Web Site Hosting? Or Server?

rogerdee123

I'm a normal literate user of the internet and have created web pages but have almost no knowledge of setting up website hostings, servers, security etc.

Basically I'm interested in a Bangkok based company/consultant who can tell me what options are available for :-

- setting up a website or server in bangkok that can be accessed securely by about 20-30 individuals. (contents would mostly be financial/accounting data)

- there would be various levels of access, i.e. 1-2 persons access and modify anything on the site.

- certain pages on the site where only 5-10 persons can access/view the pages

- 5-10 persons access everything on the site but allowed to modify only parts of the site

- 10-20 persons have access to entire site but can't modify anything

- some pages allowed to be copied/downloaded while other pages cannot

Any suggestions???

- setting up a website or server in bangkok that can be accessed securely by about 20-30 individuals. (contents would mostly be financial/accounting data)

Any suggestions???

in case of various users from diffrent companys should be best to have a own machine somewhere ...

the Thaivisa-mods beating pretty fast if someone post urls ...

just send me a email ... then i can give u a small list ;-)

well best thing is realy to have a machine controlled by yourself ...

setting up hosting and mailing and all that things is quite easy ...

and the securest way ...

well .. everythiung is a cost - factor

webhosting with good qaulity you can get for about 500 Baht already

a server is about 6000 ....

its abit math ...

well if you are interested to share the costs for a server ...

maybe we can come along ;-)

i suggest you contact some of the better, more responsive hosting services and present your sceanario to them

i use www.he.net and their customer support is excellent

http://www.thehostingchart.com may have some other good suggestions

i would not run a server from thailand without a very reliable connection (if that even exists here) and a very good UPS and redundant hardware

Edited by stevehaigh

Thanks Steve for the suggestion

Are you based in Bangkok or Europe? If in Bkk, do you find it easy to deal with H. E. ? via net? or phone?

Yes some others advise that setting up a server in Bkk would require very large investment in equipment and tech person monitoring on 24 hour basis.

If I could set up a reliable server for less than 10 grand (US$) with tech person available on-call (at reasonable rate) as needed, it would be workable for me.

But maybe hosting service is the better alternative. Are there any reliable alternatives in Bangkok?

For others reading this thread .... another question.

Would Singapore be a better option for setting up a server to handle something like this? My guess is IT infrastructure and reliability is better in Singapore but costs are higher.

Any ideas?

i suggest you contact some of the better, more responsive hosting services and present your sceanario to them

i use www.he.net and their customer support is excellent

http://www.thehostingchart.com may have some other good suggestions

i would not run a server from thailand without a very reliable connection (if that even exists here) and a very good UPS and redundant hardware