Thailand Needs Cricket

Serious question: will those of you who are currently residing elsewhere be relocating to Thailand once cricket has fixed things over here?

brit1984 ... you have stolen my thunder on a issue I was saving for later.

The Cricketing Visa!

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Serious question: will those of you who are currently residing elsewhere be relocating to Thailand once cricket has fixed things over here?

The Cricketing Visa!

Given free of charge to all members of this team....WOW...now I know why Thailand really does need cricket.

The Cricketing Visa!

What else have you got saved for later? More photos?

Hey, kevjohn ... I think that somehow I have had an interaction with your father recently.

He sent me this photo ...

post-104736-0-38977100-1338476548_thumb.

I can see the distant likeness.

Maybe I am mistaken and more likely your grandfather.

Can anyone else see the strange figure-of-eight shaped ghost / poltergeist at the front of the image?

You should send this evidence of the spirit world into that Thai television show for a proper appraisal

Could none of you see the ghost or are you just hoping it will not harm you if you ignore it?

(a dangerous assumption I would suggest)

Hey, kevjohn ... I think that somehow I have had an interaction with your father recently.

Can anyone else see the strange figure-of-eight shaped ghost / poltergeist at the front of the image?

You should send this evidence of the spirit world into that Thai television show for a proper appraisal

Could none of you see the ghost or are you just hoping it will not harm you if you ignore it?

Boss...I'm waiting for the good lady to wake.......8am......she is the one that can see and hear the ghosts

She is my eyes and ears.......without her, I would be......

Edited by kevjohn

Boss...I'm waiting for the good lady to wake.......8am......she is the one that can see and hear the ghosts

She is my eyes and ears.......without her I would be......

dependant on my girlfriendsssss....cheer squad

Edited by kevjohn

Toast?

I didn't know you were a poet

Hey Boss...have a look at this...maybe you could incorporate this into why

Thailand Needs Cricket"

http://www.thaivisa....99#entry5349899

Nose picking?... I can't say I have noticed this to be an issue in Thailand. Your first post in that other thread, where you mention private vs public nose picking is the key for me. Public nose picking is clearly not cool, but in private I think it is fine. Anyway, if nose picking in public is indeed an issue here (although I have not noticed) then again Thailand Needs Cricket.

No batsman (or wicket-keeper) has ever picked their nose with their gloves on. While, in theory, it is possible to pick your nose while fielding, the risk of ridicule from one's team mates in case of being hit on the head by a ball that could have been caught, while having one's fingers otherwise occupied with bogie sourcing activities, should be enough to teach anyone to do their nose picking in the privacy of their own home.

Similarly, umpires could pick their nose but, from my experience, they do not. I think this is because the finger they use for signalling a wicket is also their natural nose picking finger. Therefore, picking their nose during a cricket match could lead to them inadvertently giving spurious a wicket decision when in fact they are just trying to shake a sticky bogey off their finger.

Just a life support system for your two knees?

Hey Boss...have a look at this...maybe you could incorporate this into why

Thailand Needs Cricket"

http://www.thaivisa....99#entry5349899

Nose picking?... I can't say I have noticed this to be an issue in Thailand. Your first post in that other thread, where you mention private vs public nose picking is the key for me. Public nose picking is clearly not cool, but in private I think it is fine. Anyway, if nose picking in public is indeed an issue here (although I have not noticed) then again Thailand Needs Cricket.

No batsman (or wicket-keeper) has ever picked their nose with their gloves on. While, in theory, it is possible to pick your nose while fielding, the risk of ridicule from one's team mates in case of being hit on the head by a ball that could have been caught, while having one's fingers otherwise occupied with bogie sourcing activities, should be enough to teach anyone to do their nose picking in the privacy of their own home.

Similarly, umpires could pick their nose but, from my experience, they do not. I think this is because the finger they use for signalling a wicket is also their natural nose picking finger. Therefore, picking their nose during a cricket match could lead to them inadvertently giving spurious a wicket decision when in fact they are just trying to shake a sticky bogey off their finger.

You could solve this problem, Boss, by supplying the umpire with 2 or 4 packets of tissue a carton of loo paper, then all can wipe what ever need wiping.

May need to engage the cheer squad to pick up the litter, and please guys, no comments on them having to bend over to achive this.

Nah....she is the life support sytem for the life support system for my two knees.

Must ask.......SC how is you life support system. Does it involve the need for other life support systems, so that your 3 knees

can all function properly?

Had a not to pleasant outcome last night in another Forum so have spent a little time working on the team Badge/Button.

For me ... it's as a steep learning curve as kevjohn learning about Cricket.

It's difficult to find a free image making software package without downloading Open Office ... which I think I will have to do to get the image implant.

So ... this is the first Prototype.

post-104736-0-34921100-1338506884_thumb.

v1.0

For those without a magnifying glass.

T.V. Cricket

Teamwork with spare knees

Edited by David48

Nah....she is the life support sytem for the life support system for my two knees.

Must ask.......SC how is you life support system. Does it involve the need for other life support systems, so that your 3 knees

I was playing five-a-side football last night with the lads from work, last night, and I needed a life support system after that. I went into Sid's Pub on the way home, and the Imam came over, rubbing his hands and cackling with glee "NO, Imam, I do not need the last rites - look at those knees" (I was still in my shorts) "Do those look like the knees of a dying man?"

Its Jake who;s got the extra peg, not me, and I'd rather not look to see if there's a knee on it...

SC

TV Cricket - How are YOUR knees?

I was playing five-a-side football last night with the lads from work, last night, and I needed a life support system after that. I went into Sid's Pub on the way home, and the Imam came over, rubbing his hands and cackling with glee "NO, Imam, I do not need the last rites - look at those knees" (I was still in my shorts) "Do those look like the knees of a dying man?"

Its Jake who;s got the extra peg, not me, and I'd rather not look to see if there's a knee on it...

SC

Thanks for that SC.... I was wondering about the guy in the shorts.....

.and those knees definitely were not knees of a dying man.

... and the Imam came over, rubbing his hands and cackling with glee "NO, Imam, I do not need the last rites - look at those knees" (I was still in my shorts) "Do those look like the knees of a dying man?"

SC

.and those knees definitely were not knees of a dying man. (my bolding)

Nor these ...post-104736-0-20219500-1338513752_thumb.

post-104736-0-06864400-1338513802_thumb.

The knees were decided upon when searching for complementary images for the red button above.

Approval?

Edited by David48

... and the Imam came over, rubbing his hands and cackling with glee "NO, Imam, I do not need the last rites - look at those knees" (I was still in my shorts) "Do those look like the knees of a dying man?"

SC

The knees were decided upon when searching for complementary images for the red button above.

Approval?

Who am I to complain, especially with knees like mine. I'll give them a AAA+

meaning they will be good for the Thai economy.....smile.png

Your doing well there, PM......thumbsup.gif

Note taken Boss...thumbsup.gif

As the androganous pigeons do not have large hands they will have to wear male undies so the differance can be told before too late.

We could ask the ladyboys to pass on any male undies they have received as presents,(note...not used) then we would have more than enough for the male pigeons.

Had a not to pleasant outcome last night in another Forum so have spent a little time working on the team Badge/Button.

For me ... it's as a steep learning curve as kevjohn learning about Cricket.

It's difficult to find a free image making software package without downloading Open Office ... which I think I will have to do to get the image implant.

So ... this is the first Prototype.

post-104736-0-34921100-1338506884_thumb.

v1.0

For those without a magnifying glass.

T.V. Cricket

Teamwork with spare knees

Brilliant

SC

Approval?

Approved

I had a terrible night - tossing and turning until my dear wife asked me what was wrong. There was this nagging doubt at the back of my mind and I responded by asking her to fetch me volume 2 of that wonderful classic work "What Is The Significance And Legacy Of Essex cricket in the 1950's". (Also sub-titled "Is It Cricket Or Is It Art?"). By the way, I'm told that as well as being available from Amazon, (whatever that is), there's a move afoot to translate the entire work into Thai. So that's good news for you Thai youngsters. And don't be shy, let's hear from you now and then - you must have lots of questions.

Anyway, I feverishly pored through the pages in the early morning gloom until I found what I was looking for. Yes, it was true, I was indeed guilty of error, I'd said in an earlier post that Michael Bear opened for Essex when, of course it was Gordon Barker. Frankly, I'm a little surprised that this was not picked up on and corrected by you chaps. Michael, (or Micky, as he preferred to be called), was a fine all-rounder and an especially good outfielder. You probably remember the match against Hampshire at Chelmsford in '58 when he saved a four at the boundary and then threw the ball accurately and unerringly onto the stumps, a good 50 yard throw, finishing the Hampshire innings by running the batsman out. Quite astonishing.

Then there was the wonderful Brian Taylor - wicket keeper - who later in his career complained to me about his knees. (Wicket keepers are prone to knee problems (and haemorrhoids too) and I understand there's a possibility of the matter being brought up at a "Department of Health and Safety" symposium this summer. It's possible that there may actually be a ban on this position). Absolute nonsense in my opinion, just like making the batsmen wear those silly, girly helmets!

I'll be writing to Brian to let him know that the finest minds in S.E.Asia are now openly talking about the subject which, along with sexual deviation, was seldom discussed except in whispers during the '50's. He'll be well into his '80's now but I know he'll welcome the support.

And speaking of which, there's another thing - what's with all these supports and boxes for the batsmen, eh? In my day a rolled up sock did the job and though I never became a father myself, I know a couple of cricketing chaps that did!

I had a terrible night - tossing and turning until my dear wife asked me what was wrong. There was this nagging doubt at the back of my mind and I responded by asking her to fetch me volume 2 of that wonderful classic work "What Is The Significance And Legacy Of Essex cricket in the 1950's". (Also sub-titled "Is It Cricket Or Is It Art?"). By the way, I'm told that as well as being available from Amazon, (whatever that is), there's a move afoot to translate the entire work into Thai. So that's good news for you Thai youngsters. And don't be shy, let's hear from you now and then - you must have lots of questions.

Anyway, I feverishly pored through the pages in the early morning gloom until I found what I was looking for. Yes, it was true, I was indeed guilty of error, I'd said in an earlier post that Michael Bear opened for Essex when, of course it was Gordon Barker. Frankly, I'm a little surprised that this was not picked up on and corrected by you chaps. Michael, (or Micky, as he preferred to be called), was a fine all-rounder and an especially good outfielder. You probably remember the match against Hampshire at Chelmsford in '58 when he saved a four at the boundary and then threw the ball accurately and unerringly onto the stumps, a good 50 yard throw, finishing the Hampshire innings by running the batsman out. Quite astonishing.

Then there was the wonderful Brian Taylor - wicket keeper - who later in his career complained to me about his knees. (Wicket keepers are prone to knee problems (and haemorrhoids too) and I understand there's a possibility of the matter being brought up at a "Department of Health and Safety" symposium this summer. It's possible that there may actually be a ban on this position). Absolute nonsense in my opinion, just like making the batsmen wear those silly, girly helmets!

I'll be writing to Brian to let him know that the finest minds in S.E.Asia are now openly talking about the subject which, along with sexual deviation, was seldom discussed except in whispers during the '50's. He'll be well into his '80's now but I know he'll welcome the support.

And speaking of which, there's another thing - what's with all these supports and boxes for the batsmen, eh? In my day a rolled up sock did the job and though I never became a father myself, I know a couple of cricketing chaps that did!

Me, being an aussie and not being that knowable re English cricket, I did wonder about your comments on Michael Yogi Bear and Mickey Mouse Barker.

Now you also mention that wonderful Brian Taylor - wicket keeper - who later in his career complained about his knees. Well I do sympathize with him as I have similar problems, but I cant go into detail about them, now.

I do hope that this matter is brought up at a "Department of Health and Safety" symposium this summer because, if we go along the line of using female wicket keepers, there could be other fallout from this squatting position...... I do hope they come up with a solution and not just ban the wicket keeper

And speaking of this other thing, the rolled up sock. What does that have to do with being a father? I was taught that it was all to do with the birds and the bees.

Edited by kevjohn

This took me hours ...

post-104736-0-62623700-1338537178_thumb.

But the next one I could knock up in 30 mins ...

Good one..Good one......but can I just mention one thing.

Since our team is focusing towards the younger generation....do you think the cigy is appropriate.

Maybe a Missfarmgirl ice cream.wink.png

Edited by kevjohn

Me being an aussie and not being that knowable re English cricket, I did wonder about your comments on Michael Yogi Bear and Mickey Mouse Barker.

Now you also mention that wonderful Brian Taylor - wicket keeper - who later in his career complained about his knees. Well I do sympathize with him as I have similar problems, but I cant go into detail about them, now.

I do hope that this matter is brought up at a "Department of Health and Safety" symposium this summer because, if we go along the line of using female wicket keepers, there could be other fallout from this squatting position...... I do hope they come up with a solution and not just ban the wicket keeper

And speaking of this other thing, the rolled up sock. What does that have to do with being a father? I was taught that it was all to do with the birds and the bees.

I would like to make an update about the birds and the bees

After going back through some of my childhood reading books

I would like to point out that the last comment, re the birds and the bees, is correct.

Several of them mention Dickey Birds and Honey Bees

This took me hours ...

Since our team is focusing towards the younger generation....do you think the cigy is appropriate.

I tried to separate the elements in the original badge without success.

Then I tried to use 'paint' to remove it ... but it looked amateurish.

So, if anyone asks ... simply say it's a chup-a-chup ... held backwards!

This took me hours ...

I tried to separate the elements in the original badge without success.

Then I tried to use 'paint' to remove it ... but it looked amateurish.

So, if anyone asks ... simply say it's a chup-a-chup ... held backwards!

Problems solved....they do look similar to a chup-a-chup handle sticking out off the kids mouth

If I can get the attention of our medicine man, Harry, I would like to ask him if he could attend the "Department of Health and Safety" symposium, mentioned by richardjm65 in post #1343.

Harry, with your knowledge of all things medical, to do with cricket, I am sure that they would be very interested in your views.

Just to mention some topics that you may raise:- under arm, over arm, leg before, leg behind? and sun burn, to mention a few. Oh! don't forget the knees and haemorrhoids.sick.gif

So, if you can find the time to attend, I am sure that our team would benefit greatly.thumbsup.gif

Edited by kevjohn