Thailand Needs Cricket

I do have some issues I am hoping Cricket can help Thailand with actually.

I am reasonably sure they haven't yet been addressed.

The issues are all food .

The first issue is Donuts. In particular Mister Donuts. I find the dough not to my liking, Is it baked or something? I really don't know but they just aren't right. Also, and I cannot be 100% certain, but the inside Donut hole might be slightly skewed to one side of the Donut, creating and uneven circumference of dough.

You can see the problems with that if you are sharing the Donut, obviously: Someone loses out with the smaller half of the Donut.

The question is. How can Cricket fix this Thailand food problem?

more dough on one side of the donut.

We covered food earlier. I can't remember the post number. I think it was before we reached 4 figures. We discussed and agreed (or at least nobody disagreed) that cricket would reduce the unnecessary spiciness (and weirdness) in Thai food

With regards to doughnuts specifically, this issue will be solved as soon as New Zealand tour Thailand for the first time. Jesse Ryder (the fattest international cricketer) will demand proper doughnuts, which will then need to be imported (and subsequently copied all over the Kingdom).

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

Excellent! A very considered reply and a great solution. I look forward to the kiwi-isation of the Thai Donut (doughnut) market.

I am sorry to harp on about food...but I do have another food/beverage related issue that I am hoping cricket can solve.

Ice. Specifically the overuse and abuse of ice in relation to Iced Coffee. This problem seems to be a universal one that is plaguing the iced coffee street stalls, Thai coffee shops, multinational coffee chains: they are all abusing and overusing ice. Forget saying 'namkeng nid noi krup'...that just ain't happening.

The amount of ice to be added seems to be directionally proportional to the size of the Iced Coffee container. The coffee server will always go for a 0.5 centimetre Ice overfill, then push the lid down to contain the Ice mass.

The entire ice mass is then reducing the amount of actual liquid that can be added to the cup! No wonder everyone gets super giant sized ice coffees, they simply need to if they want more than 100mls of actual liquid.

The overuse of Ice in Iced Coffee. Can cricket solve this?

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The first issue is Donuts. In particular Mister Donuts. I find the dough not to my liking, Is it baked or something? I really don't know but they just aren't right. Also, and I cannot be 100% certain, but the inside Donut hole might be slightly skewed to one side of the Donut, creating and uneven circumference of dough.

You can see the problems with that if you are sharing the Donut, obviously: Someone loses out with the smaller half of the Donut.

We covered food earlier. I can't remember the post number. I think it was before we reached 4 figures. We discussed and agreed (or at least nobody disagreed) that cricket would reduce the unnecessary spiciness (and weirdness) in Thai food

With regards to doughnuts specifically, this issue will be solved as soon as New Zealand tour Thailand for the first time. Jesse Ryder (the fattest international cricketer) will demand proper doughnuts, which will then need to be imported (and subsequently copied all over the Kingdom).

Excellent! A very considered reply and a great solution. I look forward to the kiwi-isation of the Thai Donut (doughnut) market.

I am sorry to harp on about food...but I do have another food/beverage related issue that I am hoping cricket can solve.

Ice. Specifically the overuse and abuse of ice in relation to Iced Coffee. This problem seems to be a universal one that is plaguing the iced coffee street stalls, Thai coffee shops, multinational coffee chains: they are all abusing and overusing ice. Forget saying 'namkeng nid noi krup'...that just ain't happening.

The amount of ice to be added seems to be directionally proportional to the size of the Iced Coffee container. The coffee server will always go for a 0.5 centimetre Ice overfill, then push the lid down to contain the Ice mass.

The entire ice mass is then reducing the amount of actual liquid that can be added to the cup! No wonder everyone gets super giant sized ice coffees, they simply need to if they want more than 100mls of actual liquid.

Yes, as such underhand behaviour is akin to underarm bowling, which as previously mentioned can only be bowled with permission of the opposing captain. Once the Thais are assimilated into cricketers they will refrain from any such underhand / underarm behaviour.

Edited by brit1984

With the exitement of cricket who needs coffee to keep awake!!!

Until phuturatica has joined into the thrill and spirit of the game, she may need a coffee to conteract the drowsiness of her alcoholic beverage...wink.png

Edited by kevjohn

Until phuturatica has joined into the thrill and spirit of the game, she may need a coffee to conteract the drowsiness of her alcoholic beverage...wink.png

She'll be too busy shuttling to and back delivering our drinks and sandwiches between overs to be bored. That isn't sexist....it is meant to teach her what an over is......

Physically, he much resembled some of the characters you've seen in Pattaya and Phuket.

W G was a Speedo wearing GERMAN?????

Which leads us nicely onto dress codes for supporters...

Obviously sunglasses and an umbrella are de rigeur....

I used to wear a leather jacket to Sunday games.in the early 70s...Trevor Jesty ( for Hants) being my hero .perhaps I was the first cricket one man barmy army????

She'll be too busy shuttling to and back delivering our drinks and sandwiches between overs to be bored. That isn't sexist....it is meant to teach her what an over is......

Now that I understand your way of thinking.....thats OK.......gives me more coffee to wash down my cucumber and cricket sandwiches.

Now that I understand your way of thinking.....thats OK.......gives me more coffee to wash down my cucumber and cricket sandwiches.

Sorry to repeat myself but... cricket sandwiches are cucumber sandwiches...

Creative teaching methods can indeed be very effective

I never knew cucumbers had so many legs...

SC

TV Cricket - six knees seems a bit much!

I never knew cucumbers had so many legs...

SC

TV Cricket - six knees seems a bit much!

They are French ticklers....remember when you used to play French cricket as a kid? A French tickler is the same as have a nibble on the side as in adult cricket....

Physically, he much resembled some of the characters you've seen in Pattaya and Phuket.

Actually, there are no photographic records of WG in Speedo's as they had yet to be invented. Nor yet sunglasses. He usually appeared in rather dirty, baggy, dishevelled whites bearing obvious evidence of either his breakfast or his lunch and his beard carried similar such souvenirs. He seldom appears in photographs of the time without a somewhat disreputable cap which, some say, may have covered a tendency to baldness. But I doubt if the real truth will ever be known.

He was a corpulent man, much given to bombast and a love for strong ale - hence his similarity to his latter day Pattaya and Phuket lookalikes.

There's no evidence that he behaved as a sex tourist though, and it's doubtful that he would have accepted coffee on field, (iced or otherwise), and there are no records of him ever accepting doughnuts.

Yes, a man much to be admired!

Actually, there are no photographic records of WG in Speedo's as they had yet to be invented. Nor yet sunglasses. He usually appeared in rather dirty, baggy, dishevelled whites bearing obvious evidence of either his breakfast or his lunch and his beard carried similar such souvenirs. He seldom appears in photographs of the time without a somewhat disreputable cap which, some say, may have covered a tendency to baldness. But I doubt if the real truth will ever be known.

He was a corpulent man, much given to bombast and a love for strong ale - hence his similarity to his latter day Pattaya and Phuket lookalikes.

There's no evidence that he behaved as a sex tourist though, and it's doubtful that he would have accepted coffee on field, (iced or otherwise), and there are no records of him ever accepting doughnuts.

There is one rumoured likeness to those in Pattaya and Phuket in his inability to walk.....................................................

There is one rumoured likeness to those in Pattaya and Phuket in his inability to walk.....................................................

That's quite true. He apparently was clean bowled in one fairly minor match, replaced the bails and batted on stating "the crowd have come to watch me bat, and not the bowler". Given out on another occasion he remonstrated "shan't have it, can't have it, won't have it!" But you'll have to have it!", was the riposte, and back to the pavilion he went.

There, that's another piece of cricketing folklore for phuturatica to tuck away to bring out for admiration when she's with her peers.

You can all make your own bloody sandwiches and get your own drinks! :P This post is brought to you by me who is slightly intoxicated. However maybe your age is rubbing off on me as I am home already after barely drinking and dancing. Am I getting too old or am I getting in the mood for cricket? (sorry if this makes no sense, but it did in my own little head!) HICCUP! burp.gif

I just have this image of a bunch of old men sipping tea and eating sandwiches whilst watching a game of cricket.

... This post is brought to you by me who is slightly intoxicated. However maybe your age is rubbing off on me as I am home already after barely drinking and dancing. Am I getting too old or am I getting in the mood for cricket? (sorry if this makes no sense, but it did in my own little head!) HICCUP! burp.gif

I just have this image of a bunch of old men sipping tea and eating sandwiches whilst watching a game of cricket.

phuturatica, prepare for tomorrows hangover tonight ... please!

We know how you have suffered in the past.

Cricket is a great hangover cure ... even writing about it helps you!

snapback.pngphuturatica, on Today, 06:05 , said:

... This post is brought to you by me who is slightly intoxicated. However maybe your age is rubbing off on me as I am home already after barely drinking and dancing. Am I getting too old or am I getting in the mood for cricket? (sorry if this makes no sense, but it did in my own little head!) HICCUP! burp.gif

phuturatica.....I notice 1 bottle down and 6 still standing

Hope you don't contemplate drinking the 6 still standing.

Edited by kevjohn

You can all make your own bloody sandwiches and get your own drinks! tongue.png This post is brought to you by me who is slightly intoxicated. However maybe your age is rubbing off on me as I am home already after barely drinking and dancing. Am I getting too old or am I getting in the mood for cricket? (sorry if this makes no sense, but it did in my own little head!) HICCUP! burp.gif

Better barely drinking and dancing than drinking and dancing barely.

I'm quite happy to make the cricket sandwiches, but I draw the line at eating them.

As the Nolans sang, before you were young "I'm in the mood, for cricket" - you'll need to find that yourself, as I can't access youtube from the office.

SC

^^ Well SC, I have to say that my investigative powers have disappointed me on the occasion.

The best I could come up with was this ...

Catchy in it's own way ... especially if you interchange the word Dancing with the word Cricket !

One for you phuturatica?

Edited by David48

^^ Well SC, I have to say that my investigative powers have disappointed me on the occasion.

Catchy in it's own way ... especially if you interchange the word Dancing with the word Cricket !

One for you phuturatica?

Could phuturatica be the cheer leader choreographer??

Her alternative modelling career would be perfectly matched for this task.

Why not consider a cheer squad that is a bit out of the box? Attract a fresh young audience. Thai people love the latest fashion.

There could be two cheer squads, let's face it, we have the transport capabilities.

I stumbled upon this. these girls ARE available and they LOVE cricket. They are all expats living in Thailand apparently.

[media=]

One for you phuturatica?

Could phuturatica be the cheer leader choreographer??

Her alternative modelling career would be perfectly matched for this task.

Why not consider a cheer squad that is a bit out of the box? Attract a fresh young audience. Thai people love the latest fashion.

There could be two cheer squads, let's face it, we have the transport capabilities.

I stumbled upon this. these girls ARE available and they LOVE cricket. They are all expats living in Thailand apparently.

[media=]

Great work