New Rimping Market Rumor?

highonthai

Anyone hear the rumor that a new Rimping will open at the 121 & Ratchapruek intersection?

I remember the rumor about one opening on the east end of Ratchapruek road, but that never happend.

Anyone heard anything?

Capture.JPG

Some things at Rimping are actually cheaper than even at Tesco or Big C. Really strange.

Not strange at all - every store operates business like that.......it's their drawing card and once you're in they hope you will buy all that you want in their store.

Some things at Rimping are actually cheaper than even at Tesco or Big C. Really strange.

Yes, ~ 5% cheaper than competitors for most imported foodstuffs. Quality of fresh produce is excellent - pork and chicken appears to come from Betagro, of which there's a small factory outlet shop on Suthep road, opposite Faculty of Pharmacy. Betagro pork belly @ ~ 120Bt/kg !

Not strange at all - every store operates business like that.......it's their drawing card and once you're in they hope you will buy all that you want in their store.

Ah. But it's for items that aren't really advertised, and it's been like that for those items for months. You're probably right though, even though it doesn't work on me. I go in, buy Yogurt, G&M smoked ham and/or sausages, and Nan baby formula and I'm out of there again. wink.png

EDIT: Ok, I occasionally fall for the world class coffee at Tom's. Don't tell anyone.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Yes, ~ 5% cheaper than competitors for most imported foodstuffs. Quality of fresh produce is excellent - pork and chicken appears to come from Betagro, of which there's a small factory outlet shop on Suthep road, opposite Faculty of Pharmacy. Betagro pork belly @ ~ 120Bt/kg !

this outlet shop is very near where I live, thanks for the info.

Well, if one subtracts the typical 92% fat content, what's the cost for nutrition?

I might be wrong, but it seems to me that Rimping is constantly re-evaluating its product line. As who would not, looking for shelf space measurements compared to profit? So, some "bargains" have disappeared on me, while a number of items (fat-free milk) are as inexpensive at 7-11. But while 7-11's also have powerful aircon, they don't play Mozart. Thus Rimping is the place to shop, and at the North store, a large open market augments the pleasure of shopping for vegetables and fruit.

Edited by CMX

Not really.

That's called "Good Marketing"

I'm too lazy to explain how that works. But it's a well known practice and working out excellent for Rimping.

Personally, I don't like the whole concept of supermarkets anyway,.... especially not those who have a few guys named "fruit polisher" on the payroll and I'm immune to most of their sales tricks.

They only offer a handful of products that's really NOT available anywhere else so if I really need one of those, I walk in, buy the thing and walk out. Most other stuff you can find in local places and a lot cheaper as well.

• Like 1

Personally, I don't like the whole concept of supermarkets anyway,.... especially not those who have a few guys named "fruit polisher" on the payroll and I'm immune to most of their sales tricks.

They only offer a handful of products that's really NOT available anywhere else so if I really need one of those, I walk in, buy the thing and walk out. Most other stuff you can find in local places and a lot cheaper as well.

Well said - I think they use Turtle Super Shine car wax.......but people do believe fruit really looks like that.

• Like 2

There is a new Rimping opening at the new "Living Mall" being built right before the court house on the first ring road. McDonald's is opening there also. McDonald's wants to open in August. I think the Rimping is scheduled for a few months later.