.

Can only put it down to the wonderful people who live here!

IMHO that should be "In site of some of the people that live there."

Pattaya.... where the 'unloved meet the unloving'.... I guess it's not considered a serious travel destination.

Aside from the month or so of foul air ChiangMai is a great place to live or visit,been there 13yrs and love it.