Thailand Needs Cricket

Before BookMan returns to the crease, I would like to discuss one more issue.

What if the attempt, despite our good efforts Thailand decides that it really doesn't need nor want Cricket?

What would be the outcome then?

They experimented, they embraced, enjoyed then ultimately rejected the game (there's a metaphor in there kevjohn) ... whistling.gif

So what would Thailand do with these new found skills and now unusable equipment?

post-104736-0-51639200-1340658575_thumb.

Would it look like this?

EDIT:- Nice to see a healthy buffalo at work!

I don't think the Thais would stop loving their cricket especially when they learn the other benefits

from having all this cricket equipment.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It seems that play has been stopped for a while due to ice in australia and the usual weather in the UK.

You better believe it harry. If it gets any colder here in Sydney I'll have to bring the brass monkeys inside......smile.png

It seems that play has been stopped for a while due to ice in australia and the usual weather in the UK.

You better believe it harry. If it gets any colder here in Sydney I'll have to bring the brass monkeys inside......smile.png

A good cup of cricket coffee will warm you up

A good cup of cricket coffee will warm you up

I've got the Cricket Coffee with the 43? beans and the cucumber sandwich, but it's too cold for the crickets.

They jump off the sandwich and hide before I get the top slice of bread on.

I did try to putting some in microwave to warm em up but they all burnt.

If Thailand had cricket it could give people something to watch as they persue their prefered method of retirement like that of this person.

I've often been asked, 'What do you do now that you're retired?'

Well...I'm fortunate to have a chemical engineering background and one of the things I enjoy most is converting beer, wine and whisky into urine.

It's rewarding, uplifting, satisfying and fulfilling. I do it every day and I really enjoy it."

If Thailand had cricket it could give people something to watch as they persue their prefered method of retirement like that of this person.

Well...I'm fortunate to have a chemical engineering background and one of the things I enjoy most is converting beer, wine and whisky into urine.

It's rewarding, uplifting, satisfying and fulfilling. I do it every day and I really enjoy it."

You do better than me. I can only convert "Cricket" coffee with the 43? beans.....but I can do it fairly regularly.

You do better than me. I can only convert "Cricket" coffee with the 43? beans.....but I can do it fairly regularly.

No it isn't me

my conversion is on the Aribica beans grown in the the hights of Doi Luang. Picked by dusky vestal virgins and roasted to the complextion of an Issan maiden.

No it isn't me

my conversion is on the Aribica beans grown in the the hights of Doi Luang. Picked by dusky vestal virgins and roasted to the complextion of an Issan maiden.

I pick mine from the shelf in the supermarket. That explains why mine doesn't have the same flavor as yours.

Edited by kevjohn

No it isn't me

I pick mine from the shelf in the supermarket. That explains why mine doesn't have the same flavor as yours.

That's grand that you pick your own coffee

Getting back on topic, I find too much coffee gives me the runs

SC

TV Cricket

The Team with two knees

No it isn't me

SC

TV Cricket

The Team with two knees

great....we need runs in cricket....that is half the idea of the game.

No it isn't me

SC

TV Cricket

The Team with two knees

Good ta see our driver back. Did you bring some of the team?

Only way Harry and I could keep adding runs was over a cup of coffee.

Need to get some more team members back into play.

I'll go out cruising in the Roller and see who I can see... so long as KK doesn't see me; I've been lying low since that business with his beamer

SC

TV Cricket

We'll drive your bats

No it isn't me

SC

TV Cricket

The Team with two knees

+1

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

I do the same with Red Fanta

I'll go out cruising in the Roller and see who I can see... so long as KK doesn't see me; I've been lying low since that business with his beamer

SC

TV Cricket

We'll drive your bats

How will KK see ya if ya cruising in the Roller?

Don't ya keep the blinds down?

The UK weather is in Bangkok today... miserable... not much chance of any play here today

Before BookMan returns to the crease, I would like to discuss one more issue.

What if the attempt, despite our good efforts Thailand decides that it really doesn't need nor want Cricket?

What would be the outcome then?

They experimented, they embraced, enjoyed then ultimately rejected the game (there's a metaphor in there kevjohn) ... whistling.gif

So what would Thailand do with these new found skills and now unusable equipment?

post-104736-0-51639200-1340658575_thumb.

Would it look like this?

EDIT:- Nice to see a healthy buffalo at work!

Great photo... obviously there will be some resistance to cricket but eventually (by 2042) the Thai people will be fully in love with cricket and wouldn't dream of using their balls for anything else.

As the Thai people are so good at recycling, I do think they will re-use old cricket equipment for other purposes... wearing an old cricket helmet while riding a motorbike is safer than not wearing any helmet.

The UK weather is in Bangkok today... miserable... not much chance of any play here today

Does this mean that there will be a dramatic increase, in nine months time, of the number of Bangkok's future Cheer Leaders and Cricket players?

Should be right on cue for 2042.

Edited by kevjohn

Oh ... brit1984 ... speaking such wondrous events ... an update please on the state of play with the Missus and the future opening bat for Thailand please?

post-104736-0-46742800-1340711319_thumb. . post-104736-0-60563600-1340711317_thumb.

I'm working on a few photos so give me a minute or two.

Oh ... brit1984 ... speaking such wondrous events ... an update please on the state of play with the Missus and the future opening bat for Thailand please?

post-104736-0-46742800-1340711319_thumb. . post-104736-0-60563600-1340711317_thumb.

I'm working on a few photos so give me a minute or two.

The new batsman should be out of the pavilion in about 6 weeks. He is just getting padded up. The pavilion is doing fine as well, although some repair work may be needed later in the year.