Bringing Wife's Mother Over

Here's the situation. My wife is currently about a year away from going for her permanent visa (obviously on Temp visa now, unlimited travel). We just had a baby about 6 months ago and her Mum wants to see him. Now, she doesn't particularly want to go Thailand for various reasons; the expense of all 3 of us travelling there, holiday etc, the age of baby, weight gain (:o) so I suggested it might be better and cheaper for her Mum to visit here instead. I think I read somewhere that a temp visa holder cannot sponsor a relative and fair enough, but would *I* be able to sponsor her? Reading the appropriate websites just seem to mention 'proof of relationship' , 'incentive to return' etc and they don't seem to cater to my situation. Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks!

Here's the situation. My wife is currently about a year away from going for her permanent visa (obviously on Temp visa now, unlimited travel). We just had a baby about 6 months ago and her Mum wants to see him. Now, she doesn't particularly want to go Thailand for various reasons; the expense of all 3 of us travelling there, holiday etc, the age of baby, weight gain (:o) so I suggested it might be better and cheaper for her Mum to visit here instead. I think I read somewhere that a temp visa holder cannot sponsor a relative and fair enough, but would *I* be able to sponsor her? Reading the appropriate websites just seem to mention 'proof of relationship' , 'incentive to return' etc and they don't seem to cater to my situation. Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks!

You can sponsor her....Fill in the forms appropriately and attach a statutory declaration indicating the situation, her relationship to you, your intention to support her, etc....Include in the application any letters she has sent to your wife and any letters the mother has received from your wife....family photos will also help.

TO ALL AUSSIES,

Australia does want genuine tourists, If you are honest and the applicant is honest then you should receive a visa, IF they even sniff at any dishonesty then it will be refused. Visas can be issued to anyone, friends or family. The Government are only concerned that the applicant will comply with their visa conditions and not be a burden on the goverment while they are here. A Thai person travelling solo with no friends or relatives can get a visa as long as they meet the criteria.

Each application is judged on its own merits nothing more and nothing less.

You can sponsor her....Fill in the forms appropriately and attach a statutory declaration indicating the situation, her relationship to you, your intention to support her, etc....Include in the application any letters she has sent to your wife and any letters the mother has received from your wife....family photos will also help.

Ok thanks! Pretty much the same as it was when I first did it then. Family photos may be a problem..ah well.