German Stabs Udon Thani Girlfriend 17 Times To Death

webfact

Was also reading an Udon Thani expat message board where one poster reported the story was being discussed on a Thai message board by Thais. 'Som nam na' came up there quite a lot apparently.

Don't know how widespread this sentiment is though.

Class society, so many people look down upon their poorer fellow Thais that whatever hardship or tragedy falls upon them it is met with "Som nam na".

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I told the story to my Thai wife and got a surprising answer, she told me that it was the ladies fault. The lady should have been happy with one farang boyfriend.

Mine said exactly the same

I saw something similar in a Thai online newspaper article on the story. The headline was something like:

Caught chatting to another man...German stabs woman to death in a jealous rage

At the end of the story was a poll with the question:

Do you like this news?

Somewhat surprisingly 78% liked it vs. 22% who didn't which would seem to indicate there was some sympathy with the cuckolded German among the Thai readers.

Was also reading an Udon Thani expat message board where one poster reported the story was being discussed on a Thai message board by Thais. 'Som nam na' came up there quite a lot apparently.

I wonder if rapists, murderers and child molesters in prison make themselves feel better and normal by reminding each other there are others around them that hold similar yet clearly warped views.

i agree if she was trying to get many boyfriends to pay her debts,then she does deserve to be punished.but this is maybe abit too much.does the photo look like the first one on this thread

Edited by bristolgeoff

i agree if she was trying to get many boyfriends to pay her debts,then she does deserve to be punished.but this is maybe abit too much

She had 1,000,000 in the bank ... sold a house 2mnths ago and did not need support! ... Liked younger males ... pretty much like a lot of old men here and had the money.... Jealous on/off boyfriend and things went a bit too far....

i agree if she was trying to get many boyfriends to pay her debts,then she does deserve to be punished.but this is maybe abit too much

how about if a man gets many girlfriends just to use them for sex ,does he deserve to be punished or stabbed is a bit much?

Unbelievable.

Clearly this guy is not the sharpest tool in the shed. Am I to understand he didn't ditch his car, the one witnesses saw him flee in ... not to mention shaving his untanned head to make sure he stood out more and caught even more people's attention as a westerner in a country full of Asians. Had he ditched his car and simply cut and or died his hair, he could have easily made it out of Thailand or simply relocated within Thailand and lived free for many years if he had access to funds.

It is amazing given the lack of resources the police have to catch fugitives that they were able to nab this guy so quickly. Not only a violent predator but clearly also not too bright and didn't learn much in his time in jail in Germany.

Clearly this guy is not the sharpest tool in the shed. Am I to understand he didn't ditch his car, the one witnesses saw him flee in ... not to mention shaving his untanned head to make sure he stood out more and caught even more people's attention as a westerner in a country full of Asians. Had he ditched his car and simply cut and or died his hair, he could have easily made it out of Thailand or simply relocated within Thailand and lived free for many years if he had access to funds.

It is amazing given the lack of resources the police have to catch fugitives that they were able to nab this guy so quickly. Not only a violent predator but clearly also not too bright and didn't learn much in his time in jail in Germany.

He left the car in Udon after an accident and fled on foot ... within the next 24hrs he had shaved of his long black hair and pony tail and changed from a goatee to a small beard .... Then got caught in KK (Khon Kaen)

as you say "read the thread' all speculation with nothing based on facts!!

You asked the specific question 'who says it was a pick-up joint?'

I pointed you in the direction of earlier posts. If you took the time to read them you'll find posts from people that know the place personally, and they state it is one.

Admittedly, many things posted here are circumstantial, but please take your head out of the sand on the bar issue.

(Let me add on to this post the fact I do not condone this guy's actions in any way, shape or form)

I too know of the place and where its located (I live there). I certainly wouldnt class it as a pick up joint, sure, the shop is located by those type of bars (Day & Night bar area and far more favourable 'pick up joints') and some girls do use use the internet there, that said its main purpose is that of internet and cafe. I believe that is what she was doing when she was so brutally murdered.

rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

What was that saying in Forrest Gump this guy reminds me of it A LOT

DK

as you say "read the thread' all speculation with nothing based on facts!!

You asked the specific question 'who says it was a pick-up joint?'

I pointed you in the direction of earlier posts. If you took the time to read them you'll find posts from people that know the place personally, and they state it is one.

Admittedly, many things posted here are circumstantial, but please take your head out of the sand on the bar issue.

(Let me add on to this post the fact I do not condone this guy's actions in any way, shape or form)

I too know of the place and where its located (I live there). I certainly wouldnt class it as a pick up joint, sure, the shop is located by those type of bars (Day & Night bar area and far more favourable 'pick up joints') and some girls do use use the internet there, that said its main purpose is that of internet and cafe. I believe that is what she was doing when she was so brutally murdered.

rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif What was it that Forrest Gump Mom used to like to say ??? this guy reminds me a lot of that saying

DK

Class society, so many people look down upon their poorer fellow Thais that whatever hardship or tragedy falls upon them it is met with "Som nam na".

Why did you use my ID with that? I never posted that. It was posted on Tafia post # 381

Women should support themselves, problem solved.

What problem is that? The problem of violent and abusive people who murder when they don't get their way or cannot control another person?

Would she have been with him if he had not given her money and had she not needed the money because she was supporting herself?

She had 1,000,000 in the bank ... sold a house 2mnths ago and did not need support! ... Liked younger males ... pretty much like a lot of old men here and had the money.... Jealous on/off boyfriend and things went a bit too far....

Bet it was not her house (meaning she did not pay for it

working facebook for a new one

DK

DK

Someone posted a previous husband bought it for her and if she was so well off, why did she need 60,000 baht from the German to pay off her bills?

I've deleted some insensitive, off topic, and even vile remarks. Some people who suggested that the girl deserved it, that it's ok in certain circumstances to hit a woman, or that there is a bright side to her being killed are now either on long suspensions, permanent bans, or are in the process of getting them.

• Like 1

Clearly this guy is not the sharpest tool in the shed. Am I to understand he didn't ditch his car, the one witnesses saw him flee in ...

He did ditch his car after a blow out - a tyre burst.

It is amazing given the lack of resources the police have to catch fugitives that they were able to nab this guy so quickly...

Actually the Thai police can be quite efficient when it's not a hiso or politician.

They caught him within 24 hours. I read he had checked into a guest house in Khon Khaen and presumably had to register there.

the whole problem is there is no education in this country no morals, no loyalty,selfish and inconsiderate. the key is education, maybe thaksin will sort it out ha ha ha

You do mean Germany right?

Oh just a bit huh, liars conning fools out of money should be punished just slightly less than being brutally stabbed to death? So a clean slit of the throat, that would be fair eh? Sick. . .

Sorry, but yes ,there was a fact in my reply. She was stabbed in a bar known for being a pick-up joint.

And 'nice' girls don't go to those sorts of places. I would say that is pretty much a fact.

And who are we here on TV to speak ill of the dead. So what if she doesn't meet **your** criteria as a 'nice' girl, that has nothing at all to do with the topic, which is to express sorrow at her brutal murder and either anger or pity at the wacko who did it.

Maybe she was scamming dozens of guys and sleeping with ten every day, so what, has nothing to do with her unfortunate death.

No one decent here cares about anyone's detective theories or speculation as to how bad the victim was, I wish the mods would just shut this thread down!

• Like 2

The owner of the house is the person on the deed, whoever paid for it was giving her an outright gift, you should know that. Whatever the deal between her and the donor was between them and none of our business, and certainly not now that she's been murdered.

Poor girl. RIP and best to her family.

To all readers, yes so the girl was messing around, what else is new? We are in Thailand and it happens with most girls (and guys). No need to stab them or get upset. Just walk away and try the next one. If farangs kill every Thai that cheats on them there will be very few Thais left for dating farangs.

So don't go bashing the girl and remember most farangs also cheat on their Thai partner.

I must be living in another world. My wife and I don't know anyone in Thailand who is "messing around", and we have a wide circle of friends. I doubt infidelity happens much more in Thailand than any western country.

The more common observation in this thread is that the girl was murdered because she was cheating on her boyfriend. I submit a different opinion: the girl was murdered because her boyfriend has an anger management problem. Don't get me wrong, I don't condone infidelity and I too would be extremely angry, hurt, cheated, and disappointed if it happened to me. But as quoted above, just walk away, move on, and find a new love in life. I would have happily let this girl become another man's problem.

• Like 1