PM Yingluck Orders Assessment Of All Factories Every 3 Months

webfact

Does Anyone think before writing her speeches?

Clearly not. In their defence I must say this government is well worth the entertainment, I find myself rolling about with laughter on a daily basis when I read the rubbish they spout. I increasingly look forward to the email alerts from TV, it certainly brightens up my day.

• Like 1

You silly fools. Yinluck already solved the drug problems a couple months back in just three months' time, just "like she said she will" didn't she?

... oh wait.

Edited by theajarn

She said that industry officials will have to visit all factories for every three months to inspect the chemicals used in the plants. The assessment result will have impact on the extension of the permit of factory operations.

Why inspect the chemicals at the plants when they already know what chemicals are used at that plant/factory? What would the inspection entail; would it be a paperwork exercise or would it be a properly conducted inspection?

To me, as a minimum, a safety inspection would entail the following:

Shipping (in and out) of chemicals; approval of procedures and inspection of records.

Transfer and handling of chemicals inside the plant/factory; approval of procedures, inspection and approval of PMS (Planned Maintenance Schedules) on all piping spools and valves used for transfer.

Random inspection of spools and valves from the PMS records

Inspection of personnel qualifications in key roles whether in date or not.

Approval of emergency response procedures and random inspection of associated equipment from PMS records.

The list goes on and on.

For this to happen every 3 months would be impossible and to even suggest it is irresponsible. As Animatic has shown in his calculations, it is, from a financial and manpower viewpoint simply unattainable.

If it is just a paperwork exercise, then why bother? From experience, at least 90% of accidents happen from shortcuts on shortcuts in procedures or bad planned maintenance leading to equipment failure. This, IMHO is the area that would need to be concentrated on for any advantage to be achieved, over a reasonable timescale.

Edited by chrisinth

Any big wig owners named ???

Check out the website of Bangkok Synthetics. wink.png

BST Board of Directors:

http://www.bst.co.th/shareholder.aspx

It is own by SCC group. And you don't want to know who is the 1st share holder of SCC. I am sure, the insurance company will not dare to withhold any payment, and maybe pay some extras.

http://www.set.or.th/set/companyholder.do?symbol=SCC&language=en&country=US

• Like 1

And the budget for qualified trained inspectors is coming from where?

What qualified trained inspectors?....someone's wife,brother,sister,daughter,etc. with connections, just got a cushy job with a nice travel expense acct. and opportunity to show up at a nearby restaraunt,bar,resort, every 90 days to be paid for their signature without so much as glance in the direction of any factory.

No, not necessary as long as a majority of those listening, or reading are not thinking.

Never fear. Sounds more like advice from Ontario's Mr. Harris of the common sense revolution, with his fingers in the pie at Magna Corp now.

Next move likely to be inspections by joint health and safety committtees trained by qualified inspectors in every field, then fire the inspectors. Odds 10 :1 by the sound of things.

I don't know? Who?

Aslo Google Korn Dabbaransi.

OK ... a deputy PM to Thaksin while a member of the National Development Party, then defecting to TRT and becoming Minister for Science and Technology .

Not much else about him that stands out though.

I don't know? Who?

OK ... a deputy PM to Thaksin while a member of the National Development Party, then defecting to TRT and becoming Minister for Science and Technology .

Also a minister in several previous cabinets including the Democrats stint led by Chuan.

Edited by Payboy

I don't know? Who?

A Synthetic Rubber Baron?

• Like 1

Also a minister in several previous cabinets including the Democrats stint led by Chuan.

So a politician that jumps ship a lot. Probably as corrupt as most politicians. What's your point?

So a politician that jumps ship a lot. Probably as corrupt as most politicians. What's your point?

Someone asked about bigwigs. What's your point? Spooked about connections to your poster boy?

Edited by Payboy

Someone asked about bigwigs. What's your point? Spooked about connections to your poster boy?

Thaksin isn't my poster boy, neither is Chuan.

No, I think everyone knows that.

Edited by Payboy

ALL factories in Thailand will need to be "inspected" every 90 days.

Just using a rough figure of say 100,000 factories in Thailand,

1/4 is 25,000 divided by 90 days = 277.77 Inspections PER DAY.

Assuming it takes half a day and only one inspector is assigned,

that means 138.8 inspectors need to do 2 jobs every day, including travel.

Now lets look at 100,000 ever 90 days with an inspector and assistant.

1,111.1 inspections per day using 2,222 inspectors; head and assistant/witness.

or best case two locations per day 555.55 inspections PER DAY using

2,222 inspectors; head and assistant/witness.

Having paired inspectors minimises the easy of tea money changing hands,

and ability to cover larger places. Of course this will still happen,

and the TM swill move up the chain per usual.

OK say there are 2,222 what is their wage per month?

Say Minimum 15k costs 33,330,000 a month

or 399,960,000 million baht a year... not including car leasing

1,111 car fleet, gas 1,000 a day x 1111000 per day

x 365 = 40,5515,000 per year.

Cost for inspections a nominal 805,475,000 a year at least.

before paperwork and office space.

But does Thailand have ONLY 100,000 Factories Using Chemicals?

Is a factory employing 25 people,

but using toxic and flammable toluene and blow torches inspect-able?

Or is it some arcane number to shave the budget like 100 employees and up?

Or only factories in approved Factory Parks going to be included in

"All Factories To Be Inspected Every 90 Days".

I agree, I was an Inspector in the UK. She is talking out some other orifice. It simply won't happen I was trained for 2 years with a P/G diploma before being set loose. Then we concentrated on serious issues. This country is simply a joke when it comes to safety. Lots of signs 'Safety first' then , on construction site, workers wandering around in flip flops. when it comes to high level hazards I'd stay well away

Like you I trained for many years as a Risk Engineer, this is never going to happen. The plant was shut down for maintenance so there is a very good chance that the cause will be hot working in saying that you can inspect one day and have a fire the next. The 'inspection' is only any good when you are actually there. Safety starts at the top and goes down but do you ever hear any directors accepting blame, never TIT.

Easy fix:

Make it compulsory for the main owners and people resposible for the safety at these estates to have their offices at these estates and compulsory to spend most of their time there. biggrin.png

Easy fix:

Make it compulsory for the main owners and people resposible for the safety at these estates to have their offices at these estates and compulsory to spend most of their time there. biggrin.png

The owners know how bad the pollution and how dangerous their facilities are. I don't see too many of them decamping from Bangkok to sit with the masses in Rayong.

I don't know? Who?

A Synthetic Rubber Baron?

Reads as BIG DONOR for the party of the moment in power.

ALL factories in Thailand will need to be "inspected" every 90 days.

Just using a rough figure of say 100,000 factories in Thailand,

1/4 is 25,000 divided by 90 days = 277.77 Inspections PER DAY.

Assuming it takes half a day and only one inspector is assigned,

that means 138.8 inspectors need to do 2 jobs every day, including travel.

Now lets look at 100,000 ever 90 days with an inspector and assistant.

1,111.1 inspections per day using 2,222 inspectors; head and assistant/witness.

or best case two locations per day 555.55 inspections PER DAY using

2,222 inspectors; head and assistant/witness.

Having paired inspectors minimises the easy of tea money changing hands,

and ability to cover larger places. Of course this will still happen,

and the TM swill move up the chain per usual.

OK say there are 2,222 what is their wage per month?

Say Minimum 15k costs 33,330,000 a month

or 399,960,000 million baht a year... not including car leasing

1,111 car fleet, gas 1,000 a day x 1111000 per day

x 365 = 40,5515,000 per year.

Cost for inspections a nominal 805,475,000 a year at least.

before paperwork and office space.

But does Thailand have ONLY 100,000 Factories Using Chemicals?

Is a factory employing 25 people,

but using toxic and flammable toluene and blow torches inspect-able?

Or is it some arcane number to shave the budget like 100 employees and up?

Or only factories in approved Factory Parks going to be included in

"All Factories To Be Inspected Every 90 Days".

100,000 is an absurd number. How odd no one has questioned you on it.

Easy fix:

This is what Dupont did in the last century (after a serious explosion I think). Managers were made to live on site. It concentrated their minds wonderfully and Dupont are a world leader in safe working. Most plants go for years without a lost time inury. And guess what? they are very profitable. The two go together. Efficient, safe working without losses of materials or personnel actually works. Don't tell this lot tho', they'll get confused, far better to import some more burmese labourers

Edited by msg362