Happy Hours

Hi again.

Yet another piece of serious research . . . b-wink.gif

The usual happy hour format is designed to entice folks to turn up when there's the best chance that they'll stop for more and even stay for a meal too, as the island has far more restaurants than bars. So the usual sort of timing is 6pm to 8 pm, or round this period.

And every one here on Samui seems to be a toofer - buy one get one free.

Then - to keep costs down - there's often limitations, like 'only on cocktails and local beers'.

It's unfair to compare us to Pattaya, as that's 95% bars, and if you work it right you can always find a bar that's having a 'birthday party' and eat free as well as drinking at half price . . .

Anybody know of an good happy hours around the island - really long happy hours or ones where everything on the drinks list is twoferised? Or even a better alternative to buy one get one free . . . ?

Cheers!

R

There was I really great website back in Oz, that listed the details of heaps of happy hours around Melbourne. They had a smartphone app, that would located close by happy hours based on your location. I've actually wondered if something like that would have legs here in Samui...

Edit: http://www.thehappiesthour.com/

Edited by jamesbrock

There was I really great website back in Oz, that listed the details of heaps of happy hours around Melbourne. They had a smartphone app, that would located close by happy hours based on your location. I've actually wondered if something like that would have legs here in Samui...

Edit: http://www.thehappiesthour.com/

No it wouldn't!

That's a part of what I'm realising. You need to have hundreds of bars and clubs all in competition with each other - Samui don't got that. It's all restaurant-based and there just ain't enough bars for it to work - with the exception of maybe Soi Reggae. Like I said, Pattaya's a different kettle of tuna . . .

R

My house, FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

intheclub.gif

Do you do a free pick up and return service?

R

i,m in where do you live?

Just round the corner, Dave! I might pop in cos I need a haircut.

erm . . . he he he . . . explain later!

R

are happy hours legal in that region, the police clampped down up in nong khai a few months back no happy ours as it was promotion of alcahol and that is illegal also condoms with beer logos and umbrellas with logos where a no go

are happy hours legal in that region, the police clampped down up in nong khai a few months back no happy ours as it was promotion of alcahol and that is illegal also condoms with beer logos and umbrellas with logos where a no go

Large venues play loud house music until 6 AM here, everything goes.

My house, FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

intheclub.gif

ill be round at the end of the month then Rooo !

Dunno where you are going to park your bike ........ going to be pretty busy.biggrin.png

Sorry, but we do have establishments that sponsor this forum. I really do not see the purpose of giving other venues a free plug.

Closed.

Please contact Rob via PM with any suggestions to help with his research.