Australia Loses Its Fizz

folium

‘Australia Loses Its Fizz’ ……………Really, when was that then?

Growing up as a child in England my farther, (a serviceman) told me of the great deeds the Australian servicemen did, and the sacrifices they endured in the name of a free world in the 2nd world war and this was confirmed by the comics I read; ‘Commando’ and other such books……I really looked up to the Australian people as a nation. I’m not just saying this …I looked up to you guys!

Sorry, but having meet numerous ‘ambassadors’ for the country over my adult years, both in the armed services and here in Thailand………………….I now find it difficult to like Australians, I’m not trying to pick a fight…but that’s how it is. I’m sorry, but I now think Australians can drip for gold.

Does winging about winging Brits make you right because you WINGED first……….About…..Winging Brits?

Australians…..Sorry, but you, in the main come across as trying why too hard to be accepted as an equal, or my better…………………….You where more than my equal, before you started bumping your gums………………..But not so much now.

Personally, I like most Australians. They usually have the gift of gab.

Personally, I beginning to like Ulysses G. He has a fine taste for Culture ... thumbsup.gif ... and he still likes us Aussies anyway!

What's Tonto on about?......... They haven't takin into consideration the number of blokes who brew there own....I use to untill Pure Blonde came along and that's a beer for you brits.

Another thing they haven't considered is how successful the drink drive ads have been....

Growing up as a child in England my farther, (a serviceman) told me of the great deeds the Australian servicemen did, and the sacrifices they endured in the name of a free world in the 2nd world war and this was confirmed by the comics I read; ‘Commando’ and other such books……I really looked up to the Australian people as a nation. I’m not just saying this …I looked up to you guys!

Sorry, but having meet numerous ‘ambassadors’ for the country over my adult years, both in the armed services and here in Thailand………………….I now find it difficult to like Australians, I’m not trying to pick a fight…but that’s how it is. I’m sorry, but I now think Australians can drip for gold.

Does winging about winging Brits make you right because you WINGED first……….About…..Winging Brits?

Australians…..Sorry, but you, in the main come across as trying why too hard to be accepted as an equal, or my better…………………….You where more than my equal, before you started bumping your gums………………..But not so much now.

WOW you narrowed Australia down to ex servicemen and people living in Thailand.....broaden your horizons a little.....Australia is a great country with honest and salt of the earth people.....
  • Like 1

Not even worthy of a replyclap2.gif

I think oz wine is much better than it's beer... maybe why the tastes are changing, but on a 40 degree day ? beer.

Well the beer is so damned expensive which could be a reason people are turning to wines or self brew.

Having said that there are some excellent boutique breweries around which produce award winning beers.

I love Australian wines and in the main its very affordable.

cheesy.gif ...... are you short ?? ...us Aussies always wing it...on a wing and a prayer is how we roll.....looks like we do not have to try too hard to be better.

I would like to apologise for being Australian and being so bloody good.

I find I take people as I meet them, I'm an Aussie, but worked for many years in Blighty. Made some great lifelong friends over there.

Yes I have seen some very ugly big mouth Aussies when I went to Thailand. They seem even more cringe worthy when they are your countrymen.

But met some great Aussies there too.

Judge people as individuals, on how they interact with you, I find the best policy.

I had a bit of an Issue with Indian people from my business dealings with them here in Australia. They are such tight <deleted> in general, trying to wring every last dollar out if every deal..

But I have also met some wonderfully friendly decent Indians as well here.

Stereotyping is a bad thing, take people on face value I find.

My 2 satang.

I have to agree with your point of view, I am a proud Aussie living in Thailand, I am also an ex-serviceman having served in the navy for almost fifteen years, I am also the fourth generation to go to war under the Australian flag, in my time in the navy I met alot of different people from alot of different countries and I simply cannot steriotype any of them, there are yobbos and gentlemen in every culture, and every degree between, I now do not drink alcohol as a general rule (I drank enough to last a lifetime in the service) except for an occasional tittle. If you to turn a gentlemen into a yobbo just add a mix of alcohols, from what I observed in my time in the service the combination is usually beer followed by rum, but its different for each person. Is Australia going off beer, off the commercially made beer yes, but more boutique beers are being purchassed and more home brews are being made, I think the big brewers are pricing themselves out of themselves out of the market, I don't know if the foreign interest and/or ownership has to do with the increased prices.

We learn to spell in OZ schools.
  • Like 1

I hope you are not whinging winging!tongue.png

XXXX = beer, well it does around these parts come State of Origin times!

I think the Mod was going to shut this down then forgot to click the locked button.

Play conduct an informed intellectual debate while we can.