Latest Report On Double Entry Tourist Visa In Suvannakhet.

Booked a ticket from counter number 37 mo chit last saturday to mukdahan, VIP bus priced at 575 baht.

Left mo chit 8pm wednesday arrived in mukdahan at 5.30am thursday.

Got a tuktuk to the border, guy said as im alone it would cost me 150 baht, i tried for 100 hundred but to be honest couldnt really be bothered to haggle down a mere 50 baht so paid full price.

Got there at 6am, First person and immigration closed.

They opened about 7.15am. Got through only to have to wait until 8.30am for the first bus.

Noticed 2 mini buses of foreigners pulled up, Spoke to one guy and said he was on a visa package that cost 6500 baht, all inclusive, says the only thing they have to do is que at the embassy in suvannakhet. They had some thai lady filling out all there forms for there laos visa.

Bus pulled at 7.45am, tried to get on along with many thais and laos only to be told that the very large bus is reserved for her group. I said there were at least 20 spaces on the bus cant we get on? she ignored and closed the doors. Oh well.

Bus arrived at 8.30am. Was a stampede to get on it as you know what asians r like when they wanna get on a bus at a border. I managed to get on of course as i was first to the border and refused to let them push past me. Have a nice bruise on my arm whilst getting crushed while getting in.

Arived at the laos border, got my Laos visa, 1500 baht?? is that correct, i thought last time i paid 1000, i have a UK passport by the way.

Anyway got through and also managed to get through b4 the group as again the thai lady had to fill out 20 odd forms for there Thai visas. hahhah som num nah!!!

Took a tuktuk to the embassy. Me and 2 others, 100 baht each, Told its 200 if travel alone.

Paid 40 baht for the ladyboy in the shop opposite to fill out my application form. Highly recommended as she/he can fill the out within 2 mins.

Got into the que with about 15 people infront of me applying for visas. Took about 15 mins to get my turn.

When i handed over my application the phone rang and the officer guy answered. All he said to me was 2000 baht. No check of passport and no check on application form. Yes he was busy on the phone but it made me think maybe cus the ladyboy filled the form out he recognised the hand writing and accepted.

So there you go. Simple as that.

All in all cost me about 5000 baht.

Thanks for this report. It has been reported before that there's no point taking a tuk tuk to the border because you're going to have to board a bus anyway so just wait for that bus. Best for value and convenience seems to be flying to one of the nearby airports then paying for a sava vegas visa run.

A word of caution on back to back tourist visas. I was in Savannakhet a couple of weeks ago and a farang was refused a visa due to having numerous visas already.

It depends on how many are in your passport. I have seen this happen a couple of times. It can be a real problem traveling so far and not succeeding.

ermm.gif

On these figure you give, Sorry does not add up

Bus each way from BKK @ 575 = 1150 baht

Tuk Tuk to Boarder @ 150 baht each way = 300

Visa to Laos = 1,500

Tuk Tuk to Embassy 100 baht each way = 200

Thai Visa 2,000 baht

So far = 5,150 baht........... did you not have to pay for the bus each way in No mans land ? [over the bridge between boarders]

Pay the Lady-boy to fill out the forms ?

Pay for a Hotel ?

I ask because when I went I checked out the prices there was no difference......... Re you say "Spoke to one guy and said he was on a visa package that cost 6500 baht, all inclusive"..... This included a very nice Hotel + 2 wonderful breakfasts just down the road,+ an evening meal, everything was done and arranged, forms filled out........ The Mini Buses were 9 seater's so lots of leg room.

"Anyway got through and also managed to get through b4 the group as again the thai lady had to fill out 20 odd forms for there Thai visas. hahhah som num nah!!!"

You'd think they would have picked up a stack of the forms each trip for the next trip to fill in on the bus to the border.

Visa to Laos = 1,500

Thai Visa 2,000 baht

So far = 5,150 baht........... did you not have to pay for the bus each way in No mans land ? [over the bridge between boarders]

Pay for a Hotel ?

I ask because when I went I checked out the prices there was no difference......... Re you say "Spoke to one guy and said he was on a visa package that cost 6500 baht, all inclusive"..... This included a very nice Hotel + 2 wonderful breakfasts just down the road,+ an evening meal, everything was done and arranged, forms filled out........ The Mini Buses were 9 seater's so lots of leg room.

bus to mukdahan 575

tuk tuk to thai border 150

bus to loas border 50

laos visa 1500

tuktuk to embassy 100

ladyboy form 40 baht

visa 2000

hotel 400

back to laos border 100

bus to thai border 50

Got a lift to mukdahan bus terminal with a farang and his thai gf

bus to bangkok 400 baht, (was just standard a/c)

so 5365 baht. As i said about 5k.

To be honest id rather go alone even if its the same price, Takes the same amount of time and chances are you meet less freaky farang.

Visa to Laos = 1,500

Thai Visa 2,000 baht

Pay for a Hotel ?

bus to mukdahan 575

tuk tuk to thai border 150

bus to loas border 50

laos visa 1500

tuktuk to embassy 100

ladyboy form 40 baht

visa 2000

hotel 400

back to laos border 100

bus to thai border 50

Got a lift to mukdahan bus terminal with a farang and his thai gf

bus to bangkok 400 baht, (was just standard a/c)

so 5365 baht. As i said about 5k.

To be honest id rather go alone even if its the same price, Takes the same amount of time and chances are you meet less freaky farang.

did you tip the thai girl & farang for the lift to the Mukdahan ? say 20 baht ... just kidding.

Fly up there ... get the visa done as quickly as possible and get the hell outa there...

Fly back and I have the limo waiting for me at the airport ... then proceed to the Marriot for a couple of drinks to close the night.

why penny pinch and account for every baht you spend ?

I stayed at the Savan Vegas and just got the Visa a quickly as I could....

anyway, good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

A word of caution on back to back tourist visas. I was in Savannakhet a couple of weeks ago and a farang was refused a visa due to having numerous visas already.

It depends on how many are in your passport. I have seen this happen a couple of times. It can be a real problem traveling so far and not succeeding.

ermm.gif

Like to know more about this: "I have seen this happen a couple of times." Where you have seen this, in Savannakhet? Or someone told you so?

In my passport :

Jun 2008, triple TR Helsinki + 1 extension

Jan 2009, double TR Vientiane + 1 extension

Jun 2009, double TR Vientiane

Sep 2009, double TR Vientiane, "got Red Stamp"

Jan 2010, single TR Phnom Penh + 1 extension

Apr 2010, two time land border run, 15 days + 15 days

May 2010 ->Europe

June 2010, multientry Non-im "O", Hull by post

Aug 2011, single TR Phnom Penh, "Used Agent" + 1 extension

Nov 2011, double TR Savannakhet +2 extension

Today 24/5/2012 , double TR Savannakhet

No problem at all in Savannakhet. Wednesday morning there were maybe 20 people on line and just 3 or 4 farang.

• 5 months later...