Warning Points Showing Below My Avatar When I Post

theblether

I see after todays maintenance warning points are showing below my avatar when I post, I have 4, which is a mystery to me as I was only aware of having one. I have emailed forum support for an explanation as to why I have 4 points so that is not the issue here.

So setting that to the side, what is the point of this new feature? I regard it as deeply irritating.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am worried that it will encourage certain members to try to WIN more warning points (and hence mis-behave)

If the control room has the data, it is probably worth checking if this adjustment causes an increase in warnings

For the record, with regards to warning points, I am still on a duck

• Like 1

I wasn't aware I had any warnings. I don't recall receiving any. Aren't you supposed to be notified when that happens? When I click on "more details" to the warning, nothing happens. And now thaivisa seems to not be displaying properly either. Both my profile and the list of forums looks like a term paper outline.

Edited by NomadJoe

Can you or one of the Admin guys (non-gender specific) please explain how the system works?

I read the posts above, and have a small understanding of the system, but we need more information if we are going to be long life posters here.

For example ...

A newbie poster goes wild and gets banned within 3 months

An ole' timer ... not mentioning who recently posted ... whistling.gif ... which a good track record, but picks up an occasional speeding fine, over the years loses his/her licence to post.

Do the warning points have a lifespan?

For example, they would expire 1 year after being issued.

Not that you start with a clean slate at the beginning of every year but as the points are 1 year old they are removed from your total.

With the fear of accumulating my first points, I will stop there.

Edited by David48

The points are 100 percent persistent. sick.gif

There is no reset.

considering by the number of posts you have and you have never logged out of Thaivisa since it started, your score is low ( maybe you have amensty over certain posts made? )

The points are 100 percent persistent. sick.gif

There is no reset.

But you've been clean for the last year at least JT...I was yer parole officer! biggrin.png

Once a con, always a con ...cool.png

I put a good word in as well...sad.png

For example, this post was closed down very quickly ... www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/553862-are-thai-girls-different-from-their-western-counterparts/

And from a Mod's perspective ... I can understand why.

Did that post earn a warning point?

EDIT:_ for some reason the above link did not 'hotlink' ... something to do with last night's maintenance?

Edited by David48

I heard a rumor, try to get as much "Likes" as possible, that means quality posts, and you will soon see other more interesting metrics showing up to be counted towards your total score :P

Don't worry so much about the past, think tomorrow or next year.

I heard a rumor, try to get as much "Likes" as possible, that means quality posts, and you will soon see other more interesting metrics showing up to be counted towards your total score tongue.png

Don't worry so much about the past, think tomorrow or next year.

I have 413 likes.....doesn't seem to be doing me much good here though. sad.png

Just sayin....!

• Like 1

You do realise that you're the only one that can see your own points?

I came to that conclusion after thinking "shit I'm the only bugger on here with any points" considering some of the care in the community cases that do post on here.

clap2.gif Brilliant!

• Like 1