Thailand Needs Cricket

And Bookman's short but sweet (or should I say concise) comedy posts

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

Hey! wat u mean? thumbsup.gif

Just a mix up.....He just got you and me mixed up....thats all....dont take offence.

No offence taken. I re read the post and saw he attributed comedy to me so i realise it was a mix up.

Man...you an me...we like brothers....eh....but I'm the older older one.rolleyes.gif

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Streetcowboy.....I notice from your avatar that you now look a little bow legged.

Is this due to the positioning of the knees so that you can accomodate 2 cheer squad leaders?

Precisely. That's the sort of perceptive attention to detail that makes the difference between 'good' and 'just tops!'

SC

Does that mean I have an eye for detail?.....wink.png

Yes indeed.

For future humourous impact, I would suggest an eye for detal. Remember - 'observation' is our watch word

SC

TV Cricket - See the knees!

Streetcowboy.....I notice from your avatar that you now look a little bow legged.

Is this due to the positioning of the knees so that you can accomodate 2 cheer squad leaders?

Precisely. That's the sort of perceptive attention to detail that makes the difference between 'good' and 'just tops!'

SC

Does that mean I have an eye for detail?.....wink.png

Yes indeed.

For future humourous impact, I would suggest an eye for detal. Remember - 'observation' is our watch word

SC

Is that watch the one we keep the score time with or do you mean that I just have to watch the time?

Give me 10 minutes on google re this 'observation'

...Remember - 'observation' is our watch word

SC

Is that watch the one we keep the score time with or do you mean that I just have to watch the time?

'Chronometer' is our other watchword.

I've found us a timekeeper - or maybe a timeserver; I'm sure he'll be along shortly. His name's Young Steve and he seems like a nice boy in General. I hope he doesn't go into the pub when the Imam's there...

SC

In response to phuturatica's posts #1478 and #1490.

Ah! dear, dear phuturatica, pardon, but your slip is showing. You scrambled to the top of that wall at the Old Trafford Cricket Ground, (almost holy territory, some might say), not once, but often, then peeped over, your little face flushed with the exertion of the climb and the anticipation of what might be revealed, but lacking the knowledge required to fully appreciate the loveliness of the scene below you, you failed to be amused. That is so, so sad. Had you no helpful brothers?

And of course, by posting in this thread you are once again peeping over the wall. Go on now - let the tears flow - it's safe to admit it here. But this time, being a bit braver, you're subconsciously seeking to be admitted to cricket's hallowed halls, to meekly bow the knee and seek the very knowledge you were too scared to ask for when you were but a little girl. How fortunate that you happened on this thread, for here are the very finest of the men who would lead you out of the darkness and Into The Light!

Welcome, phuturatica, you have taken a very important step in life's journey - one that you will never forget!

Hahaha! clap2.gif

Fair play, I'll give you that one. Educate me in the rules of cricket and how it all works and I'll see what all the fuss is about. Then if I like it, I'll take back my words! I only ever sat on that wall when I was younger because it was exciting and naughty and the excitement got me every time when the police officer came and we had to jump down and run off. tongue.png

Ah! dear, dear phuturatica, pardon, but your slip is showing. You scrambled to the top of that wall at the Old Trafford Cricket Ground, (almost holy territory, some might say), not once, but often, then peeped over, your little face flushed with the exertion of the climb and the anticipation of what might be revealed, but lacking the knowledge required to fully appreciate the loveliness of the scene below you, you failed to be amused. That is so, so sad. Had you no helpful brothers?

And of course, by posting in this thread you are once again peeping over the wall. Go on now - let the tears flow - it's safe to admit it here. But this time, being a bit braver, you're subconsciously seeking to be admitted to cricket's hallowed halls, to meekly bow the knee and seek the very knowledge you were too scared to ask for when you were but a little girl. How fortunate that you happened on this thread, for here are the very finest of the men who would lead you out of the darkness and Into The Light!

Welcome, phuturatica, you have taken a very important step in life's journey - one that you will never forget!

Hahaha! clap2.gif

Fair play, I'll give you that one. Educate me in the rules of cricket and how it all works and I'll see what all the fuss is about. Then if I like it, I'll take back my words! I only ever sat on that wall when I was younger because it was exciting and naughty and the excitement got me every time when the police officer came and we had to jump down and run off. tongue.png

Another positive point for cricket. thumbsup.gif

You can get all type of thrills and chills within and around the game itself.

Sometimes you will be only step away from the law, adrenaline coursing through your veins, on the run from the BIB, living just near the edge.

SC

I've found us a timekeeper - or maybe a timeserver; I'm sure he'll be along shortly. His name's Young Steve and he seems like a nice boy in General. I hope he doesn't go into the pub when the Imam's there...

SC

I like the cross thread promotion. Ingenious!

Hahaha! clap2.gif

Sometimes you will be only step away from the law, adrenaline coursing through your veins, on the run from the BIB, living just near the edge.

and enjoying it.....thumbsup.gifclap2.gif

SC

SC

I like the cross thread promotion. Ingenious!

I think SC has learnt that from you, Little Brother.

Edited by kevjohn

I think SC has learnt that from you little brother.

thumbsup.gif

I think SC is way ahead of me on that score.

Hey Little Brother......don't put ya self down.

Stand tall, head high and repeat after me...."I am the best"thumbsup.gif

Now, doesn't that make you feel better?.....No well I did try.........can't win em all..sad.png but trying...wink.png

Edited by kevjohn

SC.....is this the time piece that Young Steve will be using?...smile.png

Looks very up to date.wink.png

10204441_T.JPG

That looks ideal for a watchman. I could sit and stare at that for hours.

SC

TV Cricket - just go out and stay in till you're out

SC.....is this the time piece that Young Steve will be using?...smile.png

Looks very up to date.wink.png

10204441_T.JPG

That looks ideal for a watchman. I could sit and stare at that for hours.

SC

TV Cricket - just go out and stay in till you're out

I thought you only had eyes for the cheer squad leaders..whistling.gif ...Thats for Young Steve...wink.png

Edited by kevjohn

Hahaha! clap2.gif

Remember the match against the

? We were like a
, trying to keep one step ahead of the
*. We'll do better next season, if we can come up with the bails.

SC

* It was like Muttiah Muralitharan all over again...

Edited by StreetCowboy

We still haven't identified a single problem with Thailand that can't be fixed by cricket.

To be honest, I still haven't identified any problems with Thailand. I suppose I shoudl take off my saffron-tinted glasses. And my welder's goggles.

SC

TV Cricket - Ah! The light! I'm blinded!

Well, that was a revelation; I've finally seen the light...

I do have some issues I am hoping Cricket can help Thailand with actually.

I am reasonably sure they haven't yet been addressed.

The issues are all food .

The first issue is Donuts. In particular Mister Donuts. I find the dough not to my liking, Is it baked or something? I really don't know but they just aren't right. Also, and I cannot be 100% certain, but the inside Donut hole might be slightly skewed to one side of the Donut, creating and uneven circumference of dough.

You can see the problems with that if you are sharing the Donut, obviously: Someone loses out with the smaller half of the Donut.

The question is. How can Cricket fix this Thailand food problem?

more dough on one side of the donut.

The first issue is Donuts. In particular Mister Donuts. I find the dough not to my liking, Is it baked or something? I really don't know but they just aren't right. Also, and I cannot be 100% certain, but the inside Donut hole might be slightly skewed to one side of the Donut, creating and uneven circumference of dough.

You can see the problems with that if you are sharing the Donut, obviously: Someone loses out with the smaller half of the Donut.

Cricket will help you see the big picture; come up with a holistic, complete solution to the hole problem

SC

We still haven't identified a single problem with Thailand that can't be fixed by cricket.

I'm believe that there is

maybe one problem t

You have a point there Litte Brother...I also find, not only with donuts, but also the money in my wallet.

For some reason beyond my comprehension, I always end up with the smaller half.

Edited by kevjohn

Cricket will help you see the big picture; come up with a holistic, complete solution to the hole problem

SC

This one really has me stumped.

Something strang happening when I reply to a quote

Strange like paranormal?

Sorted Boss......it the gremlins in my computer...sad.png

We covered food earlier. I can't remember the post number. I think it was before we reached 4 figures. We discussed and agreed (or at least nobody disagreed) that cricket would reduce the unnecessary spiciness (and weirdness) in Thai food

With regards to doughnuts specifically, this issue will be solved as soon as New Zealand tour Thailand for the first time. Jesse Ryder (the fattest international cricketer) will demand proper doughnuts, which will then need to be imported (and subsequently copied all over the Kingdom).

phuturatica, thank you for your gracious response to my post. I might have expected sulking and pouting, but no, you're made of sterner stuff - just what the chaps here are looking for. You do realise that the quest for knowledge, understanding and, ultimately, enlightenment will be a hard path, fraught with danger and the possibility of estrangement from other members of your sex.

Records show that cricket first came to Essex in the late 16th - early 17th century, where it took root and flourished. For your homework, I suggest you interest yourself in the history of WG Grace (1848 - 1915). The WG stood for William Gilbert and he was an astonishing character as a batsman, bowler and fielder. You'll be interested to learn that his best batting score was 170 against the Australian test team of 1886 at The Oval. Physically, he much resembled some of the characters you've seen in Pattaya and Phuket.

So now, with your first bit of historical knowledge, you're off and running. Not many ladies know what you've just learned. Try to concentrate your attention on the 3 - day county matches and the international 5 - day test matches, for that's where you'll learn to appreciate tactics. Forget all that 20 - 20 stuff - though briefly entertaining, it's similar to sea-front amusement park crazy golf compared with, say, the British Open.

Once again, welcome.

Physically, he much resembled some of the characters you've seen in Pattaya and Phuket.

W G was a Speedo wearing GERMAN?????

Which leads us nicely onto dress codes for supporters...

Obviously sunglasses and an umbrella are de rigeur....

Edited by plopmeister