Thailand Needs Cricket

Hello chaps , I don't know much about cricket and my first experience of the game was on black and white tv during the summer holydays when I was a boy , and it was a quiet game I thought . However , I have read that back in the day it was a rowdy old competition , what with wagering and cheating and drunken brawls amongst the fiff raff spectators . I personally would like to see the one man team game reintroduced . Cheating ,bluffing and double cheating and bluffing and umpirical mistakes fair game on the wager .

Welcome to the team onionluke.

You will find, as you follow our noble game, that much help is given by our expert panel.

Just ask and someone will have an answer.

Now, I do notice that you say that your first contact with this noble game was back in the days of

black and white TV. How that brings back memories for me. (Do you remember doing your homework by kero lamp)

Well, you seam to be in the age span of most of the members of the team and you will fit in without any problems

As for being a rowdy game, that is why the older players are important. We keep a lid on that.

The Boss (brit1984) is number one. He a very able manager and has arranged with his wife to supply a new batsman soon.

Our Promotions Manager (David48) is also number one. He is a very visual guy, explaining all his idears with very vivid graphics.

We have a very efficient driver with Streetcowboy filling that position. Note...there is nothing he does not know about knees.

Bookman is our money manager, also very efficient, but if you need to know something, then ask, as it is all in his head.

Harry looks after all matters to do with health. Very efficient but can't comment on his qualifications.

Now, we do have other members, some just joined, other been in for a while, but all contributing to our team.

There is a slite problem with Jingthing, but the guys are working hard to change his views.

And me, well I'm the cheer squad coach, assisted by Plopmeister. he is very very efficient.

After saying all that I hope that I have not missed anyone..Sorry Missfarmgirl

So, after that little bit of a run down re our team, I'm sure you will play a very important part in promoting why

"Thailand Needs Cricket"

Thanks for the kind welcome . I might not have much to offer , bar a memory of a parafin heater in an old tenement , but jings that was a cold summer to forget .

edit ; Is there such a position as , left field outward bounder ?

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello chaps , I don't know much about cricket and my first experience of the game was on black and white tv during the summer holydays when I was a boy , and it was a quiet game I thought . However , I have read that back in the day it was a rowdy old competition , what with wagering and cheating and drunken brawls amongst the fiff raff spectators . I personally would like to see the one man team game reintroduced . Cheating ,bluffing and double cheating and bluffing and umpirical mistakes fair game on the wager .

You will find, as you follow our noble game, that much help is given by our expert panel.

Now, I do notice that you say that your first contact with this noble game was back in the days of

black and white TV. How that brings back memories for me. (Do you remember doing your homework by kero lamp)

Well, you seam to be in the age span of most of the members of the team and you will fit in without any problems

As for being a rowdy game, that is why the older players are important. We keep a lid on that.

The Boss (brit1984) is number one. He a very able manager and has arranged with his wife to supply a new batsman soon.

Our Promotions Manager (David48) is also number one. He is a very visual guy, explaining all his idears with very vivid graphics.

We have a very efficient driver with Streetcowboy filling that position. Note...there is nothing he does not know about knees.

Bookman is our money manager, also very efficient, but if you need to know something, then ask, as it is all in his head.

Harry looks after all matters to do with health. Very efficient but can't comment on his qualifications.

Now, we do have other members, some just joined, other been in for a while, but all contributing to our team.

There is a slite problem with Jingthing, but the guys are working hard to change his views.

And me, well I'm the cheer squad coach, assisted by Plopmeister. he is very very efficient.

So, after that little bit of a run down re our team, I'm sure you will play a very important part in promoting why

"Thailand Needs Cricket"

Thanks for the kind welcome . I might not have much to offer , bar a memory of a parafin heater in an old tenement , but jings that was a cold summer to forget .

Take it from me...You will have a great deal to offer.

Before I joined this team, I knew less than nothing, so you have a heads start on me...thumbsup.gif

"Thailand Needs Cricket"

Before I joined this team, I knew less than nothing, so you have a heads start on me...thumbsup.gif

Well am I in or out ? Oh sorry that's tennis . Four! Six! 180 !!

I'll soon pick it up .

Is not Thailand already a cricketing nation?

coffee1.gif

post-37101-0-18563200-1338285619_thumb.j

You might be onto something there, JT.....maybe incorporate them into the teams diet..whistling.gif

Can you give us an update of the benifits of eating cricket sandwich...sad.png

Oh dear, no! Cricket sandwich? Are you havin' a laugh? That wouldn't be cricket. I was of course thinking more along the lines of Cricket in the Hole followed by the traditional Spotted Tick. Sweet!

JT...if you read my posts you will relise that I never joke laugh,

but I will investigate further your thinking re Cricket in the Hole followed by the traditional Spotted Tick. Sweet!..smile.png

"Thailand Needs Cricket"

Ahem..........no space for theblether???? crying.gif

Good to see the the Fiff raffians back on the job; I was worried they may have degenerated into a sad meillieu of socks and drink and rock'n'roll. All hail the Kingdom, when the ice balls cometh.

SC

TV Cricket - To each according to their knees, from each according to their billets, eh?

Further to my comment on the only slightly understood cricket "Offside Rule", it might be beneficial to introduce newcomers to a few of the technical, sporting terms applied to cricket. For instance, how many of us clearly understand the deeper meaning of "bowling a maiden over". And what's more, who could clearly explain the oft used phrase "batting for the other side".

These terms, whilst being common parlance amongst the cricketing fraternity, could well lead to confusion. I think we need some guidance here.

Over to you, Trevor.

"He was caught after a having big slash"

"He scored with a tickle to leg"

"He is always chasing the short ones"

"He is a big swinger and can vary his length"

You will be up there with the boys at the top before you know it.

You can be "run out"....sent in "to bat"......hit a 4 or a 6, but the 180....... you will need 30 X 6's

But I'm sure you will do it..........yeh learning fast...thumbsup.gifclap2.gif

...Streetcowboy filling that position. Note...there is nothing he does not know about knees.

I am indeed, Mr Know Knees, so we are always on the lookout for people who can bring up the average - we are after all the Team with Two Knees...

SC

TV Cricket - Know Knees; Known Sense

...Streetcowboy filling that position. Note...there is nothing he does not know about knees.

I am indeed, Mr Know Knees, so we are always on the lookout for people who can bring up the average - we are after all the Team with Two Knees...

SC

TV Cricket - Know Knees; Known Sense

Caught out for toffee teeth ?

Now remember that I have a contact at the Ghymkana club in Chiang Mai.........I intend to get us an invitation for the Cricket Sixes next March / April. This potential team selection is very important smile.png

I remember you saying that, back in post #xyz ,but can I ask......any chance of a video link...Maybe David48 can arrange.

Further to my comment on the only slightly understood cricket "Offside Rule", it might be beneficial to introduce newcomers to a few of the technical, sporting terms applied to cricket. For instance, how many of us clearly understand the deeper meaning of "bowling a maiden over". And what's more, who could clearly explain the oft used phrase "batting for the other side".

These terms, whilst being common parlance amongst the cricketing fraternity, could well lead to confusion. I think we need some guidance here.

Over to you, Trevor.

Its a long shot, but he just might make it

Its a long, slow, lazy delivery, but its the best that I can manage

SC

TV Cricket - A ball's a ball for a' that

Now remember that I have a contact at the Ghymkana club in Chiang Mai.........I intend to get us an invitation for the Cricket Sixes next March / April. This potential team selection is very important smile.png

I remember you saying that, back in post #xyz ,but can I ask......any chance of a video link...Maybe David48 can arrange.

no....it's my ball and I'm keeping it!!!! whistling.gif

Ye can stuff yer balls. We never wanted to play with yer balls anyway.

SC

Ye can stuff yer balls. We never wanted to play with yer balls anyway.

SC

Wot?.....you mean.....again? rolleyes.gif

Over to you, Trevor.

Its a long shot, but he just might make it

Its a long, slow, lazy delivery, but its the best that I can manage

SC

TV Cricket - A ball's a ball for a' that

"Unconventional wrist action"

Well brit1984 ... I’ve been saving some images as well.

During my course of studies some of the active badges are ...

post-104736-0-22822400-1338322527.jpg and post-104736-0-18480700-1338322561_thumb.

Traditional and the like.

I have to follow, when it comes to Team Branding, what has become SC's strong lead, with 'Two Knees' ... Strong, Unique and describes our Strengths.

Give a little time to mock up a few examples and will come back to you on this.

Edited by David48

As for naming rights/Team Badge ...

MissFarmGirl has reliably informed me that Mod's Fish and Shrimp Farm is also available and the copyright has been secured and she is happy to loan out the trademark for a non-profit organisation such as this designed to improve the life of the Thai people through a greater appreciation of the fine game of Cricket ... let's not lose sight of our intended goal.

Edited by David48

Management/Player status.

Has anyone had a wiff of the Big Boss recently?

OP, OP ... where are you?

Just in case my belief in atheism proves to be wrong on judgement day, I would just like to say I am not (and have no intentions of becoming) "the Big Boss".

That role is (maybe) taken by God / Allah / Flying-spaghetti-monster / whichever one (if any) is real, and I have no ambitions to dethrone the incumbent.

So brit1984 ... we need a name for you that reflects your status in the Team.

You bowled the first over, had the first spell with the new ball.

OP is too impersonal.

brit1984 is unique and personal to you ... but not to the team gathering around you.

The Big Brit

Head Honcho

Something that you like that endears respect for bowling the first over ...

Suggestions anyone?

brit1984 ... I give the call to you.

Edited by David48

It must have been the 2am posting that led kevjohn to omitting yourself and smokie...

Obviously with your contacts you HAVE to be on team.

As for naming rights/Team Badge ...

MissFarmGirl has reliably informed me that Mod's Fish and Shrimp Farm is also available and the copyright has been secured and she is happy to loan out the trademark for a non-profit organisation such as this designed to improve the life of the Thai people through a greater appreciation of the fine game of Cricket ... let's not lose sight of our intended goal.

so the full name would be ...

'Mod's Fish and Shrimp Farm ThaiVisa Cricket All Stars'?

Management/Player status.

Has anyone had a wiff of the Big Boss recently?

OP, OP ... where are you?

Just in case my belief in atheism proves to be wrong on judgement day, I would just like to say I am not (and have no intentions of becoming) "the Big Boss".

That role is (maybe) taken by God / Allah / Flying-spaghetti-monster / whichever one (if any) is real, and I have no ambitions to dethrone the incumbent.

So brit1984 ... we need a name for you that reflects your status in the Team.

You bowled the first over, had the first spell with the new ball.

OP is too impersonal.

brit1984 is unique and personal to you ... but not to the team gathering around you.

The Big Brit

Head Honcho

Something that you like that endears respect for bowling the first over ...

Suggestions anyone?

brit1984 ... I give the call to you.

The Big Brit sounds commanding

There is always room for theblether ... every kid gets a T-Shirt ... even me!

Now, your literary skills are on show and you appear to have a fine eye for Business acumen, based on other posts.

But here we have all sort of found our niches by default.

Keep the posts up and some bright spark here will say ...

Ahh ... theblether chappie, he'd be great for ...

There is always room for theblether ... every kid gets a T-Shirt ... even me!

Now, your literary skills are on show and you appear to have a fine eye for Business acumen, based on other posts.

But here we have all sort of found our niches by default.

Keep the posts up and some bright spark here will say ...

Ahh ... theblether chappie, he'd be great for ...

Obviously no one, including Jingthing himself, wants JT to be the Streaker.

This role might be perfect for theblether.

He could make random unexpected appearances yet still steal the show!

No reason he couldn't paint on some advertising for his Fish & Chippery on his back as well

Very remiss of me ... a new page and no images of any sort.

Now, kevjohn's personal assistant has a Lassie of many talents.

I wonder what images her lens will capture?

Nice to see her on the other side of the camera!

post-104736-0-25301300-1338346048_thumb.

Elly Tran ... the Photographer