Indian Buffet

Darrel

• 1 month later...

OK, I finally tried the Indian buffet referred to in the OP, off 3rd road.

The cost is 250 baht.

I was told it is on DAILY from 8 to 10 PM and also for lunch DAILY from 1 to 3 PM. Lunch also 250.

About the food.

Similar quality, variety as Beverly Plaza. Some dishes a little better, some dishes not quite as good.

The dishes I found a little better, chicken curry masala, yellow jeera rice, and the NAN.

The dishes I found not as good, the yellow dal, and the watery raita.

Cooking style a little simpler, slightly lighter than Beverly Plaza.

I like that they cook in smaller batches as well.

Overall though, not exactly thrilled with the place, but yes another Indian buffet option.

No poppadums were on offer.

Edited by Jingthing

The cost is 250 baht.

The price has gone up since I went.

I definitely will not be returning at that price.

It should have gone down to 150B to make it reasonable value.

Well I don't see much difference between 220 baht and 250 baht but the 250 baht place isn't convenient for me so I won't be hurrying back, that's for sure. It is good to hear the news they're open daily though for those who may want to try it. Edited by Jingthing

Well I don't see much difference between 220 baht and 250 baht ...

It went from 200B to 250B, so a 25% increase on something that was already overpriced.

I know numerous places to spend 250B that offer much better value.

Thursdays at the Hilton Hotel lunch buffet they are doing some Indian food dishes that are very nice Sahib.

This is a very good idea. If anyone is going to do nice Indian food it should be the Hilton. And only 100B more than a crappy tour-bus buffet!

I remember many decades ago that the big hotel chains in Manila, Singapore and HK used to fly in the chefs from their hotels in other countries for a few days, complete with ingredients and spices, and would have a proper dedicated buffet for the duration. I enjoyed several very good Indian and Thai ones. I suppose it still happens in Bangkok but I've never noticed it here.

Edited by Darrel