Uk Settlement Visa Application Waiting Times, Bangkok

The length of processing time has no bearing on the result of the application.

Issue or refuse; both take the same amount of time.

The major factor in processing time is how long it takes an application to actually reach the desk of an ECO; and this depends on how many applications have been submitted.

Apply at a quiet time and you will get the decision quickly; apply at a busy time, when all the student applications are being submitted for example, and you'll have to wait longer.

The major factor in processing time is how long it takes an application to actually reach the desk of an ECO; and this depends on how many applications have been submitted.

I wonder if they're just currently experiencing low numbers of applications. From having a backlog and saying 15 weeks not so long ago, we started seeing 6/7 week responses only last week and now instances of half that time. Throw in the fact that the Songkran holidays were in the mix and this seems a remarkable turnaround. Maybe they just got more staff. Either way, a welcome improvement and hopefully I'm not tempting fate saying that.....

TCA, I suspect that it's simply a drop in the number of applications; which usually seems to happen around this time of year. Although the new financial requirements may very well be a factor in reducing the number of settlement applications.

Whilst there are more applications coming in than going out the waiting time is naturally going to increase; but when the number of applications drops below the number being processed it wouldn't take them long to clear the backlog.

• Like 1

We just got the SMS notification that the passport can be collected from the Visa Center now. Mrs Munter is winging her way there now...

So even their 'after 2 business days' condition is realistically 1 business day...

Seems a lot of their waiting times have been cut shorter - bravo!

Really nervous now...

Congratulations MH. Great news. We got the email today but are having the docs and passport returned by courier. Just to prolong the agony!

Can anybody confirm how long the courier service takes from email stage? I guess location dependant but maybe a week? As our property rental expires shortly we played safe and requested docs sent to the inlaws in Surin.

Thanks MH. Another text and email in to say that the docs have been posted by EMS today (30th). My wife tells me no postal deliveries at the weekend so I guess Monday at the earliest. Back to waiting........

Thanks MH. Another text and email in to say that the docs have been posted by EMS today (30th). My wife tells me no postal deliveries at the weekend so I guess Monday at the earliest. Back to waiting........

I've had EMS deliveries on a Saturday before... I've even had DHL deliveries on a Sunday recently (that shocked me!).. but yeah, work on Monday or Tuesday smile.png

Thanks. But I'm guessing your in civilisation in or near Bangkok, if your wife could collect her passport so easily. We're talking deepest, darkest Isaan here! I understand the local postie only works Monday to Friday.

Thanks. But I'm guessing your in civilisation in or near Bangkok, if your wife could collect her passport so easily. We're talking deepest, darkest Isaan here! I understand the local postie only works Monday to Friday.

haha understood smile.png Well fingers crossed for you mate, i know how stressful and worrisome it can be waiting... Good Luck!
  • Like 1

I've had EMS deliveries on a Saturday before... I've even had DHL deliveries on a Sunday recently (that shocked me!).. but yeah, work on Monday or Tuesday smile.png

You were right MH. Saturday it was. Spouse visa duly received yesterday. Delighted but probably more relieved at this point in time. The timeline was as follows:

10th May: Application submitted
29th May: Email received that decision had been made
30th May: Email received to say documents despatched by courier
1st June: Passport with visa arrives by post
Visa is dated 28th May. A remarkable turnaround from the 12-15 weeks we were told to anticipate.
My sincere thanks go to all those who helped our application and best wishes and good luck to those awaiting the outcome of their own applications. Happy days!
  • Like 1

We applied for the settlement visa on the 18th of May and got the visa today, can't believe it has come so quick only 19 days!

Thanks for the help i have received from this forum much appreciated,good luck to all who are still waiting.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Are there any more recent experience of processing times ?

The published figures do show an improvement (April):

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/countries/thailand/processing-times/?langname=UK%20English#resultTableAnchor

However the latest news sections warns this is the busy season:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsarticles/2013/june/59-apply-thailand

Seems strange when a few settlement visas were being processed in three weeks only a few weeks ago. Guess it's patience and squeeky bum time again!

Indeed, but a few weeks before that it was 12 weeks. The UKBA have put a note on their website saying they are currently very busy, I went there last week and the place was heaving with students.

And as students have to be in the UK for the start of the academic year whereas spouses and family members (usually) have no specific date they must arrive by, guess who gets the priority.