Thailand Needs Cricket

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

She has carpet burn on her elbow , which is surprising...

The batsman should always wait until the ball has left the bowler's hand before making assumptions on line and length...

and you should always be ready to take advantage of a wayward one.

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

Edited by brit1984

The batsman should always wait until the ball has left the bowler's hand before making assumptions on line and length...

But be aware that there is a good possibilty of getting caught out by a wayward one if your defence is not strong enough..

Of course i was stirring a bit...I actually do love my cricket. thumbsup.gif

nothing like a close fought test.

But..I'd like to see 4 day tests, with an hour extra play per day, and with higher over rates. Perhaps two substitute players. One for the fielding and one substitute bowler, who could maybe bowl 10 overs an innings.

I want Timeless Tests back

I want restricted licensing hours back.....There was NOTHING like a Sunday afternoon in the beer tent when the pubs shut at 2pm......

I want kevjohn to find room in the cheer squad for this new recruit

post-104736-0-12523900-1337408161_thumb.

EDIT:- Do click on the photo!

ooops let out a smelly somtam burp there.....

She's a bit of a Burpa isn't she....( cross between a bouncer and a Ghurka...a ball that is bowled short and pounces high and cuts yer head off)

Edited by plopmeister

But be aware that there is a good possibilty of getting caught out by a wayward one if your defence is not strong enough..

The key is not to go after it... wait for it to come to you... and don't hit it until you are in the right position

Now that the pigeons have returned, I would like to respond to these excellent replies.

Because of my slow ISP Pigeon Courier I will note each post, and then, my reply...smile.png

Since MissFarmGirl’s post 485, there has been a flurry of replies. What a difference a Lady makes......clap2.gif

Now Boss. Re post #503, I think that if you take into account the time that we have been involved with this topic, you would have to agree that there is now, no restriction to the time it takes to play this noble game.wink.png

David48….I will give my utmost consideration to your request, re post #507, but there is many more young ladies before her.wink.png

Necronx99…..Re post #509…You must have 20/20 vision. Excellent….You don’t happen to x ray as well do you? rolleyes.gif

BookMan….Re post #510 You bring up an interesting point here. Maybe we could utilize them as our back up squad.thumbsup.gif

Plopmiester Re post #511 ……..I’m am sure our cheer squads would prefer, that mode of transport but, I will have to ask streetcowboy to arrange the extra drivers. Maybe someone here would like to put their hand up. rolleyes.gif

And last but not least…The Boss re post #515. You make a good point there….I think....sad.png

Edited by kevjohn

Now that the pigeons have returned, I would like to respond to these excellent replies.

Because of my slow ISP Pigeon Courier I will note each post, and then, my reply...smile.png

Plopmiester Re post #511 ……..I’m am sure our cheer squads would prefer, that mode of transport but, I will have to ask streetcowboy to arrange the extra drivers. Maybe someone here would like to put their hand up. rolleyes.gif

I have an eeten...which I am sure Farm Girl will brief you on.....I even have an England flag painted on the front..but really it is only suitable for short journeys to and from the beer tent...

EDIT = Our very own TV has a thread on etens...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/466694-thai-farm-trucks/

Edited by plopmeister

I have an eeten...which I am sure Farm Girl will brief you on.....I even have an England flag painted on the front..but really it is only suitable for short journeys to and from the beer tent...

http://www.thaivisa....ai-farm-trucks/

Just so that kevjohn can make some basic calculations on load and pulling capacity, is yours a 10 hp or 14 hp and is it a twin belt?

Is it a shaded bay or do the ladies need to supply their own umbrellas?

Since MissFarmGirl’s post 485, there has been a flurry of replies. What a difference a Lady makes......clap2.gif

Now Boss. Re post #503, I think that if you take into account the time that we have been involved with this topic, you would have to agree that there is now, no restriction to the time it takes to play this noble game.wink.png

David48….I will give my utmost consideration to your request, re post #507, but there is many more young ladies before her.wink.png

Necronx99…..Re post #509…You must have 20/20 vision. Excellent….You don’t happen to x ray as well do you? rolleyes.gif

BookMan….Re post #510 You bring up an interesting point here. Maybe we could utilize them as our back up squad.thumbsup.gif

And last but not least…The Boss re post #515. You make a good point there….I think....sad.png

Some excellent replies, thanks kev and john

yes.... I have followed that topic.......and really......They do do away with the need for air conditioners.wink.png

Just so that kevjohn can make some basic calculations on load and pulling capacity, is yours a 10 hp or 14 hp and is it a twin belt?

Davi48... thanks for making me aware of the different hp ratings.wai.gif

If it is only, our Thai cheer squad ladies, utilizing the etens then the 10hp would be OK thumbsup.gif

but...... if we, the team members are going to make use of these airconditioned etens, then maybe the 14hp would be a good idear.sad.png

PS those etens used by the team members would also require twin belt.smile.png

Edit to enter PS

Edited by kevjohn

Mate, if you need additional transport capacty, I can offer up the following ...

post-104736-0-40075800-1337422718_thumb.

Complete with driver and will have the vehicle detailed as to remove the dead fish smell (no extra charge).

Mate, if you need additional transport capacty, I can offer up the following ...

Complete with driver and will have the vehicle detailed as to remove the dead fish smell (no extra charge).

Save yourself the time on that detailing job re removing the dead fish smell

I don’t think it would worry our Thai members and 99.9% of the other members would think they were in heaven.....cheesy.gif

Not quite sure what an hp is in the pulling power calculations but mine goes whenever I turn it on.....

yes.... I have followed that topic.......and really......They do do away with the need for air conditioners.wink.png

Mine has a completely open engine block between driver and passenger so is already air cooled....but to drive it you need to be very comfortable splaying your legs around the steering wheel whilst at the same time allowing your knees to touch your ears...

...May I suggest that a cheer leader be selected to drive...

Not quite sure what an hp is in the pulling power calculations but mine goes whenever I turn it on.....

No need to worry about the pulling power........any problems... then we can call on the push.whistling.gif

And re your last post yes I do think that a cheer leader should drive.clap2.gif

I thought that umbrellas were part of the uniform.......( OMG just had thoughts of The Stormer's weather girls - but cos its Rugger I will desist)

Save yourself the time on that detailing job re removing the dead fish smell

I don’t think it would worry our Thai members and 99.9% of the other members would think they were in heaven.....cheesy.gif

Great option. Having it double as the drinks cart was a terrific idea!

Cricket brings love to the world

England are doing rather well at the moment. smile.png

Sorry....offtopic2.gif

7 wickets to Stuart Broad. Quite an effort.

I rather like our stats 528 for no wickets

Super effort so far chaps!

No need to worry about the pulling power........any problems... then we can call on the push.whistling.gif

Surely you are not suggesting that our cheer leaders should have to bend over in short skirts and high heels and push do you? I think they should be up front and pulling us all....

Surely you are not suggesting that our cheer leaders should have to bend over in short skirts and high heels and push do you? I think they should be up front and pulling us all....

How about "Push......Pull.....Push.....Pull....Push...Pull..Push.Pull"....sad.png

Super effort so far chaps!

and again a round of applause for the Umpires allowing the game to continue despite a few balls that were near the knuckle..

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Yeah..... Have to agree with you on that.......clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

If anyone is just joining this thread, please don't be shy to participate... if you are feeling particularly brave, I challenge you to identify a problem with Thailand that cannot be fixed by cricket...

If anyone is just joining this thread, please don't be shy to participate... if you are feeling particularly brave, I challenge you to identify a problem with Thailand that cannot be fixed by cricket...

Problem: Som Tam Issan style (with crabs and fermented fish things)..

Yep Jonno has had his cake and eten it so let's move on..

How can cricket stop the sun shining when it reaches 40 degrees and stop the rain falling when it reaches 40 inches....