Thailand Needs Cricket

Goodness gracious - Great bails of fire!

http://www.flamingbails.com/u199

I was researching knees, as one does, and came across this attractive vignette of the Pakistan cheerleaders, and I realised that there is no place for complacency on TV

post-60794-0-49358400-1338695936.jpg

I appreciate that many of you have worn your knees to the quick, but we cannot allow the competition to open up a "cheerleader gap"

This is what the competition are up to...

SC

TV Cricket - the Team with Two Knees

When I meet those girls at the ThaiVisa cricket tournament I will be sure to tell them I barrack for Pakistan!

Agree... Our own, and the teams, phisical welfare does come first.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was researching knees, as one does, and came across this attractive vignette of the Pakistan cheerleaders, and I realised that there is no place for complacency on TV

I appreciate that many of you have worn your knees to the quick, but we cannot allow the competition to open up a "cheerleader gap"

SC

When I meet those girls at the ThaiVisa cricket tournament I will be sure to tell them I barrack for Pakistan!

To avoid any competition I'll let them know straight up that the rest of The TV team is on its final course of anti-biotics. laugh.png

I don't think we need cricket in Thailand. tongue.png

What do you mean by "we"?

This is not about us; this is about the Thai people

This is about helping them (or helping them to help themselves)

I am sure you have noticed this country has some (minor) imperfections

As explained in this thread, these can all be fixed by cricket

I hope you will support our noble mission

phuturatica,...... please do support our noble mission

When we succeed and the facts become public it may then be a Nobel mission...clap2.gif

But if our bowling drifts a little, we might find it a 'no-ball' mission...

SC

Edit: The state of my knees after football on Thursday, it was more like a nobbled mission

I don't think we need cricket in Thailand. tongue.png

What do you mean by "we"?

This is not about us; this is about the Thai people

This is about helping them (or helping them to help themselves)

I am sure you have noticed this country has some (minor) imperfections

As explained in this thread, these can all be fixed by cricket

I hope you will support our noble mission

phuturatica,...... please do support our noble mission

When we succeed and the facts become public it may then be a Nobel mission...clap2.gif

Especially when you get all those young students, where your teaching, involved.....thumbsup.gif

SC

To avoid any competition I'll let them know straight up that the rest of The TV team is on its final course of anti-biotics. laugh.png

You're doing a grand job of keeping us on the straight and narrow there, but sometimes it is nice to go bush and take a walk on the wild side...

SC

TV Cricket - with a straight bat

(or not - up to you, JT)

Streetcowboy said

SC

Edit: The state of my knees after football on Thursday, it was more like a nobbled mission

If our fielding, drifts, we may find it's a "No Catch" situation

Edited by kevjohn

Streetcowboy said

SC

If our fielding, drifts, we may find it's a "No Catch" situation

Better than being stuck in a 'No-wine' situation; then there'd be whining and dinning for sure

One of my favourite cricketing books

SC

In response to phuturatica's posts #1478 and #1490.

Ah! dear, dear phuturatica, pardon, but your slip is showing. You scrambled to the top of that wall at the Old Trafford Cricket Ground, (almost holy territory, some might say), not once, but often, then peeped over, your little face flushed with the exertion of the climb and the anticipation of what might be revealed, but lacking the knowledge required to fully appreciate the loveliness of the scene below you, you failed to be amused. That is so, so sad. Had you no helpful brothers?

And of course, by posting in this thread you are once again peeping over the wall. Go on now - let the tears flow - it's safe to admit it here. But this time, being a bit braver, you're subconsciously seeking to be admitted to cricket's hallowed halls, to meekly bow the knee and seek the very knowledge you were too scared to ask for when you were but a little girl. How fortunate that you happened on this thread, for here are the very finest of the men who would lead you out of the darkness and Into The Light!

Welcome, phuturatica, you have taken a very important step in life's journey - one that you will never forget!

Ah! dear, dear phuturatica, pardon, but your slip is showing. You scrambled to the top of that wall at the Old Trafford Cricket Ground, (almost holy territory, some might say), not once, but often, then peeped over, your little face flushed with the exertion of the climb and the anticipation of what might be revealed, but lacking the knowledge required to fully appreciate the loveliness of the scene below you, you failed to be amused. That is so, so sad. Had you no helpful brothers?

And of course, by posting in this thread you are once again peeping over the wall. Go on now - let the tears flow - it's safe to admit it here. But this time, being a bit braver, you're subconsciously seeking to be admitted to cricket's hallowed halls, to meekly bow the knee and seek the very knowledge you were too scared to ask for when you were but a little girl. How fortunate that you happened on this thread, for here are the very finest of the men who would lead you out of the darkness and Into The Light!

Welcome, phuturatica, you have taken a very important step in life's journey - one that you will never forget!

+1

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

What a fantastic response......could not put it better, even if I was able too.....thumbsup.gifclap2.gif

Edited by kevjohn

Well-structured paragraphs, again... beautiful

There are far too many people who seek only to pick on the negative aspects of a post, and who seem always to be looking to disagree with everyone. We should emphasise the positivity; let there be an outbreak of positivylis...

Can I just remind you all of David48's excellent habit of highlighting other posters' names in bold, that they may the sooner see the relevant parts of his posts.

SC

TV Cricket - We didn't get to where we are today overnight

(depending on which train you took...)

I know the bus issue had been decided, fishy smells and all...however!

this is just in from TV itself.

http://www.thaivisa....-ice-cream-van/

Transport and refreshments in one!

Icecream van....could help to keep the drinks cool.

What tune should it play?

Obviously, Soul Limbo would have to be the principal 'lead-in', if you like, but when the team has to dig deep, when your knees begin to knock, and you feel like you're batting in a hole in a swamp...

then you bring

to the crease, and if

When the run rate target goes through the roof, and

- I counted at least a dozen boundaries there, and a fistful of sixes, though there were a fair few catches too... I believe the
play a similar style

SC

TV Cricket - I can feel it in my knees

There are far too many people who seek only to pick on the negative aspects of a post, and who seem always to be looking to disagree with everyone. We should emphasise the positivity; let there be an outbreak of positivylis...

Can I just remind you all of David48's excellent habit of highlighting other posters' names in bold, that they may the sooner see the relevant parts of his posts.

SC

I feel I must commend you on your ability to look at things from an alternative perspective (I mean another dimension).

SC

We shouldn't forget kevjohn's modesty not his ability to post, post, post

SC

And Bookman's short but sweet (or should I say concise) comedy posts

Edited by brit1984

And plopmeister's rare talent of rising from the dead (or from the ashes)

And there was that poster (I have forgotten the name) who dedicated 50% of their TV posts to this thread alone (before being sent down).

Hey Boss...you and SC are doen well ay....just in the last over you hit a 4 and a single and SC lits a 6 and a single.clap2.gifclap2.gif

Hope you both stay at the crease for a while.thumbsup.gif

If so, then I can put together my few singles with help of our other keen batsmen.wink.png

I can see 2000 in my sights....what a game and it's all for a good cause.clap2.gif

Edited by kevjohn

It looks as if rain has stopped play for today. Even if it stopped now there's an awful lot of standing water which I don't think the ground staff will be able to budge. Never mind, it provides the opportunity to examine some of the reasons why brit's maid seems to be unresponsive to his demonstrations of stroke play. First, a couple of personal questions - is she young or old, married or single and has she shown any interest in cricket in the past?

My guess would be that she has not, (shown any interest, that is), and it could be that she has simply not had a good enough introduction and therefore lacks understanding, rather like that other lady who was here. It's important, I think, to get them whilst still young enough to learn and patiently teach them the rudiments. Maids, especially, can be stubborn - you have only to think of the difficulty of getting her to clean any higher than eye level. You need to get them sat down (on their day off, perhaps) and get them to watch video recordings of test matches. Not too much at first - say 4 or 5 hours only a session, whilst you explain, through your partner as interpreter, exactly what is happening on screen.

Don't concentrate too much on the batting business - she needs to understand bowling too and for coaching in this art I would recommend a study of Jim Laker's style. What a spinner he was, eh? You'll remember his personal best was 10 for 53 against Australia in 1956 at Old Trafford. Once she understands the fingerwork, the bit will be firmly between the teeth and she'll be eager for more. It just takes a little time. Remember, what seems perfectly natural to us, born to the game as we were, may come as a complete surprise to Thai people. And speaking of surprises, my wife was aghast when I slipped in the information this morning, just as she was waking up, that in 1960 Trevor Bailey was able to persuade Jim Laker to join Essex to play three more seasons of county cricket, although, of course, his test playing days were over.

I asked if your maid is married. If so, this gives her a wonderful and unique opportunity to step into her man's world and discuss sport with him on equal terms over a nice meal and a glass of wine. However, it might first be as well to establish that they both support the same county side rather than argue and fight over the better qualities of, say, Essex, over Yorkshire or Somerset.

Anyway, once she better understands bowling, the better able she'll be at making the decision, (when at bat), to play off the front or back foot. That's when your lessons with the broom, brit, will really pay off.

It looks as if rain has stopped play for today. Even if it stopped now there's an awful lot of standing water which I don't think the ground staff will be able to budge. Never mind, it provides the opportunity to examine some of the reasons why brit's maid seems to be unresponsive to his demonstrations of stroke play. First, a couple of personal questions - is she young or old, married or single and has she shown any interest in cricket in the past?

My guess would be that she has not, (shown any interest, that is), and it could be that she has simply not had a good enough introduction and therefore lacks understanding, rather like that other lady who was here. It's important, I think, to get them whilst still young enough to learn and patiently teach them the rudiments. Maids, especially, can be stubborn - you have only to think of the difficulty of getting her to clean any higher than eye level. You need to get them sat down (on their day off, perhaps) and get them to watch video recordings of test matches. Not too much at first - say 4 or 5 hours only a session, whilst you explain, through your partner as interpreter, exactly what is happening on screen.

Don't concentrate too much on the batting business - she needs to understand bowling too and for coaching in this art I would recommend a study of Jim Laker's style. What a spinner he was, eh? You'll remember his personal best was 10 for 53 against Australia in 1956 at Old Trafford. Once she understands the fingerwork, the bit will be firmly between the teeth and she'll be eager for more. It just takes a little time. Remember, what seems perfectly natural to us, born to the game as we were, may come as a complete surprise to Thai people. And speaking of surprises, my wife was aghast when I slipped in the information this morning, just as she was waking up, that in 1960 Trevor Bailey was able to persuade Jim Laker to join Essex to play three more seasons of county cricket, although, of course, his test playing days were over.

I asked if your maid is married. If so, this gives her a wonderful and unique opportunity to step into her man's world and discuss sport with him on equal terms over a nice meal and a glass of wine. However, it might first be as well to establish that they both support the same county side rather than argue and fight over the better qualities of, say, Essex, over Yorkshire or Somerset.

Anyway, once she better understands bowling, the better able she'll be at making the decision, (when at bat), to play off the front or back foot. That's when your lessons with the broom, brit, will really pay off.

Wise words and nicely constructed

The maid is around 40 years old

She is single without children

My wife is teaching her about email

I will teach her about cricket

She needs cricket

Thailand needs cricket

SC

Boss..thank you for that kind remark re modesty.......but really I would say I am more humble or shy or simple...eh

Streetcowboy.....I notice from your avatar that you now look a little bow legged.

Is this due to the positioning of the knees so that you can accomodate 2 cheer squad leaders?

Streetcowboy.....I notice from your avatar that you now look a little bow legged.

Is this due to the positioning of the knees so that you can accomodate 2 cheer squad leaders?

Precisely. That's the sort of perceptive attention to detail that makes the difference between 'good' and 'just tops!'

SC

Hey! wat u mean? thumbsup.gif

Just a mix up.....He just got you and me mixed up....thats all....dont take offence.

Hey! wat u mean? thumbsup.gif

Just a mix up.....He just got you and me mixed up....thats all....dont take offence.

No offence taken. I re read the post and saw he attributed comedy to me so i realise it was a mix up.

Precisely. That's the sort of perceptive attention to detail that makes the difference between 'good' and 'just tops!'

SC

Does that mean I have an eye for detail?.....wink.png