Interesting Doco My Thai Bride, Where Can I See It.

ShanePashen

For being supposedly uneducated, these women sure are good at conning a man and viciously and mercilessly gutting him. It is funny because the stereotype is that these women are victims. While they very likely were victimized at some point, probably before they ever met a farang, they are now certainly NOT the victim.

Edited by farang000999

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

an all too familiar story but Im sorry these women are c**** s no other word for it, despite the men being stupid it tells me far more about the women, I loathe them. Scum of the earth leeches...........am I being too hard.........? No I didnt think sowhistling.gif

I don't mind people taking advantage of market opportunities to make a profit--they have a product (their sex appeal) and there is a market where that product will earn them a profit.

What I DO have a problem with is the paternalistic, patronizing attitude of most westerners that these women are poor victims who deserve sympathy and support. I saw the "My Boyfriend the Sex Tourist" documentary before I knew anything about Thailand and before I visited the country and was at first moved at these poor girls' plight...until I started to talk to more people online and finally went to Thailand.

Nowadays, I feel bad for janitors cleaning bathrooms. Where's the documentary about them?

Read Thai Visa. I have never read such a large group of accidents waiting to happen. One can only ponder and shake his head in wonder. What is the naturally occurring length of marriages in any population? Thai Visa % of marriages under 7 years? 90% maybe 95%.

I've been married 7.5 years! Woohoo!!

Anyone know the average length of a marriage in farangland?

Also, doesnt the women usually clean up in those divorces too?

In thailand isnt there a law to split everything 50/50, or does this not apply to farang?

• Like 1

Read Thai Visa. I have never read such a large group of accidents waiting to happen. One can only ponder and shake his head in wonder. What is the naturally occurring length of marriages in any population? Thai Visa % of marriages under 7 years? 90% maybe 95%.

In thailand isnt there a law to split everything 50/50, or does this not apply to farang?

I think in Australia it is 8.7 years. The rest of the world around 7 years. You know the 7 year itch.

It applies to all marriages registered in Thailand.

I think in Australia it is 8.7 years. The rest of the world around 7 years. You know the 7 year itch.

My first marriage lasted 21 years and I only knew my UK wife for 9 months before we married.

In the divorce I kept my pensions and all of my stuff that woul fit into a Ford Mondeo estate and she had the rest, house car etc.

I knew my Thai wife for 7 years before we married 12 years ago last month and yes the house and all the land are in her name too.

Edited by billd766
  • Like 1

So does the guy in the vid get nothing because he doesnt know this?

Alternatively, why doesnt he rent a bulldozer and flatten it all...............then exit sharpish.

• Like 1

So does the guy in the vid get nothing because he doesnt know this?

Alternatively, why doesnt he rent a bulldozer and flatten it all...............then exit sharpish.

Because the pathetic moron still cares for her, despite all ....

I can't be half-assed to watch it ... it's the same old song being played on a different fiddle.

But I am interested ... does the buffalo get mentioned at all?

God love them poor sick buffalos.

No Buffalo.. Looks like beer might be coming out of the faucets though

the guys a complete tool.and saying hes a spastic is rude to spastics,thank you much love good morning

Welcome back ... did you have a good holiday.

yeah i went to the moon,thanks.

The moon, wow! Did u eat a lot of cheese also?

This threads and all the others of course, are always a good reminder that the men of Thai Visa have highly educated Chinese Thai wifes and not poor Isaan farm girls. wub.png

wub.png I love my little brown Issan farm girl, two uneducated people that understand each otherbiggrin.png

• Like 2

the guys a complete tool.and saying hes a spastic is rude to spastics,thank you much love good morning

Welcome back ... did you have a good holiday.

yeah i went to the moon,thanks.

The moon, wow! Did u eat a lot of cheese also?

moon cakes

I thought Kipling made cakes? Did he write books also? What a talented guy.

He described a Gaelic speaking, negro sailor from Nova Scotia as a , "coal black celt" , in Captains Courageous . Talented he was .

8 May 2012

David Tucker’s My Thai Bride has won the award for Best Mid-Length Documentary at Hot Docs. Held in Toronto, Canada, Hot Docs is North America’s largest documentary festival, with this year’s audience numbers reaching an estimated 165,000.

My Thai Bride was supported by Screen Australia and screened in Hot Docs’ International Spectrum program – a curated competition of diverse works from around the world. The film details the ensuing demise of Ted, a 46-year-old Welshman, after his marriage to a poor Thai bar girl.

On awarding the prize the jury said, “My Thai Bride is a film that takes the story of an unlikely couple and through subtle analysis extends their human dramas into a moving examination of political, cultural and economic power dynamics. It is a film that destabilises its viewer’s empathy through a nuanced and even-handed portrayal of charged, contradictory terrain, and reframes who exactly is the conqueror and conquered.”

http://www.screenaus...08_hotdocs.aspx

Any relationship that starts as a commercial agreement usually sets the tone for the future.

Yes and as long as you keep it on that basis, pay a reasonable salary/allowance and be a firm but fair boss things can keep going well for quite a while.

It's these guys that pay out ten years' wages in the first six months that I don't understand. . .

Any relationship that starts as a commercial agreement usually sets the tone for the future.

Yes and as long as you keep it on that basis, pay a reasonable salary/allowance and be a firm but fair boss things can keep going well for quite a while.

It's these guys that pay out ten years' wages in the first six months that I don't understand. . .

Lines get blurred. A lot of guys seem to forget that the honeymoon period generally ends before a year.

Better to invest more heavily after that time, if you make it.

I've heard more than one bloke say 'But I loved her. I gave her everything she wanted.'.

Lines get blurred. A lot of guys seem to forget that the honeymoon period generally ends before a year.

I've heard more than one bloke say 'But I loved her. I gave her everything she wanted.'.

I like the old adage " you don't pick a bar girl , she picks you " , excuse my being off topic .

I like the old adage " you don't pick a bar girl , she picks you " , excuse my being off topic .

Maybe not so off topic... perhaps that is what happened in this 'My thai bride' video ..