Change In Vehicle Color

Today a police officer waved me over at a checkpoint in Bkk. I was fined B300 for not reporting an additional color to my vehicle. The vehicle is silver. I had the hood wrapped in black about six months ago.

10 minutes later, a police officer waved me over at another checkpoint and was going to give me a ticket for the same thing. I told him that I just paid a B300 fine and he let me go.

I did not know this, but any change in color to a vehicle has to be reported and updated in the Blue Book.

My question: How did the police officer know that the additional color had not been reported?

I have an acquaintance who has a Midnight Blue BMW. It is very rough, very faded and even has "<deleted> You" scratched on the side with a key.

A police man said the colour on the registration stated the car was blue when it was obviously black and that it must have been repainted. cheesy.gif

I have an acquaintance who has a Midnight Blue BMW. It is very rough, very faded and even has "<deleted> You" scratched on the side with a key.

A police man said the colour on the registration stated the car was blue when it was obviously black and that it must have been repainted. cheesy.gif

lol

I just returned from the Vehicle Registration Department. The Blue Book has been updated with the additional color. The process took one hour and costed B55.

There is no apparent way the officer knew the Blue Book had not been updated.

I made a photocopy of the update in the Blue Book and it'll be kept in the vehicle. It's probably the vehicle owner's responsibility to have proof of the update in the vehicle in case a police officer inquires about it.

Maybe you should have said you updated the blue book at the beginning.

The officer issued me the citation before I knew what the citation was for. I don't speak much Thai. I knew the officer was making reference to the color of my vehicle, but I couldn't understand the problem. I called my boss and had her speak to the officer. My boss then explained to me what the citation was for. The officer did not want to give me back my driver's license. My boss told me that I had to pay the citation first before I could get my license back. I was allowed to pay the citiation right there on the spot and then the officer gave my license back to me.

That's interesting.

How much different additional color is permitted before having to update the book?

What about go-faster stripes?????

smile.png

My guess is that go-faster stripes don't count..?? In my case, I changed an entire section of the vehicle....the hood.