Need Advise On Elderly Dying Farang

Terrible state,living in Jontiem,developing bed sores, virtually stopped eating and is now swiftly entering the dying stage. Impossible to move him,and the nursing facility is hopeless. Nothing a hospital can do,is there a home or hospice anywhere close to Patts.?

Thanks

There are ways to go,and ways to go,yes nature intended us all to die. I stated he is in a terrible condition,unwashed,uncared for,bedsores developing,painful ones at that. He is not my problem as yet,he has Thai wife,perhaps explains all

Edited by Rimmer
Quote of removed

One post in bad taste removed.

Thanks Rimmer,it is positively heartbreaking to see a once larger than life character descend into this. This guy had books written about him,was quoted many ,many times in numerous publications around the world,and he was the worlds best counterfeiter in his time,so much talent that officialdom stood open mouthed at the sheer perfection at producing the worlds best dollar bill.forgeries

Yes I know what he was,but he was genius material

Thanks Rimmer,it is positively heartbreaking to see a once larger than life character descend into this. This guy had books written about him,was quoted many ,many times in numerous publications around the world,and he was the worlds best counterfeiter in his time,so much talent that officialdom stood open mouthed at the sheer perfection at producing the worlds best dollar bill.forgeries

Are his initials CB?

Edit. If so I knew him in London years ago and he was a wealthy man back then. His wife should be capable of arranging his care unless he changed her in recent years.

Edited by yogi100

Are his initials CB?

yes Thai wife,same wife,but he has not been in any position to do anything for himself for a long time Edited by 23962323

Are his initials CB?

yes Thai wife,same wife,but he has not been in any position to do anything for himself for a long time

Surely someone can sort out some sort of nursing arrangement for him if his wife is incapable, but she was devoted to him when I knew him and he can't be short of money. Strangely enough I last saw him when someone had attempted to sell him a fake diamond ring for his wife in South London about 15 years ago. As you say he was a charismatic, fascinating character, much admired in certain circles and a nice bloke as well.

what about family? friends in Jomtien he is a well known individual,maybe you could go down to soi 5 and ask what help there is for him.

Nice to know there is someone looking out for him,good luck mate.

Edited by MrRed

what about family? friends in Jomtien he is a well known individual,maybe you could go down to soi 5 and ask what help there is for him.

Nice to know there is someone looking out for him,good luck mate.

He is rapidly fading, I am desperately trying to get him some help,even went to the father Ray foundation this morning to try and loan a bed that can be raised or lowered into different positions to help him,they would not help.

I am surprised too no help for him is forthcoming, just so shocked at his appearance this morning,death would come as a wonderful release for him

His wife is incapable ,think she cannot bear to see him in this state,just gets a oldish woman who hasn't a clue how to care for him

Edited by 23962323

I think you need to get in contact with any family to come out quickly,surely his wife? can help with these details.

I have been through this with a mate before and he was in hospital then you just have to contact the embassy and they arrange most things for you.

Thanks for the advice, He is past the point of going anywhere now,save his coffin, just about hanging onto life by a thread. Thanks for the tip about the embassy,I will contact them.

Knowing about Charley and his life was fascinating,he never wanted the US treasury officials to know of his whereabouts,long arm of the law (perhaps now is the time to tell them) some help from somewhere

. I have known him for three to four years,what a most perfect gent, the most thoughtful man anyone could wish to meet,we shared the expense at times of soi dogs in urgent need of attention. He started up the Thai marriage exchange those years ago,made some money at it too,appeared in many UK television programmes.

Everybody ,but everybody regaled him,even doing his porridge,the governor of the prison he was in for his crime of counterfeiting was in awe of him,police, US treasury officials , even the judge who sentenced him everyone but everyone who he ever came into contact with adored him. His story was ghosted by a Times reporter while still inside. A genius in my midst is how I regarded Charley

I surely will miss and remember Charley,just need to get the help he needs at this most critical time of his life, Any I'm off to see what I can do.

Thanks for the tips

I seem to remember seeing hospital beds for sale/rent in a couple of orthopaedic/surgical shops around town. If not how about asking at the hospitals? They probably have a system to rent them out.

I would have thought that a Thai nurse would come in daily for relatively little money and take care of bedsores, cleanliness etc.

Thanks for the advice, He is past the point of going anywhere now,save his coffin, just about hanging onto life by a thread. Thanks for the tip about the embassy,I will contact them.

Knowing about Charley and his life was fascinating,he never wanted the US treasury officials to know of his whereabouts,long arm of the law (perhaps now is the time to tell them) some help from somewhere

. I have known him for three to four years,what a most perfect gent, the most thoughtful man anyone could wish to meet,we shared the expense at times of soi dogs in urgent need of attention. He started up the Thai marriage exchange those years ago,made some money at it too,appeared in many UK television programmes.

Everybody ,but everybody regaled him,even doing his porridge,the governor of the prison he was in for his crime of counterfeiting was in awe of him,police, US treasury officials , even the judge who sentenced him everyone but everyone who he ever came into contact with adored him. His story was ghosted by a Times reporter while still inside. A genius in my midst is how I regarded Charley

I surely will miss and remember Charley,just need to get the help he needs at this most critical time of his life, Any I'm off to see what I can do.

Thanks for the tips

Well his name is out now, As well his other activities he served his time in the RAF just after WW2 but I don't suppose that will cut much ice with the British Embassy who are notorious for turning their backs on Uk citizens in times of need. When I knew him he was in the process of buying a house at Keston in Kent and was comfortably off but that's not much help when your life is coming to an end. He was not the type of man to fritter away money.

The FBI said that his copies of dollar bills were the best they ever clapped eyes upon. The book, Counterfeiter, The Story of a British Master Forger is a great read if you can get hold of a copy. He hid his fantastic plates in a hole he'd carved out of the top of a door in his house.

Thanks for the tips

Well his name is out now, As well his other activities he served his time in the RAF just after WW2 but I don't suppose that will cut much ice with the British Embassy who are notorious for turning their backs on Uk citizens in times of need. When I knew him he was in the process of buying a house at Keston in Kent and was comfortably off but that's not much help when your life is coming to an end. He was not the type of man to fritter away money.

The FBI said that his copies of dollar bills were the best they ever clapped eyes upon. The book, Counterfeiter, The Story of a British Master Forger is a great read if you can get hold of a copy. He hid his fantastic plates in a hole he'd carved out of the top of a door in his house.

If he was in the RAF you could try the Royal British Legion based out of Tropical Berts, I think.

Maybe try the Rotary Club in Pattaya and I believe there are a few so keep persevering !

I have stumbled across something pertinent to your case which might be against forum rules so am Pm'ing you.

I sincerely hope that the patient receives some good respite care.

Eddie

If he has the funds (genuine I hope) he would be well cared for at the nursing home attached to the mcKean hospital in Chiangmai. About 25000baht a month for room and board and nursing care. I know someone who transferred there just before his death. His comment regarding the hospital he transfered to and there was. This is heaven....that was hell.

• Like 1

Thanks for the tips

If he was in the RAF you could try the Royal British Legion based out of Tropical Berts, I think.

I agree a out the RBL but there is also SSAFA who do have representation at the Embassy to deal with such matters for ex servicemen.

There are ways to go,and ways to go,yes nature intended us all to die. I stated he is in a terrible condition,unwashed,uncared for,bedsores developing,painful ones at that. He is not my problem as yet,he has Thai wife,perhaps explains all

now that his name has been put out ,pleasel et me know what happens ,as you know i am in the uk for a few weeks ,i have also been in touch with a friend of his in BKK, shame that his wife has not sorted it ,but then ,there is much in the past.

we were shocked to see this thread and we have looked more in to how we can help.

He does have adult sons in Pattaya and they are actually helping as best they can, they have bought him a special bed and mattress already.

He does have family and people who care about him.

We are now seeing if we can organize some extra nursing care.

we were shocked to see this thread and we have looked more in to how we can help.

He does have adult sons in Pattaya and they are actually helping as best they can, they have bought him a special bed and mattress already.

Sorry I don't mean to be rude, but who are "We", are you a welfare organisation, charity, friends or just genuine honest people? I applaud what you have done and are trying to do, I am sure quite a few people would be interested to know if there is an "Organisation" in Pattaya who can help in such situations. Also if you are an organisation is there is anyway people can assist you in your good deeds?

Best Wishes

RabC

Edited by RabC

Both, Memorial and BPH administrative/international services have arranged nurses for friends already. This has been a while back, these nurses came from a Bangkok agency within 24 hours, monthly cost, all included 24/7 with the patient was about 25'000 Baht. Don't have any names/numbers so must find and insist in hospital office. In Memorial it was the back than the admistrator lady in the payment office, very helpful and friendly.

Also had prior good experiences with similar case as yours with the already mentioned "Goldfenage". After some calls they showed up with an ambulance to pick up a resident here in Pattaya to bring him to Bangkok.

Or try this link. http://en.thailand.panpages.com/categories/1/th-en10506

Best of luck. ER

Sorry I don't mean to be rude, but who are "We", are you a welfare organisation, charity, friends or just genuine honest people? I applaud what you have done and are trying to do, I am sure quite a few people would be interested to know if there is an "Organisation" in Pattaya who can help in such situations. Also if you are an organisation is there is anyway people can assist you in your good deeds?

Best Wishes

RabC

Thank you RabC

No we are not an organization just friends of the family and honest people who will try and help if we can.

Best Wishes

RabC

Thank you RabC

No we are not an organization just friends of the family and honest people who will try and help if we can.

Very nice to hear he has caring friends SSAFA do have someone associated with the Embassy in BKK, maybe the partner of a Diplomat but they can access funds from SSAFA in UK if needed. (Sailors, Soldiers, Airmen and Families Association) I believe the registered name has Soldiers before Sailors but we all know this is wrong. http://www.ssafa.org.uk/

I knew Charles also, stayed in his appartments off soi AR a few times, used to sit and chat to him for hours, great guy and had some great yarns, very sad to hear of his situation, surely a carer could be arranged for him - money is hardly an issue

My thoughts are with him ..........

Edited by smedly

Thanks RabC, that is the link I was hoping somebody would come up with, remembering there was a big advert in UK national press last week from SSAFA offering help to ex UK forces,but considered it only applied to UK,never thought of overseas.

The Royal British Legion link maybe able to help also,but I think you have to be a member of the Legion,not just ex forces. anyway it only costs 800 baht a year to join and acts almost like a medical insurance,have to pay your own air fare back to the UK,but they can cut corners in NHS waiting lists and can provide accommodation, glad in a way I fought for Queen and country,I admit though I was Britain's second worst soldier,the worst one now lives in KL and a millionaire.

I did not start this thread to embarrass anyone,if I did I apologise,I just wanted more help for Charles than he was receiving and hopefully that can now be provided if I can get the ex forces organisations involved. Charles I point out is incontinent and his immediate needs are well met,I feel Charles needs professional help now.

Not my business I know,but I thought so much of Charles