Thailand Needs Cricket

Maybe members would like to remind us of some of the problems / imperfections they have noticed in Thailand and other members (or maybe just me) can explain how cricket could be used to combat such issues

What problems do you see in modern day Thailand?

"Up to you"

Who is 1st and 2nd Batsmen? Up to you

Who is our medium fast bowler? Up to you

And so on. smile.png

The "up to you" attitude would be solved by the instant decision making (and clear communication of your view) required to survive when running between the wicket.

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does Thailand have any other imperfections?

I find people walking with the traffic happening a lot in Thailand.

Now, how do we solve this one with a game of cricket? ermm.gif

Edited by kevjohn

I suggest that you would get much more of an uptake if you organised a motorcycle polo tournament. It involves no walking/running, can have fighting and would allow the display of manhood by driving a motorcycle like a moron etc

As I mentioned in the introduction to this thread, cricket could lead to a greater awareness of health and safety issues

Anyone who has felt, or seen, the pain that can be caused by a small cricket ball (and the lack of pain when wearing pads or helmet) will understand why health and safety matters

I suggest that you would get much more of an uptake if you organised a motorcycle polo tournament. It involves no walking/running, can have fighting and would allow the display of manhood by driving a motorcycle like a moron etc

Thanks for your constructive (and quite hilarious) input

My end goal is not for cricket to be popular; I am looking beyond that at improving Thailand (through cricket)

Just pick at the seam and the BIB will give you new balls

Chucks? Chucks! You're not by any chance referring to the great Muralitharan (knocks Shane Warne into a cocked hat)? You must be an Aussie!

I am refering to Malinga the slinga

Splendid to watch, though I should think, horrific to play against. A flurry of arms and legs, and the ball comes at you from somewhere near square leg.

The Aussies did complain about Murali, because they couldn't play him. But I am surprised Malinga's action is allowed, maybe because he only plays in ODIs and T20s (an injury problem),

My end goal is not for cricket to be popular; I am looking beyond that at improving Thailand (through cricket)

\

Simple, Brit. Cricket is a team game where the objectives have to kept in mind for a relatively long period (not so much instant gratification as soccer). I exclude T20, as it's just not cricket. Thais need to be able to think ahead more.

Chucks? Chucks! You're not by any chance referring to the great Muralitharan (knocks Shane Warne into a cocked hat)? You must be an Aussie!

I am refering to Malinga the slinga

Splendid to watch, though I should think, horrific to play against. A flurry of arms and legs, and the ball comes at you from somewhere near square leg.

The Aussies did complain about Murali, because they couldn't play him. But I am surprised Malinga's action is allowed, maybe because he only plays in ODIs and T20s (an injury problem),

In my opinion, Murali was, and Malinga is, a thrower. In both cases, there is too much elbow involved (IMHO).

The discussion of such issues, by those who follow cricket, shows an attention to detail. The absence of which underlies many problems TV members have described encountering in Thailand.

\

Simple, Brit. Cricket is a team game where the objectives have to kept in mind for a relatively long period (not so much instant gratification as soccer). I exclude T20, as it's just not cricket. Thais need to be able to think ahead more.

Very true (especially your point on T20); if I knew how to like posts via iPhone I would have liked that post.

Indeed, cricket worldwide except in the few English-speaking countries where it's a big game, is dominated by Indians; just look at the Canadian team, for example.

Look at how many non-ethnic English and overseas born 'English' players the England team have had over the past few decades, and it's the same story.

I don't have a problem with that BTW.

England wouldn't have won anything in Cricket or Rugby wothout a couple of South Africaaaaans..

You're right, the S.Africans have been making a tremendous contribution to our cricket team for many years. Of course, you must remember, the S.African team will have had many more players in that time who can trace their heritage back to the UK.

So I can be an Ausie Scotchman?smile.png

Cough ... not until you learn to spell the word Aussie

So Sorry. I did notice but it was too late to edit. My apoligies.sad.png

Never was good at spelling so will have to leave it up to the spell checkers on TV.thumbsup.gif

Edited by kevjohn

This thread shows that even the mention of cricket engenders politeness and good manners

Will the 12th man have to play?

If so, maybe you could make me 13th man and that way I can just sit in the stands clapping and watching. clap2.gif

I confirm you can be a spectator / cheerleader

I must protest and await the 3rd Umpires decision please.

While kevjohn is assuredly a good all-rounder (nothing medium paced there) ... a cheerleader in inspire the troupes ... maybe not.

If we are to make a success of the cricketing concept we need some professional help.

Thinking ...

post-104736-0-26098400-1336739018_thumb.

Wouldn't you like these girls rooting for you?

JIC :- http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/root

EDIT:- Oh ... and not a mongrel amonst them ... all look pure-bred Cheerleaders

Edited by David48

This thread shows that even the mention of cricket engenders politeness and good manners

As i said in, I think my first post, that I was not a fan of cricket but even us non beleivers can

learn something.whistling.gif

Edited by kevjohn

If so, maybe you could make me 13th man and that way I can just sit in the stands clapping and watching. clap2.gif

While kevjohn is assuredly a good all-rounder (nothing medium paced there) ... a cheerleader in inspire the troupes ... maybe not.

If we are to make a success of the cricketing concept we need some professional help.

Thinking ...

Get them and i'm there.........thumbsup.gif

Thinking ...

Get them and i'm there.........thumbsup.gif

Yeah but your going to have to wait your turn.whistling.gif

As i said in, I think my first post, that I was not a fan of cricket but even us non beleivers can

Well kevjohn, we want you on the team so we might just have to engineer a position for you.

How about over the entire cheer squad?

The Cheer Leaders coach ... now there an envious position to have.

Well kevjohn, we want you on the team so we might just have to engineer a position for you.

How about over the entire cheer squad?

The Cheer Leaders coach ... now there an envious position to have.

Oh! I am so humbled.I am lost for words. Thank you so much.wai.gif

What coloured balls should we play with?

sporty011.gif

It's an important question!

That is important. Don't ask me to bowl or the batsmen will have large black onessmile.png

sporty011.gif

That is important. Don't ask me to bowl or the batsmen will have large black onessmile.png

That's called bodyline. I like it.

Jardine stopped Bradman with the same tactic.

You're in!!!

sporty011.gif

That's called bodyline. I like it.

Jardine stopped Bradman with the same tactic.

You're in!!!

But is that in the spirit of the OP wishing to change the lives of the Thai people with the subtle nuances of the game of cricket?

Edited by David48

sporty011.gif

Don't worry about that.

There will be quite an intensive selection process ...

post-104736-0-96043100-1336744584_thumb.

So kevjohn are you up to the job of the Cheer Leading coach?