Fiancee Visa (Settlement) Waiting Times At Present?

Sorry to be a bore! I can't seem to find on the British Embassy's website/VFS about current processing times. I read them somewhere before but unsure which site. If anyone can point me in the right direction, or have had recent experience with an application would be great to hear how long it took. This will be my fiancees 4th UK visa with me as sponsor, if that would affect waiting time at all. Thanks very much,

Fred

Hi,

I submitted a UK fiance / settlement visa in Bangkok (Thailand) on 16th March 2012 and have up until today (6th May 2012) not had a result or reply.

So we have been waiting for about 7 weeks now.

I did apply for a settlement visa about 2 years ago (for a relationship that subsequently failed) and that took about 10 weeks for us to get a (positive) result.

2 years ago this forum has a great thread where everyone was posting submit dates AND result dates which gave everyone an idea of what the processing / waiting times are for settlement visa applications.

Due to the upcoming Olympic Games, it may be worth someome (who has the time) to run a "uk settlement / fiance processing / waiting times" thread again.

There could be substantial delays ... and it would probably give applicants a better idea of how long it will be until they can be together.

Waiting around (clueless) for a visa can be a pain in the neck - because you can't properly plan your life (and in my case run my business!).

Any volunteers for such a thread?

Edited by simmsc

2 or more years ago so not valid now I guess, timelines probably changed.

Indefinite Leave to Enter, I think its the same as ILR but it just means that you get indefinite leave immediately and do not have to apply for settlement visa (and wait 2 years to apply for ILR)

I got it as my husband and I met a long time ago and married when we were both youngsters and we lived togther outside the UK for a long time. I think its like a special visa for those kind of relationships.

I put in a similar request for information on the other forum. However, we are married, have been for over 3 years, applied same time as simmsc, still waiting and bitiing fingernails ! First our agent said to realistically allow 4 weeks, then I saw a posting which suggested 5 weeks, now the agent says 5 to 10 weeks. It would be nice to get some input from those who have recently been granted their visa. My wife is consistently going to get the word from monks who each give conflicting forecasts. The latest a week ago suggested that she would be in the UK this week. I won't hold my breath.

My wife is consistently going to get the word from monks who each give conflicting forecasts. The latest a week ago suggested that she would be in the UK this week.

<snip>

A real true monk would not say something so silly like predict visas or give lottery numbers. Your monk probably sings Karaoke and has a wig for Saturdays.

Tip, when I was waiting I got impatient and called the embassy and got to speak to a nice farng girl who told me the approx waiting time at that moment. I know we are not meant to but I did and she answered.

Good luck, all will be good. Just be cool

Edited by soundman
Thai men of all backgrounds take monk hood seriously.

my fiancee was told by VFS (at the time of application) that the wait would be 1 month .... but I am starting to realise that the VFS is not very reliable at giving out any kind of information ... regardless of what it is. so many things they say are either wrong or conflicting. maybe the embassy is not very good at keeping them informed.

what is making me suspicious is that the visa processing times page of the embassy has not been updated for a long time ... still showing Feb 2012 processing times.

i've watched this page for a few months now (including 2 years ago too) and usually it is updated every month .... but they have not updated it for much longer than that now.

i suspect that they don't want to admit to the current visa processing time delays. just a theory.

when researching google for any kind of clues of what is going on ... i keep reading about the delays that entrants are experiencing at the borders / airports (which are currently bad/long and going to get worse as we get closer to the Olymplics) ... but they seem to be keeping very quiet about the delays in actually processing the visas.

I would be interested in what they actually DO when considering the applications. Do they investigate our credit ratings? Who do they check up on, the applicant or the sponsor? Or do they just take what is in front of them at face value? No one seems to know. I guess, like everyone else, I'm getting the mjitters after 7 weeks of waiting. Jay yen yen I think

i guess they can do credit checks on us ... just like (for example) an insurance company or a lender could get. that's probably one way they can get a non-biased / independent view on us.

they will also be able to see our national insurance and tax records to see if we are financially stable and if we have been honest about our finances.

they will check any immigration history we have.

what they care about mainly is 1) is the relationship genuine and 2) is the sponsor able to take care of his partner financially and is the sponsor able to provide a home.

from the great thread that was run about 2 years ago i remember seeing that most settlement applications got approved. tourist visas however get declined by the truck load.

if you think about it ... the embassy needs pretty strong reasons to say "actually, you two can't get married / or live together"

i think it needs to be a blatantly obvious case of "i just want a visa and i don't intent to get married / live with my partner" for them to decline a settlement visa.

don't worry - if your application is genuine, you supplied all the relevant docs and you are reasonably financially stable ... you'll get it!

Hi,

I submitted a UK fiance / settlement visa in Bangkok (Thailand) on 16th March 2012 and have up until today (6th May 2012) not had a result or reply.

So we have been waiting for about 7 weeks now.

I did apply for a settlement visa about 2 years ago (for a relationship that subsequently failed) and that took about 10 weeks for us to get a (positive) result.

2 years ago this forum has a great thread where everyone was posting submit dates AND result dates which gave everyone an idea of what the processing / waiting times are for settlement visa applications.

Due to the upcoming Olympic Games, it may be worth someome (who has the time) to run a "uk settlement / fiance processing / waiting times" thread again.

There could be substantial delays ... and it would probably give applicants a better idea of how long it will be until they can be together.

Waiting around (clueless) for a visa can be a pain in the neck - because you can't properly plan your life (and in my case run my business!).

Any volunteers for such a thread?

The thread is still open, just has not been updated recently...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/443540-uk-settlement-waiting-2011

Maybe the the topic heading needs updating?

• Like 1

hi retard / farmer / b basil... i just posted on the other thread.

where should we continue this conversation ... here or on the other thread?

i don't mind, as long as we all talk on the same thread as it's essentially about the same thing - visa waiting times! urggh

PS - Thanks Basil B - but i don't know how to change topic headings in forums. can you help / advise please?

I've been searching for this sort of thread for ages - but couldn't find it as the title wasn't complete.

I would suggest the following title:

UK embassy settlement visa / fiance visa processing / waiting times in Thailand / Bangkok

That should have all the keywords in it, which will drive relevant traffic in from Google for this thread.

This way we should get a little "waiting community" going again.